A more "abandoned" feel to underground microdungeons

Discussion in 'Planets and Environments' started by Mackinz, Feb 24, 2015.

1. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

I've lost track of the number of times I've found fully in-tact, fully functional facilities, digging around on a seemingly abandoned planet. Just when I think I might be the first person to explore a planet, I hear the sounds of a USCM arcade or torture facility, with working electricity and fully functional equipment, even though there are exactly zero indications that anyone aside from my character has been there in a long, long time.

Seriously. If underground microdungeons are going to be so common, at least make them seem dilapidated. Maybe there was a cave-in in one, or an explosion in another. Maybe the character can stumble upon skeletal remains lying on the floor of an entirely dark facility, or maybe all of the equipment is broken and in need of repair.

I don't know exactly what should be done for each facility. All I know is that I am tired of stumbling across random, lit-up buildings underground.

2. kruleworld

kruleworld Poptop Tamer

i agree, although it may require a second set of sprites/artwork for all the damaged/poor condition dungeons?

3. Cinthia P. Rose

Cinthia P. Rose Orbital Explorer

Indeed I've found "office" looking rooms scatted about in caves, and its doesn't make much sense... perhaps there should be cave divers trapped in the rooms, or criminals hiding away from the law

just a thought...