Modding Help Adding new object to game

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Hiran, Mar 19, 2017.

1. Hiran

Hiran Subatomic Cosmonaut

I'm trying to add new object to the game, however I don't see any "objects" collection. Also, how do you add for such object to the game?

• Voltaic123

Voltaic123 Pangalactic Porcupine

What do you mean by object? Like what specifically are you trying to add

• Hiran

Variation of crabpot that will catch fishes. It would be nice if I could make it so that you learn the recipe at lvl 10 fishing, but only if you have trapper skill.
        Large parts of Logic are already done, but i need to be able to test how it looks in the game, because its not like you bind "texture" to object.

• Voltaic123

Voltaic123 Pangalactic Porcupine

Well, the existing crabpots are located in the 'Objects.xnb' which is in the main content folder, I'm afraid that's the extent of my knowledge however, I don't have experience adding new items, just reskinning. :unsure:

• Hiran

I already altered sprites (that new crab pots will be blue) and I know how to alter existing mechanics of objects, however I dont know how to add new ones

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

With a lot of pain and difficulty and 99+1 exceptions >_<

• Hiran

So you're saying that it would be easier to recompile StardewValley.exe that do this as a mod? I looked through the game code and it looked poorly coded, but I didn't expect that it is so bad.
                Anyway, I'm currently sick, so I have a lot of free time. Could you give me some hints (as many as possible :) ) how to accomplish this task?

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

I am saying that the *easy* route is the way Farmhand went: Go and IL rewrite the whole game to make those kinds of mods work reliably and without hacks :p
                  Unfortunately, that is still in-dev and not yet ready for use.

• Hiran

But thats basically creating separate game. How is the development of that thing going? Is there a chance to contribute to this project? :p

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

sure, plenty of chance, any help is welcome honestly :)
                      https://github.com/ClxS/Stardew-Farmhand