Modding Discussion A place to discuss map editing and other related stuff

Discussion in 'Mods' started by QuantumConcious, Apr 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

The bench isnt non-transparent, the "Back" later is where the terrain goes, the bench has to be on the Buildings layer.

• FinalMantasyX

FinalMantasyX Big Damn Hero

I'm sure this has been asked, so I apologize, but how the hell do I increase the UI scalein Tide? The map tiles are so small I can't tell what is what at all.

I can't even figure out how to properly place tiles but this is a bigger priority at the moment. I'm editing maps on a 50 inch TV and I can't see them to pick them!

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Cannot be done, you will have to change your screen resolution.

• FinalMantasyX

Welp, guess I'm not screwing with this, then.

Having the tiles at 1:1 pixel scale is fine, but no option to make them so you can *actually see them* is ridiculously restrictive.

• rontaku

rontaku Master Chief

Is it possible to expand the hills in hill top farm? I want to expand it because I'm gonna put my animals in there

• Lawtonfogle

Lawtonfogle Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I've been working on extending the hill top farm by adding 20 tiles to the left. I got the layers done and moved the warp points, but I don't see how to change where the house/broken green house spawn. I basically need to add 20 to the X value of their spawn location but I can't find anything in tIDE that lets me edit that. Any clue where that is located?

Edit:
              I'm also guessing I'm going to need to edit the greenhouse and all the different farm warps to put you on the correct place on my new map, which will mean that they won't work for other maps.

Might just be easier to relocate the house and greenhouse now that I think about it...

Edit 2:
              I'm still going to break only maps because I'm going to have to change the bus stop, north path, and forest path warps. I still would like to keep the buildings where they are (in terms of the right hand side of the map) because moving them left will change the time to get anywhere else in the world.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2016
              • Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Unfortunately, the spawn locations for those things are hardcoded into the exe, even SMAPI modding wont let us mess with those bits.

Lawtonfogle likes this.
                • Lawtonfogle

Lawtonfogle Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Thanks.

Well that was about the worse possible outcome. Guess I'll have to rearrange the map some to make room for them in their hard coded locations. I hope CA changes this in a future patch.

For anyone else who is reading this, this means expanding the map to the south or east is far better than expanding it west or north.

• FinalMantasyX

Good luck. The guy hardcoded some ridiculously stupid things. Spawn points tied to the game's exe file is absolutely ridiculous programming, I really doubt he'll put in the effort to change it.

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

That is why FarmHand is being worked on, with it we modders can fix some of those things that cause problems SMAPI cant solve, and make stuff work better in general :p

fftljoe likes this.
                      • Valerie Rainbow

Valerie Rainbow Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hi! Sorry if this was already mentioned, but I cant read all de 26 pages right now :D

My question is: There is any chance to delete the bushes that are in the corner in the area of the sell box? Or a chance to move the sell box? because I want to build a shed there and for one bush I dont have the place :O

I opened the farm file with tIDE, I tried to move the box but it didnt work so I´m doing something wrong. And for the bushes I dont see them when I open the farm file in tIDE so I couldn´t try to remove them.

Thanks in advance for your help ;)

• Kattia

Kattia Subatomic Cosmonaut

The bushes are in the paths layer which is normally hidden :)

Valerie Rainbow likes this.
                          • Valerie Rainbow

Thank you! I could remove them :)
                            But that wasnt the only problem, I had to change the type of floor and delete some fences too, then I was able to build the shed :)

[​IMG]

• Rosalie

Rosalie Cosmic Narwhal

Last edited: Oct 9, 2016
                            • Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

That is going to break you know... you build the shed where the spouse area is...

• Minnue

Minnue Big Damn Hero

Finally working~!

Last edited: Oct 9, 2016
                                • Valerie Rainbow

Ohhh I never saw the spouse area. Before I had floors and chests on that space, I did the shed because the chests looked wierd outdoors.

This pic was before built it. After the update I hadnt the spouse place. I´m married with Harvey.

Attached Files:

• Minnue

Minnue Big Damn Hero

Is there a command for tiles that will prevent the allowance of trees?

• foghorn

foghorn Pangalactic Porcupine

NoSpawn Tree

There's a list of all the most common actions/properties waaaaay back there in the first post (in spoiler tags).

• Minnue

Minnue Big Damn Hero

Thanks! I was a bit overwhelmed trying to read everything so late at night @_@

Thread Status:
                                        Not open for further replies.