A wondering about a certain companion.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ThatMrT, Sep 9, 2015.

1. ThatMrT

ThatMrT Phantasmal Quasar

Hello,

first off, i haven't played the game yet, i have only been reading up online and visited the wiki.

my questing is regarding the awesome scorpion companion on the banner for the game, since it looks extremely cool, and is shown off as a friendly mob.

But from what i gather on the wiki, it isn't possible to get one of these as a companion/mercenary. Is this true, and will it be available in the future? Since it would be a great shame not to be able to roam the lands without it!

• charraznable

charraznable Space Hobo

Sadly the scorpion isn't a companion. I managed to get a screenshot of one right before it killed me.

WA1173.png

• ThatMrT

Do you perhaps know if it will be available as one? Being in the teaser banner and all, staged as friendly.

• charraznable

charraznable Space Hobo

Unless the devs act on a whim the updates are focused on bugfixes and balancing. As of now, there are no official plans for more content. That stance might change in the future if game sales pick up or they finish bugfixing and porting the game over to GMS.

• Leth

Leth Risk of Rain & Wanderlust

We had planned to make the Scorpion a possible companion but it was so broken we had to remove it (that it it was too large for dungeon hallways... would get stuck constantly. lol

ThatMrT and Dunto like this.
            • ThatMrT

Wow hahaha, would be awesome with a smaller version for companion, its such a badass model! :)

• Leth

Leth Risk of Rain & Wanderlust

Yeah it is... Jason modeled and animated the scorpion in 3D... and then rendered it and cleaned it up to make it a sprite <3

ThatMrT likes this.