1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Bug/Issue An insight into Stardew Valley's issues on PS4 Pro

Discussion in 'Support' started by Bousf, Jan 3, 2017.

1. Starcade03

Starcade03 Space Spelunker

Any luck after update 4.55? I've given up on this game and uninstalled it a couple of weeks ago but would love to get back into it once it's fixed.

Magitha likes this.
    • Magitha

Magitha Twenty-three is number one

I haven't risked it either. It has to be tested many times for long hours and I just don't feel like risking it anymore. Or getting my hopes up by it working fine the first time and then next time it three beeps next time. But based on neogaf it's still broke... sigh surprise surprise

Starcade03 likes this.
      • Starcade03

Starcade03 Space Spelunker

This is so sad. The game had so much potential. I'm shocked this issue wasn't prioritized by Sony or Chucklefish. They even released a hard disc copy of the game before worrying about this bug. In my 20 years of console gaming, this is one of the most severe bugs I've come across due to its ability to affect the console beyond the scope of the game itself.

• Magitha

The worst bug. It hurts seeing the hard copy out. I'd love to know how that runs on the pro...but $40 when I already paid $20 for something that's breaking our consoles. And completely agree with being sad about this. Chuckle anything???

• Bousf

Bousf Aquatic Astronaut

The second Sony said it was a problem in their end Chucklefish stopped even addressing the issue, shifting blame real quick. And I'm not saying it's their fault, it may be Sony's fault, but we can't push them as communicatively as they can, so they should make sure they know the issue persists and that work should be done towards it.

Starting to believe we're a small enough minority to be ignored altogether and it makes my blood boil. One wants to support indie games but things like this will make me think twice from now on.

Magitha likes this.
            • @cat

@cat Master Chief

i tho this bug have fixed on 4.5 but seems not. I got my hard disc collector edition yesterday, my pro is on system 4.55.
              Played for 2 hours then turned it to sleep mode. Got the 3 beep issues. I havent tried the Spotify method yet but still, I am worrying the game will damaged my pro.

I also posted an unboxing post on a taiwanese biggest forum about this game, after i got the issues I told everyone do not buy this game until it fixed.
              Many players are interested on the collector edition but i say do not buy the PS4 version.

I hope you guys will fix it or console players are so disappeared about the bug.
              I got this game on PC and paid $30 for the console edition to support you guys, hope it will fix very soon.

Magitha likes this.
              • KingSephir

KingSephir Space Hobo

Bump! This is still affecting the PS4 Pro. Downloaded the game yesterday and I can't use rest mode anymore... just like DOOM :(

• Magitha

Have you tried Doom recently? Because I've had zero issue with that, but I only bought it recently. So it seems like Bethesda fixed their issue.....The devs are to worried about working on the Nintendo version, so not risking my switch for this game, but hopefully it screws with people's switches and they stop getting a free pass on this.

• tccoxon

tccoxon Procedurally Generated Programmer

Are people still reproducing this in 4.55? I managed to trigger it once in 4.50 (which I reported to Sony), but not since 4.55. Is there anything you need to do in-game before it will happen for you?

• Bousf

Bousf Aquatic Astronaut

I have not had any issues since 4.50 but all I've been doing is trying (and failing at) JotPK without dying since so maybe I haven't done whatever in-game trigger there is. PS4 Pro works fine, Rest Mode works fine and only got a couple of game freezes during JotPK (may be another issue) but nothing else. Of course, this is my isolated case, no idea on if it continues to happen to people.

• rmartin979

rmartin979 Starship Captain

Haven't tried. Playing other stuff for now. Main reason is every time I get my hopes up after a few uneventful sessions, my hopes are dashed with a 3-beep rest mode failure.

Magitha likes this.
                        • Magitha

So according to the devs on another forum "The Pro issue was a bug related to the console's OS, which we believe Sony have now fixed on their end in a recent update. It should no longer be an issue!" Don't miss "we believe" I'm so tempted to test it out, but there's so many other games out and I'm still salty about being burned by this game so many times. I wish I couldn't gotten a refund.

• Bousf

Bousf Aquatic Astronaut

Well, it hasn't happened to me for months now and I haven't heard of people suffering from it recently so fingers crossed! They did patch the game yesterday, but nothing on PS4 Pro was mentioned in the patch notes. They added EFIGS localization and some other cool stuff so if the Pro issue really is gone then we're all in the clear! I will try to get to it these days and see what I can get out of it :D

Magitha likes this.
                            • Magitha

Thank you! Its good to hear that it hasn't been happening as much. It would be nice to get into it fully :).

• Magitha

I finally decided to give it a go. Twice no issues... third time 3 beeps. Guess I'll shelve it for a lil while longer.

• tccoxon

tccoxon Procedurally Generated Programmer

If there is anyone still experiencing these issues in the latest PS4 Pro system software update (4.72), would you be able to answer some questions?
                                  1. Do you notice any other symptoms besides the three beeps that occur when entering rest mode?
                                  2. Did you bring it out of rest mode to play (as opposed to turning it on from an off state)?
                                  3. Did you play any other games before Stardew Valley during that same power cycle?
                                  4. How long did you play Stardew Valley before putting the system into rest mode?
                                  We're still working with Sony to help investigate this. :)

• Magitha

I'll test it a little more on the new update. May take a few days if I don't three beep the first time but I'll keep at it for now.

Thank you :)

• Magitha

Ok so I got the three beeps again today.

I don't rest my console, I get the three beeps upon normal shut down. Along with it taking longer to shut down.

I notice the first three times I played it, I played something else before SV.

Today I played for about 4 hours.

Everything else seemed normal.

• SRRavs

SRRavs Yeah, You!

I just got it today on my PS4 Pro (latest patches all around). Have been getting it since early on and I re-try every few weeks to see if it's been fixed.

1. Besides the three beeps on sleep, the system hard locks when trying to bring it out of sleep after the beeps. I have to pull the power cord to fix. I have a few accounts on my PS4 and when the system is locked, it shows all the account pictures but the account names aren't populated.
                                        2. Today, I did bring it out of rest mode to play. I started the game, messed around in the character creator, and then put the PS4Pro to sleep on the Stardew title screen to see if the problem would occur. It didn't that time. About 10 minutes later, I brought the console out of sleep and played a new character for about 2 hours. I put the console to sleep right after saving my game. I got the three beeps and the console lockup.
                                        3. I didn't play any other games but I did browse the PSN store.
                                        4. About 2 hours.

Hope this info helps!

• @cat

@cat Master Chief

1. i completely close the game before turning it to sleep mode, it took longer time to turn to sleep mode.
                                          2. no, my pro cant wake from sleep mode after playing this game, 3 beep and need me hard reboot.
                                          3. no
                                          4. once 30mins, once 2 hours.