A friend's game on Greenlight: Support him! ( If you wish )

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DukeLebowski, May 22, 2016.

1. DukeLebowski

DukeLebowski Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hello starbounders!

A good friend of mine just posted his game on greenlight. It's called Juno's darkest hour.
    It's a retro-like challenging 2D platformer. He made everything himself except for the music that was composed
    by another one of my friends. A demo is also available and it's linked on the page.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=688341706

Sorry if this post feels like publicity. But i honestly think you guys could like this game.

Thanks a lot, and tell me what you think of it. ( And don't forget to greenlight it ! )

Cheers!

2. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

Upvoted. I doubt I'd play it, but it looks far better than a lot of the crap that gets onto Greenlight nowadays. Which is a shame, since those sort of 'games' tend to make people demonize the platform as a whole, legitimate projects be damned.

DukeLebowski likes this.
  3. DukeLebowski

DukeLebowski Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Thanks Jonesy!

4. skydart

skydart Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Reminded me in an instant of my very first platformer ("Alex Kidd" from SEGA, built-in version of the Master System) - upvoted and followed. :catface: Nice music too, btw.

DukeLebowski likes this.
  5. Inf_Wolf14

Inf_Wolf14 Parsec Taste Tester

Upvoted. Reminds me a lot of World of Goo. Tell your friend that they did a great job, and I await more from them. :up:

DukeLebowski likes this.
  6. Combozone

Combozone Existential Complex

I do like it, but I have some issues with it:
    • Literally the first jump in the game is almost impossible to make without taking damage.
    • A lot of the times you felt like you got hit for just trying to make a simple jump.
    • For how many enemies you find in the first level, it's surprising that you don't have any means of self defense (even a shield would be nice, some way to block damage).
    I get that the game is supposed to be difficult, but maybe more life or a way to block damage would make the game a lot more tolerable and enjoyable.
    All in all, the game is currently "unfair" because it almost forces you to take damage at times and punishes you for the simplest mistakes.

7. Slippery Slime

Slippery Slime Big Damn Hero

Looks pretty good, but the 4 by 3 aspect ratio thing kind of annoys me. It looks like he is going for the retro, game-boy look, but I guess it's just not for me. Im sure others will find it to be a fitting style choice though, and for those people it does it very well.