Dev Blog 9th May - Bless This Spess

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, May 9, 2017.

1. Original Post

2. Godbot

Godbot Big Damn Hero

Oh, wow, this is great! Are you worried it's going to trivialize the importance of building on planets, though?

Dragon_Tom005 and Halon like this.
  3. JSG6155

JSG6155 Void-Bound Voyager

OMIGOSH OMIGOSH OMIGOSH YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

FIRST MECHS AND NOW SPACE STATIONS!? YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME

4. Bonabopn

Bonabopn Fluffiest Squirrel

lookin' super neat :D

Captain Rage likes this.
  5. Tasman Devil

Tasman Devil Void-Bound Voyager

Wow, fantastic update :)) next step to make space free :))

Sent from my Lenovo P70 using Tapatalk

6. JSG6155

Also I love how the station probe just casually plows through the sun in the first GIF :)

baconsama25 and NuclearSlayer52 like this.
  7. Sirlolington33

Sirlolington33 Tentacle Wrangler

The wait gets better and better. Also "wait a minute, that's no moon" jokes will be happening.

8. Pangaea

Pangaea Forum Moderator

Perhaps. Consider this, though: There's no indication that space stations have a tier so building a colony on a high-tier planet would still be rewarding. We'll have to wait and see.

9. M_Sipher

M_Sipher Oxygen Tank

Unlikely, as the "importance" of building on planets is your ability to basically do whatever you want with whatever materials you want in whatever shape you want. The stations are neat, but far more limited in aesthetics.

Still, this is definitely a sweet feature.

STCW262, Jonesy and DragonsForce like this.
  10. Lodish

Lodish Black Hole Surfer

No effing way.

This is too good to be true, right? ;w;

11. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

"Only cool cats allowed." :3

12. JSG6155

@mollygos Question: if you wanted to move to a different system, will you be able to pack up your station and relocate it with all the modules you've attached to it, or will you have to build a new station from scratch?

13. Tamorr

Tamorr Supernova

Well... that is quite a nice diamond in the roughness of space. Like the modular way of it, as it helps me create things or well a starting point within the universe for the hold of a vast empire. Anyway that sounds quite nice.

Wonder though if the backwalls are like the ship backwall, in that you can remove to put what ever ones you want in its' place. That would be the only thing I would want to know, or well would like to know since it would be pretty bland for a floran to setup a metal rig, and not be able to decorate the walls with their glory. Don't mind the outer steel, although is it going to be different in design for each race? or is it going to be all the same border? Or is it going to be a choice in style? Some interesting points I would think. Maybe in the future if not now, being able to choose a racial style for each segment would be nice; to bring in another flare of design.

Quite thrilled with the concept, and know I'll be quite entertained with that one. Glad it is finally coming. :nuruawe:

M_Sipher likes this.
  14. Hurokun

Hurokun Scruffy Nerf-Herder

i loved the ideia, but got a few questions in mind like:
    -maximum size?
    -do all blocks cover the same cubic size? (like, can you have a 4 way core with 4x size vanilla or by mods?)
    -can you scrap a piece you built? (maybe need to remove everything first to prevent glitches or if you dont remove its deleted too.)
    - like @JSG6155 said, its only 1 station or you have to make a new station every time? (i personally prefer the second one.)

if a Dev or a Mod could answer these i would be glad :)
    waiting anxiously for the next update

15. Lintton

Lintton Guest

Check out the panel in the thrid screenshot, it's in wood. That suggests removable walls. I wouldn't mind putting additional folks that have "gone protectorate", but I don't need on my ship, into a space station. it would be a nice way to gather recruits.

Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2017
    Pedro Falcão and Tamorr like this.
  16. M_Sipher

M_Sipher Oxygen Tank

The third image shows a room made of wood, so yeah, looks like you can resurface the background wall to your liking.

Looking forward to finally having that moonbase platform back and usable. I needs some of that.

Tamorr likes this.
  17. Peppery Biscuit

Peppery Biscuit Big Damn Hero

Q: With the release of an update, what is the probability that third-party mods with new races will not work?

18. Lintton

Lintton Guest

It really depends on the mod and what it tinkers with, doesn't it? probability is hard to pin down.

19. DukeOfRiven

DukeOfRiven Giant Laser Beams

Does building colonies on higher tier worlds have some kind of tangible effect? I always build on relatively empty worlds to avoid the hassle of creatures - am I missing out on sweet... loot or something?

(There still doesn't appear to be a good "no spawning" generator in the game, is there? Not only does Starbound need to make the generator constructible but it should really kill monster spawning within its given area. (Or at least birds. having flying creatures murder all your colonists on lovely ocean worlds is reallly annoying.)

DraikNova likes this.
  20. Lintton

Lintton Guest

yes, the pixel rent and rewards change depending on the tier the colonist is on. I regularly get 300 pixels and wartweed seeds on my inconceivable planet. whereas on lush planets I'd get around 100 pixels and different seeds.