Modding Help adding new crops

Discussion in 'Mods' started by tearful0eye, Apr 30, 2017.

1. tearful0eye

tearful0eye Void-Bound Voyager

hiii.

i have a question about adding new crops to the game. it's the first time i'm doing that, so it's possible this is a silly problem :fishbowl: but...

i've changed springobjects, objectinformation, the crop data & the crop tilesheet as well as added the crop to pierre's shop. everything up to that point worked okay. but whenever i buy the seeds & try to plant them, they just disappear. when i put a seed into the ground it disappears from my backpack, but it doesn't show in the ground :(

does someone know where i might have done something wrong?
    thanks in advance!

• MysticTempest

MysticTempest Spaceman Spiff

Are you using seeds in the wrong season? That's the only time I ever come across that bug.

• tearful0eye

i don't think so :wut:
        is there another place except data/crops where i have to add the planting season?

• MysticTempest

No, just there for the data.
          But, I was just thinking. One of the other possible, but unlikely issues is the Crop Tilesheet sprites.
          If the seed wasn't drawn in, it could look invisible.

• tearful0eye

hm, i first thought it was an issue with that as well - but i have a drawing there. and i can plant another crop in place of my "invisible crop". it's really weird.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2017
            • MysticTempest

Hrm, yea if you can plant another crop where you tried your seeds. That means the game instantly destroyed them, and they're not planting.
              Unless, you stumbled across a new bug I haven't come across yet.
              But, I'd double check the data. Especially, to see if the season matches up(spring/summer sometimes confuse me when I do my own testing). Also, if it's accessible for you, try the Greenhouse.

• tearful0eye

yeah, i'm thinking i must have made a mistake in my data/crops file somewhere. i'm checking that again right now.
                but thanks for the help :catsmile:

• atapa32

atapa32 Yeah, You!

I had the same problem, i forgot to replace the crops TileSheets in the Content Folder
                  Hope i Helped :)

• tearful0eye

i finally found the error *facepalm* it WAS something in the crops file.
                    but thanks anyway!