1. When making a thread, please tag your thread accordingly using the menu to the left of the textfield where you name your thread where applicable. Server Advertisements and Mod Releases should be contained to their respective subforums.

Server Discussion Aegis Wrapper - Server Wrapper

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by unleashurgeek, Dec 15, 2013.

1. unleashurgeek

unleashurgeek Space Spelunker

That is completely true, thus another reason to support windows. I just prefer the *nix architecture and minimal usage of resources when hosting a server.

2. Maffi

Maffi Astral Cartographer

So, are we taking about some JVM language? ;)

3. unleashurgeek

Oh god, I made a post about it somewhere on here, give me a second.....

4. Maffi

Maffi Astral Cartographer

:up:!
    First thing I'll do is to drop jruby.jar into it and try to build a JRuby interface like Purugin does for Bukkit.

5. unleashurgeek

oh that is something I forgot to mention. Since the API is similar to bukkits, like I based it off bukkits because of how clean it is, it should be fairly simple to port plugins from Bukkit to this Wrapper.

6. unleashurgeek

Ugh, power line just went down in my area and is staying down for ~12 hours.,.
    More importantly, I just lost the last couple hours of code most likely because I dont have autosave setup...
    At least I draw out flowcharts on paper that should allow me to recreate the lost code... You gotta love the unpredictable

7. Brockway

Brockway Pangalactic Porcupine

8. Djet

Djet Sandwich Man

It would not be bad to do so, in order not to files throw in the game folder, open for example with the desktop.

9. unleashurgeek

10. unleashurgeek

How it currently works is you can place the wrapper anywhere on your computer, then you just edit the server.properties to have the serverLocation var pointing to the folder containing the starbound_server executable for your OS.

11. hbrewitt

hbrewitt Tentacle Wrangler

This feature is awesome, makes having some files on a Ramdisk a whole lot easier!

12. Djet

Djet Sandwich Man

how are you?

13. eSportler

eSportler Orbital Explorer

yeah, today we got the update :)
    When we could install your wrapper? :)

14. LainSzvahl

LainSzvahl Aquatic Astronaut

we could so use this wrapper right about now., With Starshipserver gone and the few reminants offsite that were keeping it alive have gone MIA.. even Icers one isnt working.

15. Underbalanced

Underbalanced Phantasmal Quasar

Think this was vaporware anyways.

16. hbrewitt

hbrewitt Tentacle Wrangler

Potentially, but promising nonetheless!

17. teihoo

teihoo Ketchup Robot

And so much for even minimum set of server tools -.- gah the server is horrible. wish chucklefish would chuckle for the server tools some :/

18. Like every others this wrapper even if not released the owner will need to re-write much things, after i see how they messed up most of the ids, and the networking of the server, any mod depending of it got Broke on Furious Koala, now we must wait to the wrappers developers to dig again into the code to make it compatible with this version.

19. teihoo

teihoo Ketchup Robot

Meh wrappers.... just let them make server with proper funcions... i dislike wrappers.

20. Crashdoom

Crashdoom Pangalactic Porcupine

*points over at Minecraft* Be glad we don't have to re-write the entire server from scratch :p