1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Bug/Issue An insight into Stardew Valley's issues on PS4 Pro

Discussion in 'Support' started by Bousf, Jan 3, 2017.

1. edtherevelator

edtherevelator Tentacle Wrangler

I played for about an hour yesterday, boost mode enabled. I closed the app when done and played some other stuff for awhile. No issues, but that's also a much shorter playtime than what others have been playing with it.

As Bousf said, issues aren't gone completely, but Boost Mode does seem to be helping.

• Starcade03

Starcade03 Space Spelunker

Well, dang it. I've been playing the game on the 4.50 beta with no issues for over a week; however, tonight I updated to beta build v3 and played Stardew for 1.5 hours, then had it hang in Rest Mode. Grrrrr!

• Magitha

Magitha Twenty-three is number one

I've finished an entire year within the beta. From start to mid summer three beeps three times. Then it was good until today (which was probably my longest session in one sit down) I stopped a few days after spring started and three beeps upon shut down. Still no hangs for me though.

• Mikek

Mikek Tentacle Wrangler

I have now played about 150hours on PS4 PRO and I never encountered any mentioned problems. It could be becouse I have rest mode disabled (I don't see any need for it) and I always turn console completely off.

• Magitha

You are among the few lucky then.

I only use rest for downloading(you must mainly play disc games or do you just leave your console on for the entire dl). However my issue have been with a proper shut down. It takes almost a min to power down and then beeps three times. This is after the beta 4.5 I'm no longer referencing prior to.

• Magitha

Played for only two in game days, three beeps. So clearly not a time issue. I'm taking another break from the game until 4.50 is outta beta.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2017
              • Elite49

Elite49 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Well with the official release tomorrow, we'll see if it's actually fixed! Here's to wishful thinking.

• Magitha

I'm hoping! I won't be testing this game until after HZD and ME. So hopefully people post there findings here.

• Elite49

Ok so I've played roughly 8 hours since yesterday and my PS4 shuts down fine after use and I can interact with parties (joining/leaving). Haven't tested playing another game right after though. Beat HZD before the patch so I can finally enjoy this game. Will report back with further testing.

• Magitha

Awesome! TY. I was on beta 2 and spring and summer seasons seem to give me the most issue. Serisouly hope it's fixed!

• rmartin979

rmartin979 Starship Captain

I am happy to report that I have had no issues with Stardew Valley since the new update went live.

Magitha likes this.
                        • Bousf

Bousf Aquatic Astronaut

Hello everybody, I will probably secure some time in the weekend to give SV a try under the new system software update, so expect feedback in a matter of days! :)

Magitha likes this.
                          • Magitha

Still three beeps upon shut down for me

• Elite49

Have had 0 issues with the game since the update, running in boost mode. I can also play other games after a hour long session of SDV.

• Magitha

I've had no issue with other games hanging since beta but upon shut down I still get three beeps when I first tried the beta I barely got it, after 40 hours on the beta and now on the update.... happens every time I play. No other games effected.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2017
                                • Starcade03

Starcade03 Space Spelunker

Well it seems we're back to square one! I'm having issues on a consistent basis, just like I was before I signed up for the 4.50 beta. My options are to either not play SV or disable Rest Mode in my settings and exclusively shut down the console (still with three beeps, though). Both of these options suck! I'm starting to feel like we've been completely alienated and forgotten while Chucklefish and Sony play the blame game...

• tccoxon

tccoxon Procedurally Generated Programmer

It's strange that the update would fix the issue for some users and not others. Is it affected by what options you turn on, e.g. Boost Mode?

Chazprime and Elite49 like this.
                                    • Magitha

Boost mode is on. I've tried it both ways and I get the same result. When I first got into 4.50 as beta it was better then it has been with only a few times it shut down inproperly. Now since beta went live it's happened every time. I've had it happen while playing two hours to eight hours. Thinking it may be a timing issue but that doesn't seem to be the case.

I've also tried turning off dif functions in the power options...no luck. I want to test seasons playing thru winter as I had no crashes while playing during the beta but I'm also afraid for my console. Could have just been lucky but def something to look into.

However I am happy to report no games hang for me ever. But I do also turn my console back on and shut it back down when I get the three beeps.

I'm really hoping it can get fixed I serisouly love the game and it looks fantastic on console.

Edit: I'm not sure most user even realize anything is wrong. If they don't use the rest option they may not even realize the three beeps is an issue. from what I can tell the beta didn't fix it for anyone it just slightly improved it but if they put time into the issue will flare up.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2017
                                        tccoxon likes this.
                                      • rmartin979

rmartin979 Starship Captain

Out of the blue the old rest mode issue has reappeared for me. Unfortunately gotta give up on this game I guess.

Elite49 likes this.
                                        • Bousf

Bousf Aquatic Astronaut

Hello everybody, in to report that I play mostly with no issues but I encountered a 3-beep turnoff once in 6 sessions with the game. The issue seems to have mitigated greatly on my end but it ain't gone....