Modding Discussion A place to discuss map editing and other related stuff

Discussion in 'Mods' started by QuantumConcious, Apr 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jinxiewinxie

Jinxiewinxie Farmer Fashionista

on the Paths layer, just remove the red and black bushy type symbols that are there. You use your mouse to draw a big box over them and then just press delete on your keyboard ^_^

[​IMG]

velverette likes this.
    • velverette

velverette Subatomic Cosmonaut

OMG thank you so much!! I just started playing around with this whole map editing thing and I was feeling a little lost haha. Is there a guide anywhere that describes what those path tiles do?

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

They tell the game to spawn certain objects in those tile locations
        Some of them are only spawned during a season change, like grass and debris, but the remainder is always there.

velverette likes this.
        • cankersaur

cankersaur Pangalactic Porcupine

Hey guys, I'm having a weird issue and I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

The tilesheet in tIDE is not matching up to the .png I used. I slightly changed the color of an existing floor, so maybe it thinks it's a duplicate? But other things in there (the base-color wall frame and bricks, the spinning wheel...) -are- duplicates that I haven't edited yet.
          Either way, this is what I've got in the .png:
          [​IMG]

And this is what tIDE is giving me:
          [​IMG]

Any suggestions?

Edit: Also, is there a list of tile properties and path functions? c:

Edit:
          Oh, hi! I never got this ping.

Ohh, brilliant. I will fiddle with it some more. Thank you for pointing that out!

Last edited: Jul 9, 2016
          • thrawnma

thrawnma Lucky Number 13

Hey all, brand new here and trying my hand at some modding. I downloaded a mod which moved the pond in the Farm and added warps, but I don't like the warps despite loving the relocated pond. I've more or less removed the warp entrances, but the coordinates still exist in the file. I want to remove them but I have no idea what I'm reading:

I imagine some of these are standard "leaving the area" warps but some take me places I don't care about accessing too easily (it takes away from the game and with the CJB controls I don't need them).

Worst case is I can download another GOG copy to install to another directory, reopen in tIDE and copy the default coordinates over but I'm sort of interested in this editing stuff and would like to learn more.

• taintedwheat

taintedwheat Master Astronaut

I can't help but think this is TSE, right? Uhm...Well, you can look at another map that has the warps you do want to use and just copy it into place there. If you already have a hand of editing things; unpack another farm.xnb and look at how it warps normally.

It is easy to edit custom properties, just double click in the space and type within the value provided.

• Kattia

Kattia Subatomic Cosmonaut

The location names in the warp list have two numbers in front of it and two numbers behind it, which are coordinates. They are what tiles your character has to touch to activate the warp, the new map your character will be sent to, and what tiles on the new map you will arrive on, in that order.
                If you want to remove just the warp to the Bathhouse, you remove "19 5 BathHouse_Entry 5 9".
                If you want to remove all the non standard warps you remove "11 5 Mine 18 13 15 5 Desert 8 8 19 5 BathHouse_Entry 5 9 23 5 Beach 38 0".
                Make sure you only leave 1 space between each number and map in your final list of warps and coordinates.

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

11 5 Mine 18 13 15 5 Desert 8 8 19 5 BathHouse_Entry 5 9 23 5 Beach 38 0
                  Is the section of added warps that you can remove, all the others are the normal warps that lead to the forest up top, the bus stop, and the forest down below respectively, with the last one being for the farm cave.

taintedwheat likes this.
                  • Voltaic123

Voltaic123 Pangalactic Porcupine

Hello, this seems like the best place to ask, I'm trying to make edits to my farm map in TiDE, and its worked pretty well except i cant for the life of me figure out how to get the river I've added at the bottom of my map to animate (water movement and such). I see that if i right click a tile there's a tile animation window, but it wont let me add frames. Am i missing something here?

• Kattia

Kattia Subatomic Cosmonaut

Click your desired tile once to select, and then in a second action drag the tile over to the frame window :) You might want to take a look at how the pond and lake on the farm map are set up, in order to have it match the default game style :)

• Gwenhwyfar

Gwenhwyfar Subatomic Cosmonaut

Hey guys!

I'm wondering if anyone has tried this, and I didn't see any clear mention of this in the first post, but has anyone made a custom map from scratch and included it in the game? How did you connect it to another map so you can travel to it?

I want to make a custom room for Gunther in the museum. What I want to do is make a door that you go through and you'll be teleported to the next map, which will be Gunther's room. Making the custom map shouldn't be too difficult, but connecting the maps together.... I have no idea how to do that. Any ideas?

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

My `AdvancedLocationLoader` mod is made specifically to let you do things like that without needing to know C#, just setup your manifest, provide your files, and voila, a new map will be available and accessible :)

Jinxiewinxie and Kattia like this.
                          • Voltaic123

Thank you, worked perfectly!

Would anyone know how i would go about making a bridge? I put it on the building layer in TiDE but my player is unable to walk over it, is there some way of making a building layer tile walk-over-able? The bridges over the river in the mountain map are on the building layer as well so there's gotta be a way, right?

• Jinxiewinxie

Buildings layer is inherently not walkable, but you can make individual tiles passable by going to the tilesheet properties and adding something like this:

[​IMG]

Just make sure to use the right tile indexes for the tiles of your bridge and make the value T for true ^_^

Dozy likes this.
                              • Voltaic123

[​IMG]
                                Thank you for the help, I tried what you said, as shown above, still no dice, i cant walk over them. Did i do something wrong?

• Jinxiewinxie

Did you add the whole @TileIndex@INDEXNUMBER@Passable line? Did you add it to the Tilesheet property (not the layer property or the map property) ? Can you send me a screenshot of what you've got for the tilesheet properties in tIDE?

• Voltaic123

I included an image in my last post, is that not the correct location or?

• Jinxiewinxie

I completely missed your screenshot, its one of those days =P Hmm, it looks like its all correct then if those are the right tilesheet indexes of the tiles you're adding and its the right tilesheet that they are on. Not sure why it isn't agreeing with you =(

• taintedwheat

taintedwheat Master Astronaut

...what tiles are those exactly?

Also, for the walkable part of the bridge, those can actually be on and are supposed to be on the back level. That's a possibility why it isn't working right.

• Voltaic123

[​IMG]
                                          These. I would have just put them on the back level, but then there's no water underneath them :/ Sorry, I'm new to this, is there some way of layering things within the back layer or?

Thread Status:
                                          Not open for further replies.