Adding Diamonds to Ore Distribution

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Nokturnal, Dec 7, 2013.

1. Nokturnal

Nokturnal Space Hobo

Is it possible? I tried just replacing copper with diamondore in ore distribution to test it, but it just caused the game to crash.

Was wondering how I might be able to add diamond to the distribution as a very small chance so I don't have to rely on just chests to get it.

(Also how would one go about creating an entirely new type of ore? Seeing as I couldn't get diamonds to work even though it already exists in-game)

2. G4M5T3R

G4M5T3R Cosmic Narwhal

try just diamond. idk if that will work but if you notice all the others in that file dont have the suffix "ore"

3. juliuslove

juliuslove Phantasmal Quasar

You want to use diamond instead of diamondore. Go to Starbound\assets\biomes\oredistributions.lvltables and you can simply add diamond to appear in wherever and however much you want. For testing, I added [ "diamond", 0.9] to the tier 1 surfaceores, went to a new lvl 2 planet, and had diamond appear 1 screen over from beam down.

G4M5T3R likes this.
  4. Tomohawkmissile2

Tomohawkmissile2 Void-Bound Voyager

Trying this out too. I'll let you know if i get any results. It would be nice to know where the generation scripts are o.e

5. G4M5T3R

G4M5T3R Cosmic Narwhal

So it did work, cool.
    Also, if you want to add new ore's I think all you would need is a .png and a .matmod and then add your new ore to the oredistributions.lvltables. The .png&.matmod go in \assets\tiles\mods, and oredistributions.lvltables is in \assets\biomes. The only problem I foresee is the "modId" in the .matmod. There's 32 mods(i think) I dont think just calling one "modId" : 33 would add a new ore. So right now all you can really do is replace ores with new ones using existing modId numbers. You would need to add your new ore to the mod array as well I believe. I'm still fairly new to all this though. :unsure:

Last edited: Dec 7, 2013