11th August - Way Too Spooky

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Aug 11, 2015.

1. mollygos submitted a new blog post:

11th August - Way Too Spooky

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

2. TheTrueArtisan

TheTrueArtisan Subatomic Cosmonaut

A spooky cabin in a spook forest. I'm hoping for some spooky ghosts around the spooky cabin too.

3. Marcos Brinigh

Marcos Brinigh Void-Bound Voyager

TIME TO STEAL SOME FORNITURES

King Leonidas and Heriol like this.
  4. TanzNukeTerror

TanzNukeTerror Ketchup Robot

It looks like they've accidentally sent out an empty (or possibly corrupt) assets file in the latest Nightly. I'm working on patching this in the form of a mod.

Edit: Since people keep liking this post, I'm going to run on the assumption that it's seen more often than my other ones.

[Here's the fix.] Uploading it would have taken too long and the mod portal wouldn't allow the size.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2015
  5. Can1s_Major

Can1s_Major Void-Bound Voyager

Welp, off to a good start. I updated, started up OpenGL version and the game immediatly crashed because it couldn't load the Chucklefish

6. Jareix Cryvix

Jareix Cryvix The Waste of Time

Someone's gonna do it, so I'm just gonna get it out of the way now...

7. That's in the nightly, and we're aware of the crash. Sorry! Should be fixed when the nightly is pushed again later tonight.

8. Beathrus

Beathrus Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Can we get place able gold bars? So like.. we can make like just stacks of Gold Bars, maybe entire pyramids? >.>

Vuldreg, megalord59 and Spritley Jack like this.
  9. TanzNukeTerror

How do you feel about installing mods? I can see if I can whip one up for you once I'm done patching Nightly. :D

10. MrMoney898

MrMoney898 Poptop Tamer

I'll submit a picture of the castle I've been working on, maybe it'll give you guys some creative spark for another update.

11. The Notorious BIG

The Notorious BIG Tentacle Wrangler

Keep up the good work! ;)

MrMoney898 likes this.
  12. DragonsForce

DragonsForce Weight of the Sky

That's just... 2spooky4me!
    That stuff looks great, I want it :)

c2h5oc2h5, jonathonspy and MrMoney898 like this.
  13. Rika

Rika Void-Bound Voyager

One step closer to being able to re-create castlevania

14. The Notorious BIG

The Notorious BIG Tentacle Wrangler

That would be freaking sweet.

15. Can1s_Major

Can1s_Major Void-Bound Voyager

Looks like I'll be needing this before I can play anymore nightly... Hope it won't take to long!

jonathonspy likes this.
  16. DustyScabbard

DustyScabbard Spaceman Spiff

Can't wait to see the human reaction to all the spooky things within the cabin. "A tombstone chair? I'm just dying to sit on it."

17. Unclever title

Unclever title Cosmic Narwhal

That Jack-o-Lantern is just adorable, and I'm loving the monster under the bed.

Astrih Konnash and Heriol like this.
  18. Bloody_Kain

Bloody_Kain Phantasmal Quasar

Splendid Idea.
    Maybee with a BIG SPOOKY GRAVEYARD as Background, an old ruin of a Village and behind this (Left or right of it) the Castle.
    Hmm, maybe as Dungeon with indestructable Walls and a fixed Spawning point. ^^
    I mean, that would be a good solution for some problems with normal Planets.

This special Furniture needs some more stuff.
    Wall pictures, with eyes that will follow the Player, and if he look at them, they go back to normal.
    Special Cyling Lights, that flickers like candles and give spooky light radiation, buildable Gravestones, Spooky trees with scary faces... maybe some sort of "corupted Planet Biome", were stands in the description:

Deep in the Core of the Planet was sealed a dark might,
    so long ago that no one remembers it.
    But over the Millenia, this dark power corrupted the whole Planet,
    it's flora and inhabitants.
    Caution: This Planet is extremly dangerous!

Or something else. xD

Good Weather would be short days, long Nights, bright Fullmoons and heavy storms with flash and thunder... oh and some really spoooooky winds, maybe with ghostly whispering voices in it.

Man, I can't wait to see such a Planet, should it come in the Game. ^^

Oh, and it would be cool, to have a Post Apokalyptic non Acid Ocean Planet ingame too. Something like a Desert Planet with High Tech Ruins on and in it, and some "Hotspots" with High Radiation, even if the rest of the Planet isn't radiaktive. (Some sort of reference to the Fallout Games or to Madmax or other Endtime Apokalypse Movies... Hey, there could even be a Reference to the Terminator Franchise. xD

Another cool thing would be a Planet, that has a Reference to the Alien Franchise. Old Bases, burried in Hive Rocks, with strange hostile Aliens, which have a certain similarity with the Xenomorphs from Aliens (incl. a Boss Queen or something similar. ^^ )

But for Start, this is a cool Biom and a cool furniture setting. :D

jonathonspy and lordbociek like this.
  19. Anovichok

Anovichok Void-Bound Voyager

Pixel art in Starbound is getting awesome: I love especially the effect the critters add to the game, making it more populated and detailed.

Keep up the good work! :D

20. TanzNukeTerror

The mod would have been a huge upload. The mod portal won't let me upload it, and it would have taken forever. So here are the steps I took.

If your system [mac / linux] isn't there, and you know how to do the same thing on those systems, let me know and I'll update the post.