A question about genders.

Discussion in 'Starbound FAQs, Q&A, and General Help' started by Blackleaf, Nov 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blackleaf

Blackleaf Oxygen Tank

Explain this to me.
    Why is it that every race seems to have a female version?
    Robots for example.
    And why does like every single female race seem to have breasts?
    (I just dont see a reason to have different genders for robots for example if your just adding it for the sake of adding it.)

2. Perhaps genders will influence gameplay... somehow. It seems more aesthetic, like that "personality" option. Or personal preference.

3. Firehammer

Firehammer Scruffy Nerf-Herder

What r you talking about robots have no sex and florans are unisex

4. Salrith

Salrith Subatomic Cosmonaut

Floran's aren't unisex, Fire -- the developers said they were going to do genders, but decided to swap to Red and Green, Sal'rith think it was. So, there's sooort of females.

However, in the Suggestions area, a fair few suggested races don't have breasts. The Reptigorians and the Glunaughts for example -- neither have breasts on the females.

Farathil likes this.
  5. SchuldKruz

SchuldKruz Big Damn Hero

Well originally, plants have always been unisex in nature so the two flowers are probably for aesthetics only. So that's what I think about the debate whether Florans are genderless or not. :iswydt:

Scienta likes this.
  6. Salrith

Salrith Subatomic Cosmonaut

Yes, indeed, Sal'rith noticed that a bit earlier. Perhaps Sal'rith is wrong -- was sure he remembered seeing somewhere that Florans were originally meant to be gendered, but they decided to change it to Red and Blue flowers...
    *Ponders*

7. SchuldKruz

SchuldKruz Big Damn Hero

I think for now, they're for only aesthetics. :unsure:

8. Sgt. Sprocket

Sgt. Sprocket Parsec Taste Tester

Probably gender will have the same functions as in Terraria.
    Small changes to body shape, appearance, and a different voice pitch when damaged.

tassina likes this.
  9. SchuldKruz

SchuldKruz Big Damn Hero

OR....
    Gender might have an effect to different races. Either it might be aggressive,passive or neutral.:idea:

10. Maybe to individual items, but I don't really expect it to apply to mobs... it might unbalance the game or screw the progression (free kills, anyone?).

WoxandWarf likes this.
  11. Epicface

Epicface Heliosphere

Huehuehuehue...

ON TOPIC: I like to think that robots dont have genders, just some are build that look masculine, and some look feminine, even though they technically arent ;)

tassina and nababoo like this.
  12. Just like Florans.

Fetalstar said some stuff about how Florans don't really have genders, but just look that way. I'll be looking for that post again...

tassina likes this.
  13. Epicface

Epicface Heliosphere

I dunno about that... it still kinda creeps me out >_>
    The Floran thing that is, robots im fine with, but I will never look at a Floran the same way again.

14. Firehammer

Firehammer Scruffy Nerf-Herder

"Though a unisex race, Floran culture values survival through reproduction and expansion over environmentalism or any percieved bond to Mother Nature." Straight of the front page of the front page

tassina and Auraknight like this.
  15. OmnipotentEntity

OmnipotentEntity Code Monkey Forum Administrator

There will be so much sex you have no idea. All of the sex. All of the time.

And because we're pushing the Gay Agenda (TM) you will only be allowed to sex up members of the same gender.

16. Epicface

Epicface Heliosphere

Ugh, I knew starbound was too good to be true.
    *RAGEQUIT LIFE*

LastDay and Evinagro like this.
  17. Mr. Mystery

Mr. Mystery Scruffy Nerf-Herder

BAN THIS FILTHY RULE BREAKER!

tassina, LastDay, krayfuse and 6 others like this.
  18. Silverforte

Silverforte Spaceman Spiff

Why do they have two legs, two arms, a head and a torso? Why have eyes? Everything we create is based off our perception of normalcy. That's generally why most of them are the way they are, because we're basing it off our reality. 'Imagionists' do the best they can to create things that could be believed to be otherworldly, but they are still tethered to Earth.

19. Epicface

Epicface Heliosphere

Uhh, he coded this stuff. Without him Starbound would just be a picture :rofl:

WoxandWarf likes this.
  20. Bughunter

Bughunter Spaceman Spiff

Or an idea....

Epicface likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.