Admin commands to enable tech?/Nightly help

Discussion in 'Starbound FAQs, Q&A, and General Help' started by Shydragon, Jun 17, 2015.

1. Shydragon

Shydragon Subatomic Cosmonaut

I've pretty much played through what's currently available; seen all the planets, dungeons, etc, so I decided to start exploring the nightly builds. I very quickly ran into the problem of moderate+ planets. Sure, in admin mode I don't take damage, but I still get slowed down a ton.

Is there a way to unlock the nanosuit techs without actually doing the missions?

There is also a second problem. My game is switched to nightly mode but it still says it's on spirited giraffe instead of pleased giraffe. Any idea why?

2. Kayuko

Kayuko Oxygen Tank

/aiaction {"action" : "showTech", "techName" : [ "<TechName>*" ]}

As for the second one, are you sure you're playing nightly?
    Mine was showing Pleased Giraffe 0 the last time I looked at it.
    You might be using unstable, check your steams beta settings for the unstable client and opt into nightly if you haven't already.

*Note that tech names vary, for example "Bounce" is "bounceTech", the oxygen suit is "breathprotectionTech" and so on.

mrcd7777777 and Optimizer like this.
  3. Shydragon

Thanks! I'll try that now!

Also, I apparently had to use the separate unstable download to play nightly even though it was working fine before. Oh well, it works fine now!

4. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

"Starbound - Unstable" was added to the steam listings so you could have a stable and an unstable/nightly build installed at the same time.

5. Shydragon

I'm having some trouble with the command. When typing it in, what do I replace with specifics and what do I leave the same?

6. Kayuko

Kayuko Oxygen Tank

You leave everything as it is except the "techname" part, for example, to unlock the oxygensuit the whole command is:

/aiaction {"action" : "showTech", "techName" : [ "breathprotectionTech" ]}

7. dienow

dienow Yeah, You!

not work

8. lazarus78

The protection techs no longer exist. They were replaced with back items.

9. minusculeMusicbox

minusculeMusicbox Orbital Explorer

/aiaction isnt a command anymore, does anyone know a way to still enable techs?

10. Captain Gray

Captain Gray Void-Bound Voyager

it is still a command on Starbound Stable

11. Hclg

Hclg Orbital Explorer

it is no longer a command

12. lazarus78

"/enabletech TechName" is now the command to use. The tech name is the ID of the tech, not it's display name.