Digital All things Starbound...Come request!

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by trickymimic, Feb 20, 2014.

1. PLOPinkiePie

PLOPinkiePie Title Not Found

I would looooooove it if you'd be able to draw my Avali character "Jasako"
    The chestplates are the Avian tier 2 one's ("Sparrow Breastplate")
    And if you could make the swords like a high-tech, dark blue one it'd be awesome aswell.
    You can let your mind on the loose, but fighting is this guy's best ability :3
    But if you can just let him stand on like.. a cliffedge, a determined look on his face, his blades drawn while staring at the The Bone Dragon who's flying in the distance; it'd make me love you forever

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Veeeeeery much thanks in advance, and if you're not able to do it, no worries ^-^

2. turbonugget

turbonugget Orbital Explorer

Hey man! Can I just say your variance in style is fraggin' fantastic? Lemme humbly submit my request:

Character is Mei Xiang, a human born and raised on Earth.

[​IMG]

A good image I have is her is on a ship that's rapidly moving away from Earth as humanity's homeworld meets its doom. There's a few tears running down her face as she views her home through a large window, but she doesn't have a sad expression---it's angry. Set with determination. I will return.

...Or something like that. Please let me know if you need more details, I know that was vague as hell. If it helps any, anything else I leave to your artistic interpretation, though if you can shoot for realistic and gritty that be awesome! As for clothes: I envision her as a bit of a tomboy, so a tank top and cargo pants is her garb. Something vaguely similar to Faith from Mirror's Edge. And despite the picture, she's not that well endowed.

Hawk Novablast likes this.
  3. JacobPanda

JacobPanda Subatomic Cosmonaut

Oh wowzers mc Guyzerz! could..you do a peice of my Glitch? i'd like him to be holding the Antispyware Sword while hugging an avian :p

Attached Files:

4. InsanityPixelated

InsanityPixelated Existential Complex

I really love this art style! The way it looks is so... Surreal almost.
    Continue with the work!

Also, special project if you're interested!
    [​IMG]
    I'd like the face of my Horseman, as creepy as you can manage without turning it into horror, Illuminated by an the Arcade machine's screen light.
    His eyes glued to the screen. You can even let the Game (Of your choosing, Preferably 8-Bit) reflect in his eyes, if you have time.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2014
  5. zandar1

zandar1 Space Spelunker

Could you do a request of my character Dr. Wire the glitch bard.

Attached Files:

6. trickymimic

trickymimic Space Spelunker

How's that :u

PLOPinkiePie likes this.
  7. PLOPinkiePie

I love you forever.
    Dude, it's so awesome I wish I could do something in return somehow..

8. trickymimic

...more requests? :3 lol.

9. PLOPinkiePie

Hehe, why not?X3

This is Pinkie Pie
    [​IMG]

I am a brony yes, (you probably figured it already), and she's my favorite character out of the show, but in Starbound she's a mafia boss instead of a "party pony"
    If you could draw her in a gunfight, her shooting akimbo pistols (perferably magnums) at a group of bandits, she's surrounded and she is like.. shooting in to 2 directions to the side of her,
    it could be anywhere, on an open field, or in a small town, just be as creative as you'd like :3

Thanks in advance again!
    (And take your time, I am happy enough with my current one already :3)

10. trickymimic

Done.

11. Young Alek

Young Alek Subatomic Cosmonaut

That looks so amazing! Thanks!

12. Young Alek

Young Alek Subatomic Cosmonaut

Alright, this will probably be the last one I request for a while, so feel free to take as much time as you need.
    Alek 2.jpg Alek 3.jpg
    Before you say anything, I know the hat on the right looks ridiculous. That was my intention.
    This is Riggs, he's a rock'n'rollin', gunslingin', "screw the rules" anarchist.
    I'd like a picture of him shredding on his guitar wearing the ridiculous officer's hat and his jacket.
    I'd like his jacket to be draped on his shoulders, but his arms not in the sleeves. Like a cape, almost.
    I'd also like a large bonfire behind him that's slightly silhouetting him.
    For the expression on his face, a crooked smile (I love crooked smiles...) showing his canines would do.
    Pose? Adrian Smith, for the win. Just, of course, flip the image so his left hand strumming.
    And finally I'd like the anarchy symbol tattooed on the back of his left hand (which is the hand I'd like to be strumming on the guitar).
    Looking forward to the pic!

13. Mikhaos

Mikhaos Pangalactic Porcupine

Hey trickster, are you up for a challenge? If your still taking additional requests that is.
    Edit: finally got it, took forever without Photoshop!
    [​IMG]
    I was wondering if you could do a sort of book cover for Kaiser, a story I'm working on, using the crew of the Helios 5 Cruiser (fairly large exploration ship). Maybe with some dynamic foreshortening in there if possible with the crew on the bridge of the ship. Alternatively, a very creative cover by whatever means suites you.
    The characters are as follows >

Lars: A rebellious Floran adopted by a human couple in Nova City, expert in hand-to-hand combat and reverse engineering (a tinkerer of sorts), believes excessive violence is an option that can solve any problem, ship security officer

Sid Copperbot: Wise old Glitch outcast with a gruff demeanor, occasionally found whistling a tune or two while working, usually carries around a large gravity wrench, ship mechanic

Lora Klein: Apex that escaped the Miniknog's scientific VEG experiments, excels at hand-to-hand combat and apex weaponry, has a serious straightforward personality, ship science officer

John Eldritch:
    Nova City's ace detective, former USCM sergeant with a bit of PTSD, wields a single high energy pistol, ship captain

Hiroko Miyamoto:
    Not actually apart of the ships crew but opts in to look after Aika, a Hylotl missionary that excels at sword combat, wields a masamune, currently ships medic

Aika Ayomi:
    A young music loving Avali that was separated from his former crew through a series of disastrous events, follows Hiroko's mission for peace, trained by Hiroko in using myriad of melee weapons, ships navigator and pilot, can usually be found wearing headphones

They get sent on a mission to investigate a research facility whose communications are down. Strange things start happening once they get there.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2014
  14. BlastRed

BlastRed Spaceman Spiff

Im going to request.
    TO TEST YOUR SKILLS!

Make my avatar
    A guy with dual wield guns
    Top Hat, khaki pants, red jacket, black shirt, black shoes
    Additional stuff: Epic shades.
    make it any way you'd like!

15. turbonugget

turbonugget Orbital Explorer

And I come on here and realize you did the full damn thing really fast! I thought what you sent me in Inbox was like, the primordial beginnings of the final product. Reminds me of a scene from one of the Alien novelizations that detailed the fall of Earth by the xenomorphs. It's the ship design that reminded me of that. And she looks appropriately grumpy that her homeworld just got tentacle-ized c:

Fawkin' great!

Last edited: Mar 8, 2014
  16. The O5 Director

The O5 Director Big Damn Hero

[​IMG]

Here is Caius Anarkhas, a rough-and-tumble brawler from Starbound Serenity RP. Has made a significant impact on the community, mostly just by stomping heads and hitting people with steel chairs really really hard.

Could you draw this guy smashing a bandit over the head with a steel chair while simutaneously stomping on another, prone bandit's head?

17. Noble Pigeon

Noble Pigeon Void-Bound Voyager

It vaguely sounds like you want to challenge yourself, so maybe my request would fulfill that? I dunno, I could be wrong. I ain't no artist, that's why I rely on more talented folks like yerself :>

[​IMG]

So this is Historia Leclerc, a scion of the restored French monarchy on planet Earth. Before it was, you know, destroyed by horrific tentacles. A veteran in the French military's engagements on Mars and the Jovian Moons, Historia spends her days adventuring on distant alien worlds and teaching astronomy on the few human colonies outside the solar system. She is sophisticated, intelligent, egotistical, and eccentric; however, she sees herself possessing only the first two traits, thus lending credence to the third trait.

To emphasize on her appearance a bit: her air of nobility and royalty clash horribly with her rather mundane jeans, unzipped black leather jacket, and an even more horribly mundane white-grey t-shirt underneath the jacket. She doesn't wear a whole lot of makeup, only adding to her commoner look. Essentially, this is a literal princess whose garb gives away nothing of that fact.

And the picture? I'd imagine something like her standing over the twitching remains of some alien monstrosity (don't care what it looks like, as long as its horrifying) with this cocky grin on her face, a smoking pistol in one of her hands, and some alien treasure relic in her other hand (the details of this relic is completely in your hands). The landscape could be the two of them in some forest clearing, the entrance of a tomb nearby (where she a) got that alien relic, and b) also met her now-dead "friend"). As for colors and mood and all that jazz: realistic to a certain extent, but as I imagine this character being the archetypical "high adventure/Indiana Jones" esque person, go crazy with whatever you feel like!

Oh and can I just say I love that picture of the two Glitch playing cards? I can almost faintly hear that Cantina theme from Star Wars playing in the background there...

18. joedanger

joedanger Scruffy Nerf-Herder

whoa that's epic good job

19. StaleSnake

StaleSnake Space Spelunker

Dude, if I gave you a sketch, could you paint it? or draw it?

20. Flam3

Flam3 Void-Bound Voyager

A request of mine:
    [​IMG]
    This is Amandus Farwell, the human co-leader of the Dark Syndicate, a group of assassins, who are at the moment seeking to liberate the Apex via eliminating all sources of authority, reducing Big Ape's power.
    The scene I have in mind is him on the rooftop of an Apex building, with two grappling hooks attached to his belt, along with dual Annoyance of the Gods sheathed on his belt, the plasma rifle shown on his back. Have it a night scene overlooking a plaza, possibly with a lot of Apex civilians and guards walking around on the streets.