1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

all my teleporter and normal bookmarks are gone, thanks to 1.0.4 FIXED

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Creative Name, Aug 2, 2016.

1. Creative Name

Creative Name Void-Bound Voyager

To say I'm pissed off is an understatement... Any help, devs?

2. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Please attach a copy of your starbound.log

~ Iris ~

3. Creative Name

I had like, 3 different colonies which i spent so much time and resources on...

4. Iris Blanche

Like i said...attach a copy of your starbound.log

~ Iris ~

5. soopytwist

soopytwist Pangalactic Porcupine

You had me worried for a second there. I just checked and my book marks are intact and so are my stored items. Sucks if you've lost stuff but obviously hasn't happened for everyone.

6. Creative Name

I am unable to attach it, say something about the file type being not allowed.

7. Iris Blanche

Afaik .log files should be allowed. If it doesn't work simply put it into a zip file.

~ Iris ~

8. Creative Name

I somehow have 5 different logs, and they are "starbound.log.1-5" they end with a number, so its something weird on my end

9. Iris Blanche

Is there a file simply called starbound? If yes your machine doesn't display the file extensions. But that's the file i need to take a look at. :)

~ Iris ~

10. Creative Name

there is only the config file, a .txt, and the .log1-5

11. Iris Blanche

just put all files except config in the zip file. i'll pick the right one by myself ^^

~ Iris ~

12. Creative Name

that should be it

Attached Files:

13. Iris Blanche

[Warn] Error loading player storage metadata file, resetting: (JsonParsingException) Error parsing json: expected JSON object or array at top level at 1:1
    [Error] UniverseServer: Could not load universe settings file, loading defaults (IOException) Wrong magic bytes at start of versioned json file, expected 'SBVJ01'

It seems that the metadata was corrupted and your universe settings. The universe folder in your storage folder holds all planets you visited. The first large number is X the second is Y of the system. If they doesn't end with a .FAIL they're still valid and you can revisit them. The bookmarks are lost because the universe settings seem to have a new id. If you provide me your player file and the universe settings (universe.dat in the universe folder) i can possibly restore your bookmarks.

~ Iris ~

14. Creative Name

here

Attached Files:

15. Iris Blanche

Should work now. The flags of your outpost are resetted too. Redoing the missions through sail should help. I can also provide a command list for setting the flags again if you want.

~ Iris ~

Attached Files:

16. Creative Name

17. Iris Blanche

No problem :) If you want to restore the outpost with commands just let me know.

~ Iris ~

18. Creative Name

no thanks, i almost restored it myself