RELEASED Access Chest Anywhere [Smapi 0.40.0^]

Discussion in 'Mods' started by VIspReaderUS, Apr 4, 2016.

1. VIspReaderUS

VIspReaderUS Void-Bound Voyager

[​IMG]

Access your chests from anywhere. Transfer items without having to run around your farm.

Open menu with 'B' key
    To use the blacklist feature, rename chest to include 'ignore'
    [​IMG]

Instructions
    download here
    unzip file to mods folder

Requirements
    SMAPI(0.40.0+) to be able to use mods
    Chest Label System by OrSpeeder (recommended)

Changelog
    [v1.1.0] - tested on SMAPI 0.40.0
    - Reworked UI
    - Access chests from all locations
    - Added tabs for chest and locations
    - Added scrollable list for the two tabs
    - Added blacklist feature
    [v1.0.0 ]
    - Initial Release

TODO(open for suggestions)
    - configurable hotkey
    - configurable blacklist string
    - whitelist option
    - add barn and coop chests
    - sort chests alphabetically
    - item search feature

- double chest(separate mod)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 14, 2016
    • ActiveHate

ActiveHate Poptop Tamer

I've tested it with two saves and it won't work on my main save. I think it's due to the fact that I've married in my main save.

• VIspReaderUS

I had tested this on a number of saves. Found in a thread here somewhere. Most of them is married. Tested and worked. I'm gonna need your save to test it on mine, or tell me how and what you did from the start. But I'm not at work right now, can't do much till i get home. I doubt this will conflict to other mods unless you got a mod that uses "b" hot key.

• t4k0y4k1

t4k0y4k1 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

It really helped me. Thanks.

But I think I found a bug here, the mod not working with chest inside building (like house). It only count chests on the farm area. Can you fix it?

• VIspReaderUS

not a bug. I only made the mod to get the chest on the farm itself. Not inside the house. But Im gonna add that on the next version. That's why I needed to make the tabbed list first. So you can chose which location the chests exists. Farm, Farmhouse, Greenhouse, or when people add new locations. Just make a new tabbed list for that specific locations. Then the tabbed list will show a list of existing chests on that specific location

Ichimatsu likes this.
            • ActiveHate

ActiveHate Poptop Tamer

Oh so it doesn't let you access chests in the farmhouse yet? Well, that would explain my problem then. Thanks. I will wait for the update.

• DieForSurviving

DieForSurviving Void-Bound Voyager

Something I'd like to request: a separate menu to select which chests can be seen when selecting. My reasoning is I have Automation mods, so I have a ton of chests that would bloat the list. Or Alternatively, an option somewhere to only see labeled chests.

ress_1819 likes this.
                • VIspReaderUS

donandy at nexus said a CTD occurs when CJB automation is installed with this mod. You're saying you have Automation mod but not mentioning the CTD means your game doesn't CTD?

I'll make an option to only check certain labeled chest like. If the chest name contains a certain string like '(ignore)' or 'CJBAuto' I can make ACA ignore that chest. So if chest is named "somethingsomething(ignore)" or "CJBAuto", ACA will not touch it. Will be configurable ofcourse.

ALSO, Im sorry if the update is slow, i only have nights to work on this as I work on weekdays. I made this last weekend, took me the whole sunday and at least hour or 2 per work day, so the update might take as long as to this weekend. again, sorry if the update is not gonna be here soon till the weekend.

EDIT: copy/pastad that from nexus, xD.

ress_1819 likes this.
                  • DieForSurviving

DieForSurviving Void-Bound Voyager

Actually I only CTD'd once, after that i've been running it fine, but i also have another automation mod that lets me do a bit more, the other automation mod is tagged WIP btw. Could the two separate automation mods be fixing something somehow? I can link if necessary.

EDIT: No i checked log, CJB's automation mod was not loading cause i messed up the manifest. i fixed it and crashed fairly quickly. However the other WIP automation mod does not conflict with anything. so some good news there.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2016
                    • VIspReaderUS

all right. Will check this out later when I get home. I'm almost done redoing the UI so the new buttons and lists will fit the screen.

• Venoshock

Venoshock Scruffy Nerf-Herder

just wanted to post some support awesome idea and apply of a concept. thanks for this awesome mod :)

• VIspReaderUS

hehe. Thanks for the support. There's still so much to do though. But the end result should be better. Tabbed list, blacklist chest, favorites chest. Make UI look better, I'm open to suggestions. But as I said before, I don't have that much time on work days. I only do this as a hobby, so I got at least 1-3 hours a day to work on this. But I will try to finish this at least this weekend. I can't make it faster cause it needs to be perfect till next release.

• VIspReaderUS

UPDATED

Changelog
                            [v1.1.0]
                            - Reworked UI
                            - Access chests from all locations
                            - Added tabs for chest and locations
                            - Added scrollable list for the two tabs
                            - Added blacklist feature

Last edited: Apr 11, 2016
                              tremy, Superior_s and Ichimatsu like this.
                            • Ichimatsu

Ichimatsu Pangalactic Porcupine

I always complain about the storage systems these games have. As a hoarder, I wept when confronted with the lone, unlabeled chest solution the game had to offer. That's why I really really reaaally thank you :D Now I can have a chunky, yet very functional corner full of chests, lol.

It's something :party:

A question, though: Access to the Greenhouse/FarmHouse via the right tab (as you can see in the gif) is yet to be implemented in a future release, right?

• SweetMaryJane

SweetMaryJane Space Spelunker

whenever i press B the screens blacks out you can hear the music and the command box get an error message "an error occured in the overridden draw loop:system.invalidoperationexception: begin cannot be called again until end has been successfully called

here are the mod that i have
                                accesschestanywhere
                                smapichestlablesytem
                                cjb show item price
                                timespeed

• VIspReaderUS

that's the reason why i made this mod.i hate going back and forth to get items. And the perfectionist part in me wanted to have lots of chest and organized as well. But I will have so many chest. So, I went and looked at other mods so I can create this one.

Also, you can already access the chests from the farmhouse and the greenhouse. Its already been implemented.
                                  [EDIT: Added to changelog]

Ichimatsu likes this.
                                  • VIspReaderUS

tested it again, with all those mods in my mods folder except timespeed. it still works, which timespeed mod are you using?

• VIspReaderUS

someone tried to place chest outside farm? Like at the first level of mine with the dwarf? The cave inside at the farm? At the square in the town? Or any map mods that add new maps? See if my mod can pick them up?

• bugmenever

bugmenever Phantasmal Quasar

Well, i have one chest in the Forest, Cave and Mine. All of them work fine with the mod.

VIspReaderUS likes this.
                                        • SweetMaryJane

SweetMaryJane Space Spelunker

TimeSpeed v1.8.0.1.SMAPI

im new to the whole modding so i deleted the time speed and it still doesn't work i will add the mods one at a time to see if that works

edit: Ok so i did some testing its the mod itself that crashes. I uninstall every mod and just ran this one and it crashes. Just in case you need to know its the version i bought on GOG.