Alter the Storyline?

Discussion in 'Other' started by Madmarlon, Mar 6, 2012.

1. Madmarlon

Madmarlon Pangalactic Porcupine

I didn't know where to post this, so I put it up in here!

I thought since the storyline is probably not going to be that "complicated", you should be able to alter it in some ways, or even change the ending!

Like when the final baddie asks you "How about we rule the universe together?" you could be able to choose an answer, and if you team up with him, a new questline would begin!
    Or when an NPC, who plays an important key role in the story is in danger, you could decide to let him die in vain. That would also affect the storyline, because you never learned the secrets of your home planet he was going to tell you. I guess you catch my drift, so what do think about that?

Sarzael likes this.
  2. TheRev

TheRev Industrial Terraformer

What I take it your talking about is what you decide to do in quests, have an importance in the "World" other then just another quest done. This is a very cool aspect, but takes some forethought into what options there are, and is really difficult to do "Dynamically".

It would be cool if you had options, other then what the main story quest tells you to do, and some games portray this as "Favor" or how much a group likes you, and depending on what you do is what effects that. Also depending on this same "Favor" is what options are available to you. I hope there are some aspects that will follow this, or at least when the modding comes out there is some way to "Edit" the storyline to evolve it to something that can handle this. =)

Madmarlon likes this.