1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Ammo Overhaul is gone. :(

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Yuni, May 16, 2014.

1. Yuni

Yuni Phantasmal Quasar

Unfortunately, my most favorite mod for this game is now gone. I'm not sure how I feel. I don't know that much, but I do know that Chucklefish was going to include in the game my favorite mod officially, possibly related to me and other people requesting it. MMN Ammo Overhaul. After trying to check its status and seeing 'you don't have permission to do that' I got confused and did some thread digging. Turns out Chucklefish had some sort of altercation with the mod author, and now it has been axed from independant and official mod inclusion. :(

I could not be more upset and unhappy right now about this. Hopefully someone else picks up the torch of making guns more interesting again, because as is in the vanilla game I'm not really interested in them. I already went on and on about why I liked the mod in the 'which mods should we include?' thread, so I'm not going to just repeat it all.

All I know is I'm very sad, not sure who to be upset at, and not sure if I will maintain interest now. :( Here I was drastically looking forwards to the latest Starbound update, now I'm not sure WHAT to do. Sad Yuni. :'(

Anyone else have more details on what was going on? Any other news on this kind of thing?

StarScribe likes this.
  2. Guthrie28

Guthrie28 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

3. Yuni

Yuni Phantasmal Quasar

But is he still working on it? Or has he abandoned development?

4. Darklight

Darklight Oxygen Tank

WEll it was pretty much completed according to him

Serenity likes this.
  5. Fiben Bolger

Fiben Bolger Pangalactic Porcupine

Some might say he abandoned all reason and thus, all hope.

Serenity likes this.
  6. boneleech

boneleech Void-Bound Voyager

From what I read at reddit, he said he abandoned it

7. Litagano Motscoud

Litagano Motscoud Master Astronaut

I thought he said he would continue updating? Perhaps I read wrong.

Serenity likes this.
  8. Oculemon

Oculemon Starship Captain

Wurmheart will continue to update Ammo Overhaul

9. boneleech

boneleech Void-Bound Voyager

awesome if that is so, as I read he had given up on it, due to the stuff that happened.

10. Zuvaii

Zuvaii Heliosphere

I can't believe this. I saw the reddit thread and well, one of the first image links will detail just what happened. Check the explanation for discontinuation document included in one of the downloads.

11. J-block

J-block Pay it Forward

I believe the author didn't like the way he was treated and the lack of information and contact he got when they wanted to put his mod in the game.

After he publically spoke about the ordeal they decided to remove the mod from the game, and It seems his account was removed from the forum altogether?

e: here's a thingy I found: https://github.com/Wurmheart/Ammo-Overhaul/blob/master/Explanation of the Discontinuation.txt

12. Darklight

Darklight Oxygen Tank

He disclosed private conversations on 4chan. YOu don't have to be a rocket scientist to know that's a really really dumb move if you want to stay in a company's good graces

13. J-block

J-block Pay it Forward

It might not have been bright to have shared the information publicly, but I don't agree with the way CF (Molly?) handled it.
    Then again I don't agree with how Chucklefish handles almost anything they do.

14. Zurgh

Zurgh Void-Bound Voyager

Mistakes were made on both sides. Hopefully, these mistakes can be learned from... or at least serve as a warning to others.

Rezerkity likes this.
  15. Zuvaii

Zuvaii Heliosphere

A warning for who is really the question. CF or mod authors?

Rovole likes this.
  16. Madzai

Madzai Phantasmal Quasar

Yeah, it's not the best way to act. Both from Wurmhearth and Molly sides. But there is major diffidence between guy and Molly. 1-st is random dude from somewhere, an enthusiast and a modder who knew nothing about legal stuff and don't have to, he owe nothing to CF and don't have to act like a pro. And NDA or wherever paper he singed. I dunno how much authority does it have in different courtiers, but i'm pretty sure if it's against local law he could literally wipe his ass with it without legal consequences.
    Molly on the other side is a CM and an official representative of CF. It's her f****n job to manage public view, read letters and do other paper work so answers like:"Hurr, durr i just missed a couple of letter and didn't answer him for a couple of moths and i dunno guy become so jumpy." is utterly incompetent.

To modders, CF don't leran on their own mistakes.

17. Zurgh

Zurgh Void-Bound Voyager

Not just Cf and modders, but to everyone.

My hope is that now that most of the team is assembled in one place, the time that was spent 'spinning there wheels' will go towards not just finishing starbound, but to resolving some public communications issues.

18. Zuvaii

Zuvaii Heliosphere

You'll forgive me for not being optimistic after these recent turn of events.

19. SweFox

SweFox Guest

I personally don't care at all. I think what he did was wrong and very idiotic.

I will still have it installed on my server though because it's a good mod.
    Would be nice if he kept updating it but it's pretty whatever in my opinion.

Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2014
  20. Pentarctagon

Pentarctagon Over 9000!!!

So basically:

Guy makes good mod, CF asks for inclusion.
    CF forgets about it somehow, Guy gets mad, posts private messages on 4chan.
    CF decides not to use the mod, doesn't tell Guy, so Guy stops developing the mod.

As far as I can tell, they're both stupid.

Rovole, XaoG and (deleted member) like this.