1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed Access violation on switch to fullscreen / screensaver on fullscreen

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by thatpixguy, May 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thatpixguy

thatpixguy Void-Bound Voyager

Hi there,

I get the following fatal error when either I try to switch to fullscreen, or if the game loses focus while in fullscreen (for example, by the screensaver activating).

starbound-fatal.png

It's not a very informative error message. Are there more detailed logs elsewhere?

I'm running starbound unstable (Beta v. Glad Giraffe - Update 3), but I've had this problem since I started playing this time last year.

Thanks,
    pix

2. thatpixguy

thatpixguy Void-Bound Voyager

Additionally I just tried playing in a maximised window instead of fullscreen, and I get a similar error if I un-maximise once the game has started. The "detected at " address is different (0fc95b1c instead of 12945b1c) but the stack-trace numbers are the same.

The game seems to handle un-maximising at the main menu (singleplayer / multiplayer / options, etc) and at the character selection screen, but once i've selected a character and the game starts, hitting the maximise button makes it crash.

pix

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.