Modding Help Adding a custom ore?

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by CheesyNacho, Dec 13, 2013.

1. CheesyNacho

CheesyNacho Space Hobo

I'm looking to add tin to the game for a project I'm working on. How would I go about modifying the files so that tin appears? I don't want to remove any of the old ores, but I can if I have to. Apologies if this has been asked before, but the search function yielded nothing.

2. JediLord

JediLord Starship Captain

as far as i can tell you should beable to edit the ores look with a paint program i use paint shop pro 9 save as neworesname.pgn (or whatever it is) as for adding it you will have to put a recipe in the stonefurnice to smelt if you go about it that way or add it to crafting table im in the prossess of making a dark matter mod with armor an ores little more work then i was expecting

3. tifel100

tifel100 Void-Bound Voyager

assets/biomes/oredistrubtions 1 of them should have the answer.

4. Cayote

Cayote Aquatic Astronaut

I've got a mod that's doing just that, here take a look trough the files (especially biomes/oredistribution.configfunctions) It might give you an idea how it works.

5. CheesyNacho

CheesyNacho Space Hobo

Thanks, you're awesome. I'll take a look, should be helpful. I took a look at oredistribution.configfunctions last night, and this was about my reaction: http://imgur.com/RgwOuPH

6. lordfirefox

lordfirefox Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I've been working on one myself but my ore keeps turning in to a"Perfectly Generic Item". :fireball:

Nevermind, I has a dumb, I had the wrong name for the ore drop. :oops:

Last edited: Dec 18, 2013