Abandoned Mining Facilities

Discussion in 'Planets and Environments' started by Guest0241525, Jun 30, 2017.

1. Guest0241525

Guest0241525 Guest

Personally, I've always thought it's a bit weird how different Erchius Mining Facility mission was to actual moon environment - it makes the game feel actually somewhat inconsistent on what erchius mining really is like.

For example, the mission has a facility, while the moons don't have any. In the mission we face an Erchius Horror, a completely different enemy than the Erchius Ghosts we see on every moon. Erchius crystals in the mission are shaped very differently than the liquid erchius and erchius ore that we collect in-game.

While I can see why you wouldn't change moon gameplay entirely, I'd say adding some abandoned mining facilities on the moons, not unlike the ones found on space anomalies, would help mitigate that.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2017
  2. BatPetersAKAEnderzilla747

BatPetersAKAEnderzilla747 Pangalactic Porcupine

It could be the mining facilities of other companies, since Letheia Corp says they have "6% fewer mysterious accidents than the next leading competitor." These mining facilities could be full of Erchius abominations. Hurray for that. Oh, and while you're at it, you also have to flee from the Erchius Ghost in the maze like ruins of the mining company.

"Moontant" "Moontants" "Moontant 3" "Moontant Resurrection" "Moontant Covenant"

soulsword3 likes this.
  3. Guest0241525

Guest0241525 Guest

Do "other companies" really matter enough to be introduced? We already have Letheia, and there isn't much need to overthink generic company slogans.

Well... Personally, I'd say that facilities being entirely desolate would fit the current atmosphere of the moons much better. Monster mobs, and maze-like ruins could cause complications with that.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2017
    soulsword3 likes this.
  4. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

Id love to see more micro dungeons relating to mining operations. Then again Id love more microdungeons inn general.

5. IxFa

IxFa Pangalactic Porcupine

Variety is the spice of life! They don't need some in-depth lore, just a few decor choices differentiating them.

I agree regarding the atmospheric emptiness of mining facilities. The moons ought to be devoid of life. Erchius Horror being the reason for the mutations makes sense enough, that Horror is likely seldom seen, and thoroughly covered up by mining companies when such things are found. They'd have a hard time suppressing their existence if they were a common feature of moons.

Just your average moon? Not much there, likely.

That said, some sort of higher tier moon with proper erchius crystals - the same as what you saw in the mission - would be nice. Those high tier moons could have something horrific on them, I'd be down with that.

6. soulsword3

soulsword3 Void-Bound Voyager

Well,they might not matter enough to be introduced but the universe is big enough for you to introduce it to yourself

7. oinkgamer

oinkgamer Cosmic Narwhal

yeah, id love to see more microdungeons like this. it'd also be neat to be able to craft erchius crystal blocks from erchius fuel