1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Resolved A tenant has a pet that keeps dying

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by sirquestgiver, Dec 24, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sirquestgiver

sirquestgiver Space Hobo

So, a while back I did a quest for one of my tenants to get her a pet using the capture pods. I have had the tenant and pet for a some time now however yesterday the pet started randomly dying. It would walk a few steps, then play the dying animation and drop a few pixels. Then the deed on the wall would show a red plus and it would respawn to do the same thing. It's a blue pig shark creature (sorry I don't know the name) and I got my tenant around the beginning of the game. A similar thing is happening with other creatures in the world where they just die randomly when I approach.
    If I had to guess I would say since this is happening on my first world there might be a problem with the scaling system that causes said creatures to spawn with zero or less HP but I have no evidence.
    Until this is resolved I'll try and refrain from farming the poor creature ;)
    Oh, and I do have mods but none that should mess with creatures, I'll try removing those
    (I'm on windows)

2. sirquestgiver

sirquestgiver Space Hobo

Oh.... That fixed it :p Now I just need to find out how to delete this thread...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.