Tool Adaptable Rifle Stand-Alone Resource

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by null-a2, Jan 24, 2017.

1. null-a2

null-a2 Guest

Hey there,

Not sure if anyone will find use for this, but I saw one other person here that needed a similar resource, so I thought I'd share my work.

Basically, if you wanted to copy the adaptable crossbow's ability for interchangeable ammo - look no further! I basically cobbled this mod together a long time ago using assets by Minomato and doing the "coding" part by myself. As I never planned to publish this mod, I hope that was okay to do.

Anyways, you can use this stand-alone mod as a template and tweak everything to your liking. It features one rifle with 5 different ammunition types, and the ability is a brand new entity within the game, so it won't futz around with the vanilla crossbow. I hope everyone can find this useful, and if you do decide to use my base code, a shout-out in your mod would be pretty awesome :)

EDIT: If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask! I'm online a good portion of the time.

EDIT 2: I forgot to mention that you'll need to alter the player.config file and recipe for the weapon, as it uses a crafting bench from my personal mod. Otherwise, you won't be able to craft it.

EDIT 3: Annndddd, you might want to alter some of the weapon stats if you like a more balanced weapon. It's blatantly overpowered, which is one of the reasons I stopped using it lol.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2017
    Inf_Wolf14, xaliber, zilgaant and 2 others like this.
  2. zilgaant

zilgaant Subatomic Cosmonaut

This.Will.Be.Awesome

null-a2 likes this.
  3. Mr.Grey

Mr.Grey Void-Bound Voyager

ehh... how to install please help :D