1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED A.V.I.A.N. Avian Core

Artificial Visual Intelligent Assistance Network

1. Las La

Las La Orbital Explorer

At least it will allow me to see what mods are being used, and what order they are being loaded into the game.
    And it would help me try and replicate the issue, because i can't seem to at the moment sorry.

That will work, but the point is that the issue is happening, which isn't occurring when I'm testing. So i'd at least like to find out why. Currently, no portrait is specified in the questtemplate files, so it'll use the default set in radiomessage.config, which we've modified to:
    Code:
    [
    	{
    		"op": "replace",
    		"path": "/messageDefaults/senderName",
    		"value": "AVIAN"
    	},
    	{
    		"path": "/messageDefaults/chatterSound",
    		"value": "/sfx/interface/avianmod_aichatter2_loop.ogg"
    	},
    	{
    		"path": "/messageDefaults/portraitImage",
    		"value": "/ai/portraits/avianmodportrait.png:talk.<frame>"
    	}
    ]

Last edited: Oct 12, 2016
  2. Zigzagrocks

Zigzagrocks Void-Bound Voyager

You should add unique dialogue when you place down each of the A.V.I.A.N posters. I just feel like she would react to you using them

3. Shadow Wolf TJC

Shadow Wolf TJC Spaceman Spiff

You may also want to do something about the fact that, in the Boot Up quest, the default S.A.I.L. portrait is used as the quest giver instead of A.V.I.A.N.:
    20161013063443_1.jpg

4. Las La

Las La Orbital Explorer

We'll consider it, but it's a very low priority atm.

5. Jaxine

Jaxine Pangalactic Porcupine

I noticed this too. I don't think it would take much to find and replace the appropriate code to fix this, it likely is just something like "Image : sail.png" that could easily be changed to "avian.png."

And Las La, are you one of the people regularly helping Cgeta on this mod? I thought she did it all herself.

6. Las La

Las La Orbital Explorer

It happens specifically when you install the mod and load a save that already had those quests completed. Either I'll have to find the code that handles the completed quests log, or just replace the quest image of the other %squestportrait.png files with copies of avianquestportrait.png.

And yes, I recently started working with Cgeta on the mod. Just the code / patching though.
    I am listed on the Steam workshop page of the mod.

7. Jaxine

Jaxine Pangalactic Porcupine

Awesome, keep up the good work. You can't find a better AI mod on the internet anywhere.
    I tried. I failed miserably.

Las La likes this.
  8. AnonDragoN

AnonDragoN Void-Bound Voyager

Hi! How about translation into other languages? I would have tried, but can't find a program to open the file format *.pak :с

9. Cgeta

Cgeta Pangalactic Porcupine

packing and unpacking is a bit of an odd process. The packer and unpacker come with starbound, but the only way to use them is via cmd. Or a .cmd file. I think a bat file can be made aswell

Roskii Heiral likes this.
  10. Swiftpaw

Swiftpaw Phantasmal Quasar

Thank you again for this mod! The vanilla SAIL just got turned so boring, AVIAN is the best replacement I've seen.

11. Las La

Las La Orbital Explorer

12. Roskii Heiral

Roskii Heiral Heliosphere

Bat files work very well and can be customized to work with mods very easily. I always recommend it to modders I'm working with.

13. Las La

Las La Orbital Explorer

Yup, it made integrating a modding workflow into Eclipse slightly easier.

14. comet1337

comet1337 Big Damn Hero

i just spent 25K and i don't get any kind of quip?
    i feel like i've been scammed
    and not to mention that pair of 50K items in the store
    that's 2/3rds of my next ship upgrade

15. DukeScrewface

DukeScrewface Phantasmal Quasar

What happens if a custom race isn't supported? Can I just delete the ai folder for the custom race and it will work? Can you support bunnykin and lamia? They're both supported by frackin races and have been updated fairly recently.

16. Las La

Las La Orbital Explorer

I re-did a bit of stuff in October that (hopefully) allows support for almost any custom race.
    "What happens if a custom race isn't supported?" is kinda hard to answer, but what might likely happen, is that the Ai portrait for the custom race shows up instead of A.v.i.a.n.
    Deleting the ai folder will unlikely fix it, but it really depends on what the problem is.

Is this mod not working with the Bunnykin and lamia races for you?

DukeScrewface likes this.
  17. DukeScrewface

DukeScrewface Phantasmal Quasar

I haven't tried new races yet, aside from avali and felin, still trying to narrow down which ones are working, compatible, and if I need to do any manual work when I add them. Many custom races add ais and I'm not sure what to do about it. AVIAN is adorable and would rather keep it. Wouldn't mind if the new races had new ais, or if they had aVian, as long as it didn't throw errors.

18. Las La

Las La Orbital Explorer

Well if there's any custom races that you think A.v.i.a.n isn't working correctly with, let us know. :)

DukeScrewface likes this.
  19. Dragon_Tom005

Dragon_Tom005 Existential Complex

I noticed there was an easteregg in the mod... did anyone else find it? :iswydt:

20. Las La

Las La Orbital Explorer

nope :nurukappa:

Dragon_Tom005 likes this.