9th July Update

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by OmnipotentEntity, Jul 10, 2013.

1. DeadlyLuvdisc

DeadlyLuvdisc Oxygen Tank

That's pretty incredible. I'm always amazed by Chucklefish, every step of the way.

Thanel likes this.
  2. OmnipotentEntity

OmnipotentEntity Code Monkey Forum Administrator

A1: No plans yet
    A2: That sort of free movement friction is already built into the physics engine itself, no need for me to do it in the grappling hook code.

3. Apple Teawalker

Apple Teawalker Scruffy Nerf-Herder

This. Thousand times this!

Attached Files:

Roy_Cliff likes this.
  4. Cruellyricisti

Cruellyricisti Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

5. mclovin

mclovin Big Damn Hero

A roadmap update would be nice but I don't expect it for awhile they have lots to work on this game is going to be amazing keep up the great work!!

6. Sheerhatred

Sheerhatred Star Wrangler

Am I the only one feeling dumb while reading this? (Just kidding, it's all explained really well)

You pre-ordered a game, it's different. Also, spamming that you want beta doesn't make devs work faster, it's just annoyng, so stop it.

Freddy, Axe Garian and WoxandWarf like this.
  7. Havoc

Havoc Subatomic Cosmonaut

Brilliant. Thanks for the quick reply.

Hope you have a restful 4 hours of sleep. :)

Axe Garian likes this.
  8. XDarkPhoenixX

XDarkPhoenixX Pangalactic Porcupine

I agree :).

But in my opinion, I would have it as a hard to get upgrade. I'm assuming people will want to get their hands on the ninja rope/grapple hook pretty early. Having that extra functionality from the get go would feel too Over Powered.

But if its added as a semi-difficult upgrade or a level requirement etc.. I think that would make it more rewarding to get and keep the game difficulty intact :)

Of course even if that kind of function doesn't get into the game, the ninja rope is still going to be awesome :)

Axe Garian, killbubble and Toryu-Mau like this.
  9. MagikPigon

MagikPigon Subatomic Cosmonaut

Mind = Blown

I can't even...

Vizendel and Axe Garian like this.
  10. Cabb

Cabb Phantasmal Quasar

I love it when you guys share this stuff with us! Even if we don't understand it all, it still makes us feel more involved! :DD

Axe Garian likes this.
  11. Mukin

Mukin Scruffy Nerf-Herder

good work

Axe Garian likes this.
  12. Patitis

Patitis Void-Bound Voyager

Strange that I did like this one more than any average update. Just curiosity I guess :D
    [​IMG]

Dano, Ishiga-san and Toryu-Mau like this.
  13. the_vinman

the_vinman Master Chief

More, more, more technical stuff...! I don't understand half of it, but I enjoy reading it.

Dano and Axe Garian like this.
  14. Toryu-Mau

Toryu-Mau 2.7182818284590...

Wow... . I just had this mental image of equipping Both Grapple hook and Jet pack
    to Simulate "Attack on Titan" !!! nudge,nudge to all ye pseudo-Otakus here. ;)
    I mean, Technically speaking it should be possible right? :geek:
    Grapple hook + Jet pack + two swords = Functional Three dimension Mobility Trooper ?
    And to top it off, Avians have Gliding Techs ! Which would make them an Excellent match !
    Then the only thing left would be to Mod-in some Titans and it'll be a Glorious day for RP !

CJx101, FlamingDragon96, Ner and 6 others like this.
  15. Danfus

Danfus Phantasmal Quasar

As someone that did some programming(way simpler tho) into block worlds i few your pain...i wish i was working with you still :D

16. loofou

loofou Aquatic Astronaut

I once tried to implement some kind of rope functionality for a similar game (as a mod), but failed completely... Good thing is that a few weeks later some other guy made exactly the mod I was planning to do, so we all had ropes in game nonetheless! :D

17. Hyrseht

Hyrseht Void-Bound Voyager

Best diagrams ever. :D

Frodew likes this.
  18. RicardRC

RicardRC Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Oh my god I can’t believe you call that drawing what is wrong with you Omni?

Jokes apart, thanx for the effort on posting this!!

Just a question, wouldn't be easier to implement a version of the A* algorithm when any block "cuts" the rope or stops making contact with it (is removed)? Instead of creating a new graph for what I see as a pathfinding problem. Assuming the game uses tiles... with I think it does.
    Feel free to atomize my argument in any way, as its a question made from a simpleton!

Toryu-Mau and Axe Garian like this.
  19. Akimoto Kazume

Akimoto Kazume Scruffy Nerf-Herder

cool update thanks OmnipotentEntity you are best ;)

Dano and Axe Garian like this.
  20. LordHavoc

LordHavoc Phantasmal Quasar

Unless you count the ones in-game