Modding Discussion Tiered Racial Weapon mod +More [W.I.P Thread] - Now Released

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by ImHereForTheMods, Feb 12, 2017.

?

How would you rate this mod, as it stands right now?

1. 1 (Awful / Buggy)

16.7%
  2. 2 (Meh / Needs Improvement)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 3 (Overall Decent)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. 4 (Pretty good)

16.7%
  5. 5 (Awesome!)

66.7%
  1. ImHereForTheMods

ImHereForTheMods Cosmic Narwhal

As the title says, I am looking for testers for my mods.

If you are here to give advice on balancing, check the next to last post for stats info.
    If not, then, here is the break-down of what's happening.

These mods are currently in beta, and as such, do not represent the final quality of the mods.
    Any of the aspects of these mods, could potentially be changed before official release.

So, a brief overview of the mods and what they do first.

(Apparently this has been done before, but, I ain't gonna let that stop me, so... Gonna keep at it)

Racial Megamod (Avian Prototype) : (racialmegamod.zip) (All weapons craftable at anvil (t1) )

[​IMG][​IMG]

Basically, this mod aims to bring back racial tiered weapons from pre-1.0. At the moment, I only have the avian tiered weapons brought back.

What I need of you is, well, to test this mod, report any errors / problems / improvements you would like to see.

I have tested it thouroughly, and checked the log, and there seem to be no errors, but, I would just like the community's opinions on the mod, before I move ahead and incorporate other races.

My biggest worry is the balance of the weapons.

I would like for them to be somewhat realistic / not cheaty, but still be good enough that they make it worth it to pursue the racial tiered versions as opposed to the procedurally generated / unique alternatives.

I also am not sure as far as the recipies go, if the materials make them challenging enough in regards to progression. For instance, you couldn't just craft a tier 3 or 4 right off the bat.

Also, the art for them all, some of them (broadswords, shortswords, daggers) I changed from the default color (the beige-y color) to reflect the upgrade (solarium is yellow, violium is purple, etc.) However, for certain types, such as hammers, axes, and spears, I left them the default coloring since I felt it resembled the style of the avian species and their architecture.

Now that you you've listened to me ramble on for a bit, the download is attached.

So, any comments on these areas, or really any areas would be appreciated.

Avian Augment : (avianaugment.zip) (Craftable at anvil (t1) )
    Also, included, is an augment mod (avianaugment) in case you want to test that as well, and give me some thoughts on it!
    Basically it is an augment, based off the low gravity augment from the vanilla game.

It enables you to "fly" (sorta) in that, you can glide, and don't take fall damage. Also, it has a speed increase buff.
    Flying becomes somewhat better when you recieve a jump tech, as you can jump mid air, to go higher, or continue flying.

However, eventually, you run out of jumps, and will fall eventually. I am looking for a way to change this, so that you can stay up as long as you want, but as of right now, that's how it is.

So yeah, if you wanna give that a test as well, and give me some input on that, go ahead!

Be sure to mention which mod you are giving input on though, pehaps like:

Racial Mod Input :
    (Your input)

Avian Augment Input :
    (Your input)

Or something similar.

Important notes:
    All items / mods listed are craftable at the iron anvil tier 1.
    Also, all items are craftable in survival (without admin) by AVIANS ONLY.
    So you will not be able to craft any of these mods with any species other than avians without admin mode on!

Also, in pure survival / casual / hardcore (admin mode off) the items unlock in a tiered progression.
    Once you craft one weapon, the next will unlock.

For Racial Megamod :
    Search : axe / dagger / hammer / shortsword / broadsword / spear / avian : at crafting avnil

For Avian Augment :
    Search : augment / avian : at crafting avnil

Also, be sure to extract it to your mods folder (duh).

Bugs Found : (Racial Megamod) (Attached Version) :
    - Some tier 3 / 4 weapons had misspelled rarity types : (Unommon, instead of Uncommon) (Fixed)

Bugs Found : (Avian Augment Prototype) (Attached Version) :
    - Takes forever to sink in water with this augment active. Not sure if there is a workaround for this, but will see.

Planned :
    Racial Megamod :
    - Implementing all tiered weapons, of all types for all species (once I get the necessary feedback on how I am doing with the avian weapons, because then there is less to change later, if I get it balanced now, in the early stages)
    - Perhaps some additional racial weapons later, by my own design.

More General Info:
    Avian Augment : (Prototype) : (The Idea)
    At the moment, this is just a prototype for a way for avians to be able to "fly" which makes sense, given that they are birds, especially when used with: http://community.playstarbound.com/resources/just-like-real-birds.3390/

The "just like real birds" mod, adds animated wings to avians. So I thought it would make sense for avians to be able to fly when I got that mod. So, the direction this augment moves in, is tied in with the whole idea of having avians with wings, basically. So, this mod works best in union with the "just like real birds mod".

Thanks in advance for your time, energy, and assistance, shalst you choose to give of it!
    Also thanks to all who helped to even get this mod to where it is now, and their patience!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 15, 2017
    xaliber and fluffyfloran like this.
  2. Cyel

Cyel Scruffy Nerf-Herder

The avian augment's super OP, and completely kills the vanilla's "movement abilities" progression. It bypasses the double jump entierely, and makes the choice between double jump / rocket jump irrevelant. Besides, following the lore 'n' stuff, while the avians have feathers they can't fly, plus it somewhat ruins all the "hey go jump from the top of that very very big tall tower for the love of our god" lore thingy

I prefer frackin' races take on it: "-65% Fall Damage, Slowed Fall, Jump Speed increase, +5% Jump Height" + "You love a good breeze. In mild to moderate wind conditions you gain slower falls, more agility and more vitality." (While I don't really like it forcing a playstyle onto a race, I do appreciate the "other" thing such as this one, that stem from their morphologies)

(I, however, did a similar thing (prior to discovering frackin' races), by stealing values from the umbrella and putting it as a status effect for avians. I didn't really did any balance for it because I found out shortly after that frackin' races was doing it way better than me, but I believe I'd have ended up with a pretty similar thingy)

3. ImHereForTheMods

Thank you for your honest input.
    I will take this into consideration in the development of the mod.

I may tweak it a bit, maybe decrease jump height.
    Will see what comes of it.

May it help if I added tiered versions of it, with an increasing material expense? That have an increasing effect?

Also, I should have mentioned, this augment is meant to tie in with : http://community.playstarbound.com/resources/just-like-real-birds.3390/

(because without that mod, I agree, it doesn't make any sense that they'd fly like that, as they have no visible wings)

Thanks again.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2017
  4. ImHereForTheMods

Attached is the updated form of my avian augment prototype mod! (avianaugmentpack_tiered.zip)
    This new version works a bit differently, but has the same concept.

For starters, what has changed?
    1. Augments are organized into tiers 1, 2, and 3 (I, II, and III) each with unqiue levels of effect.
    2. Recipies have been re-done, (new for each tier) to make a progression of effect strength as you play throughout the game.
    3. Tier 3 augment (formerly the prototype), has been re-adjusted slightly so that you jump just a lil bit lower.
    4. File re-layout.
    5. The name of the mod. (Although not important, it's a change nonetheless!)

What has stayed the same, however, is that this version also works best with the : "Just Like Real Birds" mod, found here : http://community.playstarbound.com/resources/just-like-real-birds.3390/

It is reccomended to remove the previous version of this mod before installing the newest version. (For testing purposes) .

Also, as always, the augments are craftable at the anvil (tier 1), and to find them, you can search for : augment / avian .
    The augment is also exclusively craftable by avian characters ONLY. Cause, It wouldn't make sense to see a human jump up and fly away, now would it? That's what I thought.

Known Issues:
    - When augment is equipped, you don't sink at all fast in water, in fact, you hardly sink at all. This is due to the augment using gravity manipulation to "fly", so I am not sure it is fixable.

This is not a finished mod, and could potentially change (even drastically) before release. Though, if you got some time, and want to test the mod, in it's current state, I would welcome your feedback!

Also, I am still working on the racial megamod, and would welcome feedback on that as well! (Latest Version Attached) (1.1)
    I have noticed, and fixed a few bugs, but I really could use some help to polish up the prototype, as it is a rather large project, so that I can get to finishing the other races.
    This is since I will be using the avian weapons as a base for the rest of the race's weapons. So the quicker they get polished, the better.
    It would be preferable to have the base polished, so that all the other races weapons don't stay (potentially) messed up, as that would add up to a lot of things to fix later.
    (About 300 things to be inexact).

So, the sooner you can help me to finish up the prototype, the sooner I can get you the final release! Win-win!

Thank you for your interest in my mods! =)
    I look forward to hearing from you!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 15, 2017
  5. ImHereForTheMods

Just gonna post this here so I can post changes as I make them. Also, to keep track of stuff. Such as results of my testing.

Changelog:

Racial Megamod (Avian Prototype) (1.2) :
    - Changed postioning of tier 2 axe on fire animation .
    - Fixed positioning of tier 4 axe (idle and windup and fire) (was way off) .
    - Fixed positioning of tier 7 axe. (all stances) .
    - Fixed windup stances of all axes .
    - Adjusted tier 8 axe positioning slightly (all stances) .
    - Adjusted tier 9 axe windup stance .
    - Adjusted tier 10 axe windup stance .
    - Tier 7 dagger windup stance adjusted .
    - Pre-slash stance fixed (all hammers) .
    - Tier 1 shortsword positioning readjusted (fire and windup stances) .
    - Tier 2 shortsword positioning readjusted (fire and windup stances ) .
    - Tier 3 shortsword fire stance readjusted .
    - Fixed tier 7 shortsword positioning .

Racial Megamod (Avian Prototype ) (1.3) :
    - Altered recipies for avian axes - (tiers 1-9) based on visuals .
    - Altered recipies for avian broadswords - (tiers 1-11) based on visuals .
    - Fixed a bit of sloppy file naming, within the mod.
    - Lots of recipie altering! (Hope you have lots of string) !
    - Altered recipies for avian daggers - (tiers 1-10) based on visuals .
    - Altered recipies for avian hammers - (tiers 1-10) based on visuals .
    - Changed plantfibre material to string, to make more sense, based on visuals .
    - Altered recipies for avian shortswords - (tiers 1-10) based on visuals .
    - Altered recipies for avian spears - (tiers 1-10) based on visuals .
    - Fixed broken recipies (added commas) .
    - Altered visuals of some of the axes / hammers .
    - Altered recipies to reflect changes .
    - Changed string to rope in crafting recipies (all) .

Racial Megamod (0.1) :
    - Version number changed to reflect beta status / (W.I.P) .
    - Avian weapons completed .
    - Floran axes added / finished .
    - Floran broadswords added / finished .
    - Floran daggers added .
    - Floran hammers added .
    - Floran shortswords added .
    - Floran spears added .
    - Human axes added.
    - Human broadswords added.
    - Floran weapons / tested / polished / functional .
    - Human broadswords and axes tested / polished / functional .
    - Human daggers added / awaiting further testing / tweaking .
    - 140 weapons left to convert .

Known Issues :
    - Tier 10 human broadsword has unchangable positioning. (Investigating) .

Racial Megamod (0.2) (Feb 17th, 2017) :
    - Human hammers tier 1-4 added so far . More to come .
    - Tiers 1-10 human hammers added .
    - Tiers 1-10 human hammers tested / adjusted / operational .
    - Recipie adjustments .
    - Tiers 1-10 human shortswords added / tested / adjusted / operational .
    - Tiers 1-10 daggers tested / operational .
    - Human patch file added, and functional .

Racial Megamod (0.3) (Feb 18th, 2017) :
    - All avian weapons messed up due to corruption without most recent back-up .
    - Avian daggers restored .
    - Avian shortswords restored .
    - Avian spears restored .
    - Random back-up I didn't even know existed, found, and restored all weapons.
    - New in this update : panic, anger, and anxiety, with eventual relief .

Racial Megamod (0.4) (Feb 19th, 2017) :
    - Tiers 1-10 spears finished / tested / functional .
    - All human weapons finished .
    - Starting apex weapons .
    - File clean-up / re-naming .
    - Apex base added - to aid in further development .
    - Glitch base added - to aid in further development .
    - Hylotl base added - to aid in further development .

Racial Megamod (0.5-0.55) (Feb 20th, 2017) :
    - Planned to finish recipies for all remaining weapons today, possibly all art too . Will see what I have time to do today .
    - Changed objective to changing all (species) names in activeitem and recipe files, to match the actual species .
    - All occurences of "human" in .activeitemfile and recipe file, replaced with "apex" .
    - All occurences of "human" in .activeitemfile and recipe file, replaced with "glitch" .
    - All occurences of "human" in .activeitemfile and recipe file, replaced with "hylotl" .
    - Mod now fails to crash the game, which is a good thing - Translation : The mod loads without crashing the game .
    - All apex, glitch, hylotl weapons now load in-game with default coloring .
    - All descriptions in .activeitem file changed to represent actual names . (apex)
    - All descriptions in .activeitem file changed to represent actual names . (glitch)
    - All descriptions in .activeitem file changed to represent actual names . (hylotl)
    - Added apex species patch .
    - Added glitch species patch .
    - Added hylotl species patch .

Note to self : Left to do : Change images / art , change recipes to match art , make adjustments to .activeitemfiles for placement / abilities / element if neccessary.

Racial Megamod (0.6) (Feb 21st, 2017) :
    Dev Note : Plan to finish at least one race today . Will see how it goes .
    - Finished hylotl axe art .
    - Finished hylotl dagger art .
    - Finished hylotl shortsword art .
    - Altered hylotl axe, dagger, and shortsword recipes to reflect art .
    - Finished glitch axe art .
    - Finished glitch dagger art .
    - Finished glitch shortsword art .
    - Altered glitch axe, dagger, and shortsword recipes to reflect art .
    - Finished apex axe art .
    - Finished apex dagger art .
    - Finished apex shortsword art .
    - Altered apex axe, dagger, and shortsword recipes to reflect art .
    - Finished hylotl spear art .
    - Finished glitch spear art .
    - Changed hylotl spears to have ice element secondary abilities .
    - Changed glitch spears to have electric element secondary ability ( tiers 5,6,9,10 ) .
    - Finished apex spear art .
    - Changed apex spears to have electric element secondary ability ( tiers 5,6,9,10 ) .

Final note (0.6) : Did not complete a race, but did, however complete 120 art pieces and recipes today !

Racial Megamod (0.7) (Feb 22nd, 2017) :

Dev note : Plan to get remaining art finished today, apex , glitch , and hylotl . If possible , finish orientation / adjustments .
    Also, planning to set proper elemental alt abilities / alt abilities per race / weapon .
    Also note : glitch tier 4 hammer description describes the hammer as being good for uppercutting, must change this hammer's alt ability to match the description .

- Tier 4 glitch hammer altered to have uppercut alt ability, as opposed to ground slam, to match description .
    - Finished glitch hammer art / recipes .
    - Finished hylotl hammer art / recipes .
    - Added fluffyfloran to "author" section of metadata, for assistance with the mod .
    - Finished apex hammer art / recipes .
    - Finished broadsword art / recipes .
    - Altered apex hammer / broadsword alt ability elements to electric .
    - All apex art complete .
    - Glitch broadsword art complete .
    - All glitch art complete .
    - Altered glitch hammer / broadsword alt ability elements to electric .
    - Hylotl broadsword art complete .
    - All Hylotl art complete .
    - All broadswords / spears / hammers .activeitem alt ability elements checked, and all correct element now .
    - All art complete .
    - Fixed JSON parsing error with hylotl tier 4 broadsword .

Racial Megamod (0.8) (Feb 23rd, 2017) :
    Note: Today is all about testing, and getting the translations correct so the weapons are held correctly when in use .
    Hope to test / finish all weapons today . In which case , public release will likely be today or tommorow .

Problems found :
    - Glitch tier 6 axe does not have aegisalt visuals, fix art later .
    - No sound on tier 9-10 glitch spears for primary ability use . Fix later .

Progress :
    - Fixed glitch tier 1-10 axe positioning .
    - Fixed glitch tier 1-10 broadsword positioning .
    - Glitch tier 11 broadsword recipe fixed . Now actually shows up in crafting menu .
    - Fixed glitch tiers 7-10 dagger positioning .
    - Fixed glitch tiers 1-10 hammer positioning .
    - Fixed glitch tiers 2-9 shortswords positioning .
    - All glitch spears functional .
    - All positioning for glitch weapons fixed .
    - - - End of update - - -

Racial Megamod (0.9) (Feb 24th, 2017) :
    Note : Finish the rest of weapon positioning today / fix any bugs I find to prepare for final release (1.0) .
    Found issues :
    - Apex tier 11 broadsword alt ability positioning is off / unchangeable . Investigate later .
    - Hylotl tier 10 axe needs visual changes .
    - Glitch tier 6 axe does not have aegisalt visuals, fix art later .
    - No sound on tier 9-10 glitch spears for primary ability use . Fix later .
    - All avian weapons , tiers 1-9, all types, are missing recipe for some reason. ... Restore this .

- Fixed apex tier 1-2, 4-6, 8-10 axe positioning .
    - Fixed tier 5 apex broadsword alt ability positioning .
    - Fixed / tested tiers 7-10 apex broadsword positioning fixed .
    - Fixed / tested tiers 2-4 apex dagger positioning .
    - Fixed / tested tiers 1-10 apex hammer positioning .
    - Fixed / tested tiers 1-10 apex shortsword positioning .
    - Apex spears tested / functional .
    - All apex weapon positioning fixed .
    - Hylotl tiers 1-10 axe positioning tested / fixed .
    - Hylotl tiers 1-10 broadswords tested / fixed positioning .
    - Hylotl tiers 1-10 dagger positioning tested / fixed .
    - Hylotl tiers 1-10 hammers tested / fixed positioning .
    - Hylotl tiers 1-10 shortswords tested / fixed positioning .
    - Hylotl tiers 1-10 spears tested / positioning .
    - Hylotl weapons finished / tested / functioning .

ALL WEAPONS FINISHED . . .
    Fix glitches now . . .

- Avian weapon recipies restored .
    - Some avian weapon art re-done .
    - Fixed multiple arts / errors / recipes for avians .
    - Hylotl tier 10 axe visuals / art changed / fixed .
    - Tier 6 glitch axe visuals / art changed / fixed .
    - Sound restored to glitch tiers 9-10 spears for primary ability use .

Also, get images for final release : (1.0) ( Working on now ) .
    - Avian pic : Done .
    - Hylotl pic : Done .
    - Apex pic Done .
    - Glitch pic : Done .
    - Floran pic : Done .
    - Human pic : Done .

Tested, and is compatible with, or without fracking universe ! Or so it appears , from brief tests .

Final comment : The mod is finally done, after tediously editing over 2000 files, over a series of weeks, I can finally say, I did it, the mod, is finished .
    It will be up for download shortly, after some final testing by me .
    This is to assure quality content before release.

Thanks again to all who had a part in helping to move this project forward !
    This may not be the final update, and in fact, I doubt it will be . . .

I may add racial staves back in a future update, or possibly novakid weapons . But until then, this is version 1.0 !

Avian Augments (Tiered) :
    - Swimming boost removed .
    Note : (Feb 21 / 2017) : Looking for ways to make augment not hinder sinking ability in water . . .
    Possible reference : Fracking Universe's gravity altering items .
    Also, look into extending possible number of pulse jumps as an option .
    Note : May try changing gravity settings .

Reference : Quint jump .
    -Tested feasible techs from fracking universe, to serve as a reference for my avian augment .

Statistics :
    Racial Megamod (Avian Prototype) (0.3) :

Damage Tested (On punchy) :
    (dmg), (firerate)

Axes :
    Tier 1 : (15) (0.8)
    Tier 2 : (22) (0.8)
    Tier 3 : (29) (0.8)
    Tier 4 : (36) (0.8)
    Tier 5 : (43) (0.8)
    Tier 6 : (50) (0.8)
    Tier 7 : (58) (0.8)
    Tier 8 : (65) (0.8)
    Tier 9 : (72) (0.8)
    Tier 10 : (79) (0.8)

Broadswords :
    Tier 1 : (Primary) : (6) (2.9) : (Alt) : (5) (Per Hit)
    Tier 2 : (Primary) : (8) (2.9) : (Alt) : (8) (Per Hit)
    Tier 3 : (Primary) : (11) (2.9) : (Alt) : (6) (Per Hit)
    Tier 4 : (Primary) : (14) (2.9) : (Alt) : (8) (Per Hit)
    Tier 5 : (Primary) : (16) (2.9) : (Alt) : (15 + 12(elem) + 3(elem))
    Tier 6 : (Primary) : (19) (2.9) : (Alt) : (18 + 14(elem) + 4(elem) +burn)
    Tier 7 : (Primary) : (21) (2.9) : (Alt) : ((Invalid)(Parry))
    Tier 8 : (Primary) : (33) (2.3) : (Alt) : (27) (Per Hit)
    Tier 9 : (Primary) : (44) (2.1) : (Alt) : (35 + burn)
    Tier 10 : (Primary) : (62) (1.8) : (Alt) : (57 + 15/sec)
    Tier 11 : (Primary) : (104) (1.3) : (Alt) : (33-66) (Per Hit)

Daggers :
    Tier 1 : (3) (3.3)
    Tier 2 : (5) (4)
    Tier 3 : (6) (4)
    Tier 4 : (8) (4)
    Tier 5 : (9) (4)
    Tier 6 : (11) (4)
    Tier 7 : (12) (4)
    Tier 8 : (14) (4)
    Tier 9 : (15) (4)
    [B]Tier 10 : (17) (4)

Hammers :
    Tier 1 : (Primary) : (15) (0.8) : Alt : (18 + 21)
    Tier 2 : (Primary) : (22) (0.8) : Alt : (42 + 6)
    Tier 3 : (Primary) : (29) (0.8) : Alt : (16 - 24)
    Tier 4 : (Primary) : (36) (0.8) : Alt : (30)
    Tier 5 : (Primary) : (43) (0.8) : Alt : (23)
    Tier 6 : (Primary) : (50) (0.8) : Alt : (27)
    Tier 7 : (Primary) : (58) (0.8) : Alt : (16 (per hit) +knockback)
    Tier 8 : (Primary) : (65) (0.8) : Alt : (18 (per hit) +knockback +burn)
    Tier 9 : (Primary) : (110) (1) : Alt : (60)
    Tier 10 : (Primary) : (165) (1) : Alt : (44 - 66)

Shortswords :
    Tier 1 : (6) (2.5)
    Tier 2 : (9) (2.5)
    Tier 3 : (12) (2.5)
    Tier 4 : (15) (2.5)
    Tier 5 : (18) (2.6)
    Tier 6 : (21) (2.5)
    Tier 7 : (24) (2.5)
    Tier 8 : (27) (2.5)
    Tier 9 : (30) (2.5)
    Tier 10 : (33) (2.5)

Spears :
    Tier 1 : (Primary) : (7) (1.8) : (Alt) : (3 - 6)
    Tier 2 : (Primary) : (10) (1.8) : (Alt) : (5 - 9 - 14)
    Tier 3 : (Primary) : (12) (1.9) : (Alt) : (12)
    Tier 4 : (Primary) : (19) (1.7) : (Alt) : (15)
    Tier 5 : (Primary) : (25) (1.7) : (Alt) : (3) (per hit)
    Tier 6 : (Primary) : (32) (1.8) : (Alt) : (4) (per hit + burn)
    Tier 7 : (Primary) : (41) (1.8) : (Alt) : (3 - 7 - 10) (per hit)
    Tier 8 : (Primary) : (56) (2.1) : (Alt) : (4 - 6 - 8) (per hit +burn)
    Tier 9 : (Primary) : (88) (2) : (Alt) : (30)
    Tier 10 : (Primary) : (138) (1.8) : (Alt) : (33 +burn)[/B]

Recipe progression also appears functional.
    Let me know how balanced these stats look, if you can / get the chance. I would appreciate it very much!
    Note : Statistics now final until further notice ) .

Avian Augment Tiered :
    Augment III : Jump Height : 25 Blocks (Approx.) .
    Augment II : Jump Height : 20 Blocks (Approx.) .
    Augment I : Jump Height : 15 Blocks (Approx.) .

Jump heights increasable / maintainable (somewhat) with pulse jump / multi-jump.
    General note: the height of augment III's jump can be reached with augment I, with two multi-jumps.

Will be updated as I test and develop more.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2017
  6. ImHereForTheMods

Just to emphasize, I am still looking for some advice on balancing the weapons if anyone has any thoughts on that.
    I have wrote out all the stats, for each weapon type, each tier.

All you gotta do, is tell me how it looks / tell me what needs changing, if anything.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited: Feb 22, 2017
  7. ImHereForTheMods

So, apparently this mod has been done already, a couple times, didn't know that when I started, but, yeah.

Still gonna move forward with this mod though, since I said I was gonna finish it! I guess it'll just be another version people can choose from, this one having my personal style to it, as well as different crafting recipes.

Thank you for your interest nonetheless!

Also, gonna record how many I have left to do here, mostly for motivational purposes.

To-do Counter :
    Left : 0

Last edited: Feb 24, 2017
  8. ImHereForTheMods

Mod updated to 0.3 (Beta Version) .
    Attached below, mostly for back-up, and my own reference, but if you want to test, and give me feedback, go right ahead.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 19, 2017
  9. ImHereForTheMods

Attached is racialmegamod V0.4, for back-up, and my own reference.
    This version includes bases for apex / hylotl / glitch weapons.

This version does NOT work, and will crash the game if used, since it has many duplicate item names, which will conflict. This is since I copied over the human weapons to serve as a base for the new weapons (hylotl / glitch / apex) .

So, this version is mostly to support my own further development, and not for public testing. If you wish to test / provide input, please reference the last working version.

Attached Files:

fluffyfloran likes this.
  10. fluffyfloran

fluffyfloran Scruffy Nerf-Herder

This is a great concept idea, I will definitely test it once it is working! OwO

ImHereForTheMods likes this.
  11. ImHereForTheMods

Thank.

12. ImHereForTheMods

Version 0.5 (Viable Test Build) - That means you can test it if you want . Anyways, version 0.5 attached, for my reference / back-up .

Attached Files:

13. ImHereForTheMods

Version 0.60 (Beta) - Now includes most racial weapons . Which I haven't got to testing in-game yet, but should work . Orientation may be a little off though on hylotl / apex / and glitch weapons, so I am aware of that .
    But attached is V0.60, in case you want to test, and also for my personal back-up .

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 23, 2017
  14. ImHereForTheMods

Version 0.70 (Beta) - Now with all weapons art finished ! Was a struggle, but that part is finally over !
    Test if you wish, and provide feedback, would be appreciated .
    Anyways, this is for my personal back-up, and ... yadda yadda yadda .

Attached Files:

15. ImHereForTheMods

Version 0.80 (Beta) - Now with fixed positioning for all glitch weapons .

Attached Files:

16. ImHereForTheMods

Coming soon, V1.1! With racial staves! Stay tuned for the update!
    Here's a quick preview!
    [​IMG]

xaliber likes this.
  17. Zanderfel

Zanderfel Big Damn Hero

this is pretty cool looking!
    I do have a question though, what is your method for positioning the arm and weapon angles and also the positioning of the weapons themselves?
    up until now I have just been using trial and error of going back and forth between game and code for HOURS....so I was hoping that you had a better possibly more
    efficient way of doing this.

18. ImHereForTheMods

Thank you! I put quite a bit of work into it!
    Unfortunately I gotta tell you, the way I positioned them is also trial and error, changing the value til they looked right.
    But, there is a trick, I don't know if you know or not, so you don't have to restart the game every time you make a change.

In the chatbox just type /reload, then, once it's finished reloading, drop the weapon to the ground, and pick it up again, and the changes should have been made.
    I personally, have reloaded hundreds of times, positioning stuff, so, it's still trial and error, but saves you some time opening / closing the game.

xaliber likes this.
  19. Zanderfel

Zanderfel Big Damn Hero

Whaaat!? I had no idea that this was a thing lol.....this is a gamechanger you have just increased my speed a crap ton.....sigh and the one day i decide to leave my computer at home....damn
    guess ill have to wait patiently for work to be over

20. ImHereForTheMods

Haha, well, neither did I til about 2-3 weeks ago.
    Glad I could help though!

That is.. unfortunate... and yes, I do suppose so. =\