Admin question

Discussion in 'Starbound FAQs, Q&A, and General Help' started by bradster91, Jan 3, 2017.

1. bradster91

bradster91 Void-Bound Voyager

I seen that if I give myself admin rights, that I will in fact unlock all recipes in game. I was searching through all the different crafting stations and quite frankly there seems to be very small amounts of items per crafting table, so do I still have to discover recipes (which is perfectly ok with me) or did they remove ALOT of items because I remember playing this game alot during Early Access and there was a TON of items!!!

Any info would greatly be appreciated!!!

2. Hel

Hel ✨ Johto's Finest ✨ Forum Moderator

Moved to Starbound help.

Admin gives you all recipies for the crafting table you're using. Not like the old days where you could craft a lamp from a spinning wheel.

You would have to keep looking out for the thing you want in each of the crafting thingies. It will be there somewhere, or just use the /spawnitem command to give it to yourself

lazarus78 likes this.
  3. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

If you want a specific item, then just spawn it in.

4. bradster91

thanks for the replies, again were alot of items removed? Or just spread out between all the different crafting stations

5. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

A lot of things are not craftable, so using the crafting stations as a guide is moot.

A lot of things have been removed, changed, and added over time so it is hard to say really. What are you looking for specifically?

6. bradster91

Man this is really disappointing at how many items they removed there is so little armor and weapons to craft!!

7. tehcavy

tehcavy Ketchup Robot

...Well, yes, racial weapons got removed, but all armors are still there.
    Also, there is quite a few unobtainable or dummied out recipes which are not available in normal play. For instance, while it appears that there is WAY more craftable armor with admin than without it, you need to remember that admin opens up crafting recipes of all other races' armor, which increases percieved amount of craftable armors by 7 times, as you can normally craft only armor of your own race. Another example, there is a lot of blocks such as Ship Platform or Neon Block which do have a recipe and are perfectly fine by their own but cannot be obtained naturally since dungeons where they were spawning no longer exist.
    All in all, unless last time you have played was Koala, there is not much lost aside from racial weapons and some dungeons.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2017