AngryCat's Farm Edits (discontinued)

Discussion in 'Mods' started by AngryCat, Oct 6, 2016.

1. AngryCat

AngryCat Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Well, I could, though it would be a little more complicated than a typical one to install, as I used some custom tilesheets that would also have to be installed.

rswhisper likes this.
    • AngryCat

But if you're willing to try, what you need to do is unzip these files into your Maps folder, and these files into your Contents folder.
      You MUST do both, or it'll crash when it tries to load the farm. Trust me, I messed that up my first go myself...

rswhisper and hadenvoss like this.
      • hadenvoss

hadenvoss Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Thank you so so so much!

rswhisper and AngryCat like this.
        • AngryCat

Let me know if you have any trouble with it; I'm still modding my own game, so I've only done base testing for it

Oh, as a warning; LOTS of tall grass. This farm has clearly become wild and overgrown since grandfather stopped caring for it ;)

• General Chaos

General Chaos Pangalactic Porcupine

rswhisper and AngryCat like this.
          • Zaane

Zaane Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Currently using this map and loving it so far, only problem I have is that my character seems to phase through the bridges and corners around the river and the ''geode node'' (or so lookup anything tells me its called) appear to be unbreakable.
            Screenshot (1).png

Screenshot (5).png

Edit: Seems you also cannot fish in this ghostly river nor can you refill your watering can, its as if the river doesn't exist at all :casper: . Also this map looks pretty good with darker dirt as well.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2016
              rswhisper likes this.
            • AngryCat

Interesting on the phasing, will take a look at that. Uh...no idea on the geode node, that's the mining map not my edit (I can't edit that stuff to my knowledge)
              Fah. How about my pond to the south, does that water work for the watering can and fishing?

Alternatively, I've been contemplating replacing the bridges with stone ones, hmm....

rswhisper likes this.
              • Zaane

Pond to the south seems to work fine for both the watering can and the fishing, haven't noticed a difference in what you can catch between the normal water and deeper looking water, though my fishing level IS low right now.

Edit: Found another little something seems to be an invisible wall where my mouse is pointing in an upside-down L shape around my character (my character would be in the corner of the L with a wall on my left and in front of me)

Screenshot (7).png

Last edited: Oct 17, 2016
                • AngryCat

Ah, the former cliff spot. Lots of reports of that issue with the mining map when the cliff-face is trimmed back, I have no idea what's going on there, sadly

rswhisper likes this.
                  • AngryCat

The bridge thing is so weird, I didn't actually alter the bridges at all... I'ma turn them into stone ones

-edit- Oh, I found it; oddly, one of the bridges was on the wrong layer (Front instead of building). I have no idea how that happened

rswhisper likes this.
                    • AngryCat

whereislaurita and rswhisper like this.
                    • Arrek

Arrek Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Found this map issues so far:
                      Using the new map, the bridge phasing remains. Also I'm finding myself unable to cross the E-W bridge to the shrine.
                      Second on the south E-W Bridge on the shorelines phasing issues also.
                      From the invis wall earlier where the cliff face used to be, the area behind the pink tree directly north is another wall.
                      The Lamp on the pier is also phased incorrectly. I walk right through it =)

Seriously love this map, thanks for all the work put in on them.

rswhisper likes this.
                      • Zaane

I definitely like the stone bridges more, but when I replace the xnb it doesn't seem to change the bridges or anything on the map at all, weird.

• Algerith

Algerith Void-Bound Voyager

That's great, however all the bushes seems to be gone and replaced by trees. Is there a way to get the bushes back? I really miss the aesthetics.

• General Chaos

General Chaos Pangalactic Porcupine

Haha I was so excited about the map being uploaded I didn't even notice the bushes were gone til you said that :rofl:. I do like having the bushes, but if AngryCat makes version with them back, I will still keep the all trees one and have one with buses as a alt/alt heh.

• AngryCat

Hmm, I'll try re-uploading it, maybe I reposted the original version by mistake.

-edit- Okay, yea, my own version in game still has the wooden planks, so I must've repacked the files before the map edit finished saving. Fixing that now!

I personally really dislike the bushes, but I can make an edit putting some back if you like. Do you mind if they're in different places than the original positioning?

rswhisper likes this.
                              • AngryCat

Okay, so, I'm gonna presume when the storm took out the power, it messed with my saves. Looking into the issue, both the last saved map file and associated .yaml are missing my changes that added the bridge. Siiiigh.

Here we go;

upload_2016-10-18_10-31-25.png

Download

rswhisper likes this.
                                • Algerith

Algerith Void-Bound Voyager

I would prefer if they are in the original positions just like the original forest map.

• Zaane

Currently re-checking everything on a new save file since my other one couldn't advance to summer for some reason (smapi said I was missing summer_townInterior or something like that but even with a check of my backups and a reinstall of the game there is no such file ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ) heres what I have so far:

Bridges look excellent and the phasing through problem seems to be mostly fixed, the exception being the sideways bridges like the north-western bridge where you still phase through the rails, aside from that the river still seems to be non existent (can't fish / refill watering can)

The ''Geode Node(s)'' are now breakable :D

Without a doubt prefer the stone bridges over the wooden ones though

• AngryCat

That's one of the files included in the original download I posted of my farm, was a custom one that has to be installed to both the Maps folder and the Contents.