1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Admin command: "/spawntreasure"

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by CrniOrao, Feb 2, 2015.

1. CrniOrao

CrniOrao Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I've seen it there, however I couldn't of use it nor managed to understand it.
    There is also no thread or anything on google explaining it out? So, do you guys maybe know the usage for it?

2. cooltv27

cooltv27 Heliosphere

ive never heard of the "/spawntreasure" command
    are you by any chance referring to the /spawnitem command?

3. CrniOrao

No, I'm pretty confident it's "/spawntreasure"
    Take a look for yourself. :p[DOUBLEPOST=1422839661][/DOUBLEPOST]And if I do "/help spawntreasure" I end up with this, which I don't understand either.

Attached Files:

4. cooltv27

cooltv27 Heliosphere

interesting, can you do something like
    /help spawntreasure
    I havent messed around with commands much so I wouldnt actually know if that works

5. CrniOrao

Yeah, I've done so, posted the image of result above already. :p[DOUBLEPOST=1422840066][/DOUBLEPOST]I've done: "/spawntreasure food 10" and it spawned 3 of random food. Trying if I can do anything else atm.

6. MysticMalevolence

MysticMalevolence Oxygen Tank

Try /spawntreasure default 4
    "default.treasurepool" is one of the treasure pool names, so it should do something.

7. CrniOrao

Unfortunately "default" doesn't do anything. However, food, tool, ore and weapon worked so far.

8. Tamorr

Tamorr Supernova

that is for treasure pools in the game obviously. You would not be able to do the default ones as those you would probably have to use the race.

Just guessing.

I am sure there are more treasure pools than those. It is figuring out the actual name for them. Like the default ones probably have specific names for them, or another entirely. I'm sure there is vanity ones as well. However those might be mixed in with other pools... so that might slip away...><

Anyway it is really only a matter of looking through the asset files, as that would be liable place to find exact names I would think.:)

9. MysticMalevolence

Treasurepools.png
    Seeing as default doesn't work, I kinda doubt the rest of these will.

10. CrniOrao

Did so, however I don't see anything there, mostly blank empty folders when I get in them, and the folders as themselves and their names don't work with that command. Some might, haven't tested every single one of the names... :D[DOUBLEPOST=1422841966][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Fossils, hunting, bone and brain did work. It seems like it's an older version of stuff, hence I've gotten "Artificial Brain".

Will see more tomorrow, am going to sleep now, 3AM...

11. MysticMalevolence

Huh... artificial brain was never a drop. It was crafted from superior brains...

Shadox2.0 and Tamorr like this.
  12. Tamorr

Tamorr Supernova

That's because the assets are compressed into the pak file that is in that folder.

Which needs to be unpacked.

@EvilDylan182
    That is because you are look at the files, not within them. You will have to open in notepad++ or something similar and look through them one by one to find the various pools' names. After all within the files they reference files for simplicity, and split into an hierarchy of pools.

I have looked through them when was modding in koala, although those I never truly touched. There are pools within pools, so you would get different results depending on which part of the heirarchy you choose to initiate. Well that is theory, since I have not messed with the admin mode, and only glanced over those files. Plus I haven't unpacked the recent ones yet, so I can update my own personal mod...

13. MysticMalevolence

Thanks, @Tamorr; I didn't see the s.

Okay, try:
    /spawntreasure costume 1
    /spawntreasure goodWeapon 5
    /spawntreasure instrument 1

The | Suit and Tamorr like this.
  14. checkman123

checkman123 Subatomic Cosmonaut

why use it :/ wat the fun then?

15. MysticMalevolence

@checkman123, it is for science! For if we know not how it works, how may others?

16. Tamorr

Tamorr Supernova

If you know how it works, then one that knows the script, can mod & test what they modded... Well at least for treasure pools.

17. CrniOrao

These three worked out magnificently! Is there anything more or is that pretty much it? Well, except the already known from my beforehand posts.

18. MysticMalevolence

There are others, but it would take too long to post them all here. You could try:
    /spawntreasure basicChestTreasure 1
    /spawntreasure basicTreasure 1
    /spawntreasure chestMoney 1
    /spawntreasure healingItem 1

...That's all I'll post for now.

19. CrniOrao

Yeah, these are like spawning an actual chest content using a level, same for money and healing.
    No need to post all of them lawl, I was just wondering of how and what I could use it with.

20. Tamorr

Tamorr Supernova

Well if you look back at my post where he quoted it is all in those files, once things are unpacked. In the files that the pic was of. Using a program like notepad++ helps in these instances to get a rough idea. There are a lot of pools and they are interconnected like a heirarchy to an extent. Probably even more so then my last glance in the Koala edition, since a lot more content has been added since then.

As for what they can be used for, well I can mainly see it used in testing for the most part. At least the usual way to utilize the command.