A request quest doomed to fail.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by shade0180, Dec 21, 2016.

1. shade0180

shade0180 Space Hobo

Hi, anyway this is my first post. technically I joined the forum because I kind of encountered this bug.

It is my 1st year in the 6th year of summer and I got a quest from Willy

- Catch 4 Sardines..

Not deliver but literally catch 4 sardines.

So I was playing the game tried catching for a whole day the next day I tried again about 12 noon in game I tried looking at the wiki maybe I'm fishing at the wrong spot or wrong time or even wrong weather,

and the result I am fishing on the totally wrong season, and my thought is why is a spring/fall/winter quest showing up in a summer day? is this a bug? if it isn't are we just doom to fail this quest every time we encounter it in summer?

• WilliamZ

WilliamZ Phantasmal Quasar

The quests that you get from your mailbox don't expire, so don't worry :3
      I noticed that the quests that you see in the town are based in what you do in your farm, on my crystal farm for example, I never see requests of bring crops for the citizens or fish, It's always a gem or some monster to kill inside of the mines.

• Eikos

Eikos Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Is this a quest from the noticeboard in town or from your mailbox? Does the quest have a deadline?

• TinySpaceFox

TinySpaceFox Subatomic Cosmonaut

As WilliamZ has said, quests you get in your mailbox don't have a deadline. Also, I believe you can delete the quest via your journal anytime - just click on the quest, then click on the little red circle on the bottom left that has a slash through it.

• shade0180

shade0180 Space Hobo

A quest from the Notice Board.

I'm kind of the guy who like to complete every quest I can get so.... It's just annoying that I need to fail a quest because it cannot be completed due to game limitation or bug.

• LuthienNightwolf

LuthienNightwolf Oxygen Tank

Yeah they do sometimes ask for things that are out of season. I'm pretty sure the bulletin board quests are completely randomized. I keep a lot of things saved in chests just in case but if it's wanting me to catch a fish that isn't available I just don't accept it.

Cemo likes this.
              • WilliamZ

WilliamZ Phantasmal Quasar

Willy send the most annoying requests, like catch a Squid or a fish that you need to try all the day for get it, there's no penalty for the time to expire so don't worry.

• Baruch_S

Baruch_S Big Damn Hero

You really don't want to get too hung up on those notice board quests; sometimes they're nearly impossible to complete if, for example, someone asks for a fish that only appears in rainy weather and it stays sunny for the duration of the quest (I've failed many a quest that way). Also, to my knowledge the notice board quests are infinite and randomly generated with a few restrictions based on PC progress. You're never going to 100% finish the notice board quests, and there's no penalty for not doing them.

WilliamZ and Roskii Heiral like this.