1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Bug/Issue An insight into Stardew Valley's issues on PS4 Pro

Discussion in 'Support' started by Bousf, Jan 3, 2017.

1. Chazprime

Chazprime Void-Bound Voyager

I wouldn't sweat it too much, the hard drive can take a beating and power cycling the console won't damage it no matter how scary the warnings look o_O. Just be sure to use the power button to reset the console, don't reset it when a game is saving and don't just pull the power cord out of the wall.

What are your share/streaming settings set at? The PS4 dumps the video buffer when you press the share button and I believe also when you press the PS button to bring the OS to the foreground… that could be a factor here.

Has Chucklefish asked for anyone's save file yet? What's really odd about this issue is that people who replace their consoles are still having the same problems. Normally when it's a hardware issue, replacing the hardware fixes the problem. If it were a software issue, we'd all be having the same problems.

I've yet to experience the issue on my Pro (knock on wood) and mine is a Sept. 2016 model like some others here. I installed a 2TB drive and did a transfer from a regular PS4 to this one, that's the only noteworthy change I've made to the machine. I did some informal polling of my friends list and know of at two others who are able to play the game on a Pro with no issues. None of us have seen a manufacture date other than Sept. 2016 yet.

• Bousf

Bousf Aquatic Astronaut

I have the standard share button mode (press to display menu, hold to take screenshot and press twice to record/stop recording). Recorded clip length was 15 minutes (changed it to 60 now because I didn't know that could be done and it's better for me lol) and resolution is 1920x1080. Screenshot format is PNG at 2K resolution.
      Broadcast settings: "Display message to spectators and spectators' comments" is ticked, can't tick "include video from PS Camera in broadcast" because I don't have one. All of my audio settings choices are unticked.

Spotify seems to work for the majority of my attempts but it isn't tried-and-true (failed on me 1/6 times). If new Pro's don't solve the problem and not everyone suffers from it, then I can only wonder what is truly at the root of the issues and if the trigger is a specific in-game action or console setting......

From what I have recalled, Chucklefish hasn't asked for any save files regarding this issue. If that will help them, I will provide whatever data necessary, I really want this to get a solution so that we can all enjoy the game at its fullest.

• aqarion

aqarion Intergalactic Tourist

aye this forum helped a lot i really recently bought stardew on my ps4 pro and then the issues started to appear ima give it a few more days and if it happen 2 more times im just gana get my ps4 replaced

• Starcade03

Starcade03 Space Spelunker

I'm here to report that the 3rd PS4 Pro I've bought went into Rest Mode tonight after playing 3 hours of Stardew with only a minor hiccup: it took 2-3 seconds longer than usual. Other than that, it worked. The newest Pro I have has an October 2016 manufacture date. If you recall, the first two I had were both September 2016 and both had Rest Mode issues.

Granted, there are a lot of variables at play here and something else certainly could be what's driving the fix; however, I have all of my Rest Mode features checked (power to USB ports, auto downloads, auto uploads, etc) and avoided using Spotify or the Share button, and it still worked. I'll keep using Rest Mode over the next week or two and will update this post if the issues arise again.

Elite49 and Bousf like this.
          • Bousf

Bousf Aquatic Astronaut

Thanks for the update! My issues with SV started when I was 10 hours into the game and after many sessions, so please let us know if something comes up on your end (let's hope nothing does lol)

When it comes to me, I have managed to go into 3 more spotless sessions with Spotify to a ratio of 1/9 faulty sessions. I keep pressing the Share button every 5 minutes or so, for caution.

• edtherevelator

edtherevelator Tentacle Wrangler

Can any of the devs reading this thread comment on if the PS Pro issue will be addressed in the upcoming patch? If not, guess I'm going to Sony and trying for the refund.

• Starcade03

Starcade03 Space Spelunker

My second, third, and fourth sessions this weekend--all over one hour--ran without any issues. I have been using a save file with over 30 hours in game time since testing it on the 3rd PS4 Pro.

On my fifth gaming session this evening, the Rest Mode issues and non-SV game loading splash screen issues have now reappeared and I am back to square one. This proves that the manufacture date doesn't matter.

Elite49, Bousf and Chrisy like this.
                • Bousf

Bousf Aquatic Astronaut

Thank you for the info, at least we now know that regardless of the PS4 Pro model one has the issues could happen. I am not playing the game these days but I will be back to it very soon, and with it I'll test things further. Hopefully by then the issue has at least been replicated by Chucklefish!

• Chazprime

Chazprime Void-Bound Voyager

Bousf likes this.
                  • Bousf

Bousf Aquatic Astronaut

• Elite49

Elite49 Subatomic Cosmonaut

• graf1k

graf1k Poptop Tamer

Don't know about the Sleep issue, but I just played through about 4 days on the newest patch (1.02) before the game just BSOD on me. Date was Fall 27 Year 5 and I was on my horse on the farm riding to Marnie's for some hay while the Junimos were out gathering my crops and the game just froze up hard. It didn't even do the error screen correctly. It just showed an error (CE-34878-0) in Stardew Valley and it actually got stuck at that screen. Even when I held down the PS button and closed the application from there, it still hung on the error screen. Putting the system into rest mode took a while and did the 3 beeps, but it finally went into Rest and came out of it afterward without cycling power or anything.

Oh well. I knocked out my platinum so I guess I'll just continue to wait until the next patch...

• Bousf

Bousf Aquatic Astronaut

Just in case you have missed it on the main thread, ISSUE HAS BEEN LOCALISED. The problem has a solution on Sony's hand, which will roll out when the next big system software update drops (no date yet but it will be soon, since beta starts in February - possibly March for the actual update). Allegedly, the game will no longer cause trouble to us when that update is in our PS4 Pro's. For now, let's cross our fingers for it to work and stay ready to report back and keep making polite noise if it doesn't.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2017
                        graf1k and edtherevelator like this.
                      • Elite49

Elite49 Subatomic Cosmonaut

What's crazy is we have to wait at least another month for Sony to solve this issue in it's next big firmware update and they can't be bothered to just release a 4.08/4.10 that fixes just this issue. Must be a SDK update or something bigger.

• Bousf

Bousf Aquatic Astronaut

It is most certainly no tiny setting, otherwise a simple performance/stability update would've sufficed. Now all we can do is wait and hope for the best. As soon as I find out if I am provided access to the beta I will test whether if the game works fine or not :)

• graf1k

graf1k Poptop Tamer

I'm on the beta 4.50 firmware right now. Rode around on my horse all over the farm around the Junimos for 2 full in-game days (which has been the most reliable way to crash the game for me) and thus far it's been fine. Started a stream, no problem. Joined a chat, no problem. Fingers crossed, this might have done it. Will continue testing as I can. BTW I did all this with the "Boost Mode" enabled just FYI.

edtherevelator likes this.
                            • Magitha

Magitha Twenty-three is number one

Have you tried rest mode!!??!! Lol

• graf1k

graf1k Poptop Tamer

Sorry, yeah. No problem there either although I had been resting the system fine for a while now.

edtherevelator likes this.
                                • Magitha

Did your pro have any of the system breaking issues before? Not in game issue.

• Magitha

That is great news!!!

Thank you for posting :)

LostTempest likes this.