Adding functions to certain currently useless objects(Gates)

Discussion in 'Mechanics' started by AlexakΩ_0.o, Jun 17, 2017.

1. AlexakΩ_0.o

AlexakΩ_0.o Poptop Tamer

Since Starbound has teleporters on ship,we no longer need gates to get to outpost.Leaving the poor gates to shame...
    I recommmend instead of leaving gates in space,we should add a new purpose to it.
    1. Home-worlds.If you have ever played FTL,aka Faster Than Light.You would know what homeworlds are.After all,unlike Novakids and humans,other species should have a their own home planet like Earth.Why don't we let gates access these home worlds instead of an outpost?
    2.Saving fuel.If teleporting tech has already been invented,why don't there be similar tech for ships?Instead of using hyperjumps to other galaxies,we can just use the gates to travel to another without the consumption of our fuel.
    3.Mini bosses.Why?Why aren't there any space bosses in a space themed game?If this is implemented in the game,devs could also add a few more purposes for ship turrents(Fighting these monsters)Gates are literally a plate form of emptiness,we could just remake the texture and make it looked ruined and add bosses it.

The last suggestion may feel like complaining cause the tone but it's not.Im just over excited for space stations ,colonies ,mechs....all those cool things that I didn't expect this game to have.The game seems so well polished and I am currently addicted to it.I am kinda new to this game.