1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Ammo Overhaul is gone. :(

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Yuni, May 16, 2014.

1. Zuvaii

Zuvaii Heliosphere

Keep in mind, the opposite is the case these days. I went after Dreadwing in full Titanium Gear on my Novakid and each pistol shot did 10-11 damage and the rifle shots did maybe 35 or so damage per hit, all the while making it impossible to block unless I used a shield (which defeats the whole space cowboy thing to me). Yet my Glitch who used a Broadsword for Parrying and Hammer for attacking took out massive chunks of Dreadwing's health per swing.

2. xxCygnus13xx

xxCygnus13xx Scruffy Nerf-Herder

i will definitely work on balance I am currently thinking that recipes should be changed and damage value should be balanced. i am gonna go through and play with the mod in its current state, but I plan on putting it out for people to help me test and to get more feedback. I would like to have a version out by this weekend or so.

3. Anonfox123

Anonfox123 Pangalactic Porcupine

Agreed. Rifles should do at least broadsword-level DPS, range should compensate for no blocking and such. Just that how the new armor works, high fire rate does net lower DPS against armor. I was able to one-shot the hammer-mutants with a rocket launcher I found in the crate before the first hatch (lucky, I know), but a higher-tier assault rifle with the same DPS did jack against the same guy.

There should be a "corroded" status effect that temporarily negates armor. Delivered by some kind of acid bomb made with cactus logs and poison? *shrug*

4. Zuvaii

Zuvaii Heliosphere

That's because of how armor works. If an attack has high DPS but low damage per hit, it'll do at best, scratch damage, at worst, none at all. It's why Hammers and Broadswords are so favored in attacking, the DPS might not be as high as you'd expect, but the damage per swing is more than enough to power through the armor and either one-shot enemies or damage them so much that they have at most a couple bars of health left. Melee also doesn't use energy to attack, so they can use techs as well, which gun users don't have the luxury of. Then there's the issue of distance, or lack thereof in this game, the ranges we can use the guns aren't exactly great to begin with, it's like we should only use it to lower the health of whatever is about to engage us in melee.

5. xxCygnus13xx

Huge Necro. If anyone still cares/want to use the mod again. I (finally) got around to bringing most of the mod back from the dead. The only things missing from the original are flamethrowers, biome specific guns, and bows/crossbows. I plan on bringing the flamethrowers and biome guns back, but first I want to balance and fix issues with the main crafted guns.

Attached Files:

octoling and Pingeh like this.
  6. WallyBW93

WallyBW93 Subatomic Cosmonaut

What exactly did this mod entail?

7. xxCygnus13xx

The mod basically adds a framework for creating guns with various "ammo" types.

Here is a link to the old Nexus page with some details.
    http://www.nexusmods.com/starbound/mods/324/?

8. WallyBW93

WallyBW93 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Hmmm that's pretty cool, and unfortunate. I don't download any mod that is game changing, just the cosmetic kind of stuff (It's a personal rule). So it's kinda sad this wasn't intergrated because then I'd actually have it without breaking my rule. Oh well, I have no problem with the gun I have. I main a assault rifle with frost and it has served me well.

9. Alucard I

Alucard I King Homestuck I

First of all - NECRO.
    Secondly: @xxCygnus13xx make a new thread.

10. xxCygnus13xx

I plan on doing just that, but I figured I would see if anyone here still cared/wanted to take a look and wanted to help test things out.

Pingeh likes this.