A singular comicthing that might multiply

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Shook, Dec 12, 2013.

1. Shook

Shook Space Spelunker

VIA MITOSIS

But anyhoo, Starbound gets the honour of being the second game ever i've made fan comics for, and the first one is Dorf Fortress. Be warned though, i'm not always exactly aiming for artistic quality, and i usually draw my comics in Paint, of all things. Whether i have a sense of humour or not is up for debate (it is a super heated discussion), but i'm doodling these out of fun and looooooooove.

This is at the moment a singular comic, but i hope to be making at least a few more in the future, just to make lighthearted fun of Starbound's little foibles. c:

[​IMG]

I may also use this to dump other Starbound-related things i make, if y'all don't mind.

2. CatBerry

CatBerry Subatomic Cosmonaut

haha ^^ i always thought it appears like they eat them ^^ but that version is amazing too ^^

3. BlockMechanics

BlockMechanics Astral Cartographer

Better still; robots using first aid.

How & why?

4. chippychirp

chippychirp Starship Captain

it's secretly duct tape. :whoop:woopwoopwoopwoop

RomadE likes this.
  5. Shook

Shook Space Spelunker

For the same reason that they need to eat: LUBRICANT. In the fine system of a glitch, everything is converted to the correct kind of lube. Healing lube and maintenance lube are the main kinds. Water washes away the lube, hence why they can drown. Cold freezes the lube, hence why they can freeze. Healing lube is basically nanobots of repairing glory, while maintenance lube prevents their powerful core from exploding. It all makes sense, right? :v

Also, y'all know how bubbles are deadly in this game, right?

[​IMG]

joedanger and WoxandWarf like this.
  6. BlockMechanics

But of course! Bubbles are the greatest evil in the universe. Ever had a bubble pop and the soap gotten into your eyes? That's just pure evil!

7. Shook

Shook Space Spelunker

I have not explicitly had a soap bubble assassinate my eyeball, but i have been sniped in the eye by a droplet of soapy water. It was far more painful than the actual half-naked slide down the soapy tarp. :c
    It was like the ONLY airborne droplet, and i could see it homing right in on my poor eyeball. Then? Then there was pain. Only pain.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2013
  8. Zsword

Zsword Pangalactic Porcupine

I wanna see Mc Glitches first adventure into Fine Sand. :D and how it can make getting ores SUPER easy, and super hilarious.

9. Shook

Shook Space Spelunker

Splendid idea!

[​IMG]

Them sandy caves. :U

10. Zsword

Yay! :D \o/

(which may or may not be what he's thinking, after getting landslided with freely dug ore like that. XP

11. BlockMechanics

Guys, I made a thing with permission! (Honest!)
    [​IMG]

Brassqund, WoxandWarf and Shook like this.
  12. Zsword

Ya know, I think I might like to try dabbling in Coloring for this one if y'all don't mind. >.> (I'd draw my own but I can't stand making line art. ;/)

13. Zsword

I totally added to the thing that was made permission with a thing!

[​IMG]

WoxandWarf and Shook like this.
  14. BlockMechanics

WRONG! After inspecting some snippets of lore, The Glitch eat to convert it into energy, like we do (Inspecting the Primitive Glitch Stove). BUT, you're not off, the Glitch are filled with oil (One of the "The Steel Casebook" pages.), but since they already run on food, the oil is probably the only thing that backs up your lube theory.

15. Whaleduck

Whaleduck Big Damn Hero

Absolutly bliss! I LOVE IT!!!

16. Shook

Shook Space Spelunker

Thanks, glad to hear that! :D

I blindly stick to my lube theory by virtue of "lube" being a funnier word than "oil" and "energy" combined. In my head, a word being funnier is a perfectly legitimate reason for it to be more correct. :U

17. Shook

Shook Space Spelunker

oh yeah also wanted to make this one for a while now

[​IMG]

those crazy things

18. BlockMechanics

Blood vomitters are the worst. Just the worst.

EDIT: Funnily enough, this isn't the more egregious crime of the blood vomitters; one tiny drop of blood is enough to hurt you.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2013
  19. GuardianTempest

GuardianTempest Void-Bound Voyager

Yay! Shook! I didn't expect you to arrive here of all places! You should make a crossover with your otherworks or somethin'.

20. Yoshiblue

Yoshiblue Aquatic Astronaut

I always questioned where such a tiny thing draws so much liquid from? Maybe its like foam where its compact one moment and expands the moment it his oxygen or something?