Notice Addressing Beta Questions

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Nov 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nss68

nss68 Void-Bound Voyager

she said the saves will be stored locally

Axe Garian likes this.
  2. Maruku

Maruku Void-Bound Voyager

Will beta to final release be a smooth transition or not?

Smooth transition, for instance: We're going along swimmingly with patches and you guys get to like 0.7.893 and then keep going and eventually we're at a pretty much complete beta called 0.9.9 and then the release is really arbitrary..

or

Not: You guys will get the beta to a "good point" (like 0.7.5) and then stop releasing patches and then just do some huge lump sum of patches that make the game more-or-less bug-free and call it the 1.0 release?

Thank you, Molly.

GrumpyMcfart and Axe Garian like this.
  3. Katboy99

Katboy99 Poptop Tamer

Beta beta beta beta beta beta beta. Beta beta?

(P.S I made this account just for this.)

4. Combine_Kegan

Combine_Kegan Phantasmal Quasar

Are we gonna have ninja ropes and any throwing weapons for the beta? I think Tiy mentioned throwing knives and boomerangs awhile back

5. Regal Kain

Regal Kain Space Kumquat

Sorry, I just wanted to clarify and make sure I was getting this right, at this time there is no option or choice for Server admins to save/store characters server-side? So if people were to hack/cheat characters they could join a server freely right now?
    - If the above is true, is there an ETA when server-side character support will be out?

GreenLink93, Axe Garian and AIex like this.
  6. MajorCyto

MajorCyto Phantasmal Quasar

I am agreeing and wondering the same thing, this can ruin a server quickly if they can just quickly modify their inventory.. etc.

7. Pancake

Pancake Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Soo, how do we create servers?

Axe Garian and RupertoRiley like this.
  8. Phocus

Phocus Orbital Explorer

When will the e-mail for the steam keys be sent out? Midnight? Mid-afternoon?

9. Oot

Oot Space Spelunker

Two main questions:

1. When on the 4th do you expect the Beta to come out? Right when the clock hits midnight, or some point mid day? I just want to avoid staying up late for no reason.

2. Where can we go for the latest patch notes? Will they be provided through Steam News, or will there be a launcher that explains the changes?

10. Trowzers

Trowzers Existential Complex

I've seen them placing the previous planet's dirt on a new planet in a playthrough... not sure if there is anything else in place but it definitely retains its colour between planets.

(I'm perfectly happy with that, but I still hope they let you configure your transporter to optionally recolour your materials to the planet you are beaming to, as that would probably make a lot of people happier)

11. Doom-Slayer

Doom-Slayer Star Wrangler

Having watched the game being Streamed, they are using option B right now as far as I can tell. So I can imagine that that was the decided on option.

Axe Garian and wavefunction.e like this.
  12. Imperial_Ranger

Imperial_Ranger Void-Bound Voyager

Thank you for the update, I only have two questions. 1) Will we need a high end computer to run starbound? 2) will you post when you get to the different parts of beta?

Infirer and RupertoRiley like this.
  13. Xander

Xander Spaceman Spiff

My Questions:

Are bows and farming going to remain the only viable ways to get meat/food or will more options open up in later tiers?

Npc crews, are they going to be a thing at some point as a confirmed feature to be implemented during beta.. or is this a maybe for after release?

If we choose the steam beta does it lock us out of getting the non-steam version at some point in the future? I want to participate in beta, but on the other hand will prefer the drm free version when it is ready.

14. Kingpendragon

Kingpendragon Big Damn Hero

If they use the same servers that are used for the newsletters, it will take hours to send they all. Is there any chance of sending the keys the day before the game so we can activate it and wait until 4th to download?

Scellow and Axe Garian like this.
  15. MrDrMuffinPants

MrDrMuffinPants Void-Bound Voyager

No Novakids yet? Daww but I wanted to go around exploding and shooting everything possible :(

RupertoRiley likes this.
  16. jjusalol

jjusalol Void-Bound Voyager

When I get my hands on the beta, i'm buying at least 20 5-hour energies for a supplement of not moving from my computer for months.

17. Excentra

Excentra Void-Bound Voyager

Hello! Just a few questions...
    #1: Is the world truly "infinite"?
    #2: Can you customize your ship or will that be in further updates?
    #3: Is there click to port forward in game or will we, the peoples, have to do that ourselves?
    #4: Will there be a wiki full of info about the game or will we have to create that and put things on it like the great community we are?

Thank you so much! Can't wait for December 4th!

With <3,
    ZToTheGX

18. Lance Hancock

Lance Hancock Existential Complex

Will there be Quest other than the tutorial quest in the beta?

Axe Garian and Svarr Chanston like this.
  19. Jelly639

Jelly639 Master Chief

If I changed my Chucklefish account email, will you send the beta key to the old or new email?

Axe Garian likes this.
  20. Thorne Sparkle

Thorne Sparkle Master Chief

Will we ever be able to store characters and worlds server-side or in the cloud? I know they're currently saved locally, but could that change later? I play on multiple computers so that would help a lot.

Axe Garian likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.