1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Bug/Issue An insight into Stardew Valley's issues on PS4 Pro

Discussion in 'Support' started by Bousf, Jan 3, 2017.

1. Starcade03

Starcade03 Space Spelunker

I am on 4.50 beta as well. Rest Mode issues fixed!!!! I will post as I play more over the weekend if any issues pop up.

Magitha likes this.
    • Bousf

Bousf Aquatic Astronaut

Technically, beta matters should not be discussed in public forums or websites, but I don't know to which extent Sony is strict about it.

I am in the 4.50 beta as well, but I won't tell you my findings, just in case. Instead, I'll tell you I had a great day today. It was cold, and I had a lot of work to do, I had to shift to different tasks multiple times and do some of them from a different device, and part of my work was up on social media too. It was exhausting, but the satisfaction of being able to go to bed smoothly after a long session of hard work made it all worthwhile. A big smile on my face and a sign of good times ahead, if you catch my drift ;)

• Magitha

Magitha Twenty-three is number one

Yay so glad can't wait until it's outta beta

• LostTempest

LostTempest Seal Broken

I was thinking this too. I will probably remove my post just in case.

• Magitha

Did you sign an nda? Also ppl are openly talking about it on neogaf you guys are being paranoid but thanks for your input that the rest issue seems to be fixed on boost mode

Last edited: Feb 4, 2017
            • Chazprime

Chazprime Void-Bound Voyager

It's a biiiig update. There's actually a lot of little issues that Pro users are having, so they are attempting to address a lot of them.

Usually on Sony's betas you're asked not to post screenshots or talk about features that aren't public, but I don't think they're going to care if you acknowledge that this update corrects issues this game.

• Boboulus

Boboulus Poptop Tamer

I also have the 4.50 beta and this is not a closed beta but a public one but you had to appply for it. As for me i have been in the ps beta program since the ps2-era You can talk about it but bugs and such are to be reported to the correct places. But just to be sure keep it to a minimum maybe... but all the info about it is already outed officially. :)

I can confirm that fw 4.50 solves the issue with the game on PS4 pro so happy days

• Magitha

Ok I'm in the beta (4.50) so I will post my findings...
                  so far
                  Tried it without boost mode... played 3 days, rested and three beeps. Turned on ps pro and boost mode and other game worked no hangs. Played another day of Sdv and accedently turned off console instead of rest and no issue. (Before even turning of the console took longer then normal, now it turned off normal)

Edit.

Played another day of SDV and stared destiny and battlefront with no issue and rested with no issue. So far boost mode seems to have fixed issue.. again will keep posting

Last edited: Feb 6, 2017
                  • Boboulus

Boboulus Poptop Tamer

Sorry to say that the issue with rest mode is still here for me... played today and put ps4 to rest and got tje 3 beeps and wont turn on now. So need to pull the power cord :( it all seems to work yesterday when i tried.

Anyone else with 4.50 that have still got the issue?

• Magitha

Damn it. I didn't get a chance to test it more today, tomorrow I'm going to give it a better test.

Also instead of pulling the power have you tried holding down the power for a long time like 30-45 seconds? That always works for me without having to pull the power

Boboulus likes this.
                      • Boboulus

Boboulus Poptop Tamer

Thanks will try that! Will also try to see if I can replicate this again.

Magitha likes this.
                        • Boboulus

Boboulus Poptop Tamer

Did a test just now and this time it worked to put PS4 pro to rest. Last time when i gave me 3 beeps I had previously played overwatch and might affected somehow. More testing needed :)

Magitha likes this.
                          • edtherevelator

edtherevelator Tentacle Wrangler

I wouldn't worry about the nda here, if there is one. Pretty sure it wouldn't apply to a support forum discussing how the game runs on the console. Wouldn't post screenshots tho unless a Chucklefish employee asks specifically for em, tho.

Magitha likes this.
                            • edtherevelator

edtherevelator Tentacle Wrangler

Also I am in the beta but out of town, can check tomorrow and see if Boost Mode fixes the issue for me. Fingers crossed!

• Magitha

Not fixed on beta BOOO so disappointed I guess back to pc version for me.

Had three beeps after playing 3 in game days. Console stuck on the blinking orange lights had to hold power for 20 seconds and it powered down.

Edit. Deleted and reinstalled SV kept save since it was an after beta save, played two days, rested no issue. Downloaded and tried it on my bfs pro(4.50 beta) and rested no issue.
                                The pros seem to start from rest insanely quick now!

Also no games have hung at all tried 6 dif games and all booted fine.

So I have no idea. LOL

Last edited: Feb 6, 2017
                                • Elite49

Elite49 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Looking at these Beta replies doesn't fill me with much confidence but hopefully it's fixed by the time the final version is released. Hoping Chucklefish are not just sitting on this thinking Sony has already 100% fixed the issues and are still working with them.

• Magitha

I'm just not using rest mode. In the beginning my pro would take long to shut down as well as not resting and hanging games. Now full shut down is fine, no hangs but rest issue is still a big ? hopefully chuckle hasn't whipped their hands clean of this.

• Bousf

Bousf Aquatic Astronaut

Hello everyone, just in to report that I have been playing SV without any issues over the past few days, every single problem is gone on my end, but I haven't played a whole lot of hours so I'll keep testing and see if anything surfaces.

• Magitha

Been playing the past few days, made it to mid summer. Just powered down....three beeps. It seems to be random.

• Bousf

Bousf Aquatic Astronaut

After over 20 hours of Stardew Valley on the 4.50 beta, I got a turn-off with 3 beeps. The issues seem to have mitigated hugely but they still linger there which is a pain. I wonder what will be causing it that is giving so much trouble to fix....