Other A Drop of Jupiter {Fanfic} (Chapter 1 >> 1.1.17)

Discussion in 'Fan Works' started by CookiesByTheSea, Jan 1, 2017.

1. CookiesByTheSea

CookiesByTheSea Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Take this as a story of my first Valley save. It will include pretty much everything pertaining to my game. Some mods are in my game so things like a ginger Sebastian or an Elliott with a ponytail exist because aesthetic.​

Joja had taken over my life. Hundreds of us miserable souls were crammed into cubicles and forced to type away till your fingers felt ready to fall off. A menacing light hung over our heads that told us when we were allowed to break, and when we were allowed to work. This is the kinda life my parents came from, the life my grandfather never wanted for them.
    See my grandfather was a man of humble starts. He lived in a quiet town known as Stardew Valley in the Ferngill Republic. When we visited him I felt so free and light, the sight of his farm built upon several floating land masses in a large lake made my young heart ache for the life of a farmer. Crap pots lined the water, chickens roamed about the farm, the friendliest Border Collie you'll ever meet helped keep him company after grandma died. Magic seemingly filled the air, I always found myself wandering the woods just South of Salt Lake Farm and playing with these little apple shaped people. Little being of the forest who cared for it deeply. All the reminiscing I was doing caused my fingers to stop typing, a long strand of 'z's crossed the coding line as one final memory crossed my mind.
    "My inheritance" the words sounded far away to me, as if I hadn't really said them. I yanked open the drawer next to me, practically taking the wheels off the track. I threw out all the papers that over time had covered up my grandfather's letter to me. He had died several years ago, but I held an oath with him that I would not open my letter of inheritance until the time was right. Carefully I pulled the letter open, wanting to make every attempt to salvage the wax stamp sealing this letter shut.

"To my darling Jupiter,​
    You're reading this letter because life in Zuzu City has put an unbearable strain on your happiness. Though you may never have known it, your joyful prancing around Salt Lake Farm always brought a strong deal of warmth to these old bones. Always you seemed so eager to help me do something, anything around the farm with your old Pawpaw. They say you can't force a farmer to live the city life and you opening this letter has proved just that, it's impossible to take the country out a country girl. I hope you still have that same passion for the farm, because it belongs to you now Jupiter. Please, for my sake, bring a drop of Jupiter back to Stardew Valley.

Oh, and be sure to tell Evelyn 'hello' if she's still around. She missed you so much when you stopped coming to visit.
    Love,
    Grandpa Kline."​

See you get fired from Joja if you ever stop working when not permitted, and I never planned on turning back from this decision. I loved that farm with all my heart, more than anything in the world. So I stood up, and walked out the office. Horror was spread across the faces of many, nobody ever got hired again when they walked out a Joja job. Which is why I took such great satisfaction in walking out the tall building and never looking back.

ApertureGaming011 likes this.