7th August - Sort it out!

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Aug 7, 2015.

1. mollygos submitted a new blog post:

7th August - Sort it out!

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

2. Shaggyd0g

Shaggyd0g Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Excited for a sort function is an understatement!

3. TheRedBrain

TheRedBrain Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Awesome!
    Waited sooo long :D

4. Pilchenstein

Pilchenstein Ketchup Robot

Very nice, but does the window remember it's position and not keep recentering when you open chests yet? :p

5. linkstheman

linkstheman Master Chief

Thank you for implementing this! I've wanted this same functionality built-in with another game for years (looks over at redstone cube on desk).

6. Crystan

Crystan Maverick Hunter

[​IMG]

I'm also quite sure the snake doesn't like to be on video.

7. LunaCee

LunaCee Void-Bound Voyager

Yeeeeeesssssss. Being able to *not* have to go fishing in all my inventory tabs to figure out where its tossing that particular stack of wall blocks is going to be so helpful.

Leinad Werecat likes this.
  8. neuropsychguy

neuropsychguy Scruffy Nerf-Herder

The little things that are big deals. Anything to cut down on inventory management time is a great thing.

Heartstrings and Leinad Werecat like this.
  9. jasonzoo123

jasonzoo123 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Well I guess everyone can say that the inventory problem got "Sorted out" woooo.... get it......no?....ok.

10. Leinad Werecat

Leinad Werecat Subatomic Cosmonaut

Hell. Yes. I won't have to worry as much about all the decor i loot ; w;d so happy.[DOUBLEPOST=1438961228][/DOUBLEPOST]
    One thing at a time ;P

jasonzoo123 likes this.
  11. Hasu105

Hasu105 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Oh my good lord a 3rd Inventory box :party:

On that note I would like to point out something i remembered a long time ago, are we still going with the race specific qualities or did they abandon that, cause i remembered humans were to get an additional inventory space or something, while Apex gets faster movement and jump, etc.

Edit: i also suggest making the sorting action pertain to the box that is displayed and not the entire inventory. THAT WILL BE MOST HELPFUL. :idea:

Last edited: Aug 7, 2015
  12. Op-Tec

Op-Tec Subatomic Cosmonaut

Ship-Wide Storage Container Autosort?

Dragon-fan likes this.
  13. DoctorShaggy

DoctorShaggy Void-Bound Voyager

You guys are fantastic <3 As small as it is, this feature will make the game way more enjoyable for me (And that's saying something!)

Landwatch likes this.
  14. Ehksidian

Ehksidian Spaceman Spiff

This is amazing. Now all we need is a "stack to nearby chests" button and it will be close to perfect. only other thing would be a method to keep tons of different-colored blocks from clogging your inventory (Looking at you, dirt.)

15. DJ_Skullcrshr___

DJ_Skullcrshr___ Void-Bound Voyager

I like this :lickitung: but, will there be a way to make the dungeon bricks? I like to build and this would be nice.

Dragon-fan likes this.
  16. AmazonValkyrie

AmazonValkyrie Spaceman Spiff

Oooooomg! Yes, thank you! I've been itching for an inventory auto sort button in Starbound ever since I first experienced it in WoW lol. It just makes inventory management so much easier. You're making great strides, folks ^_^ Can't wait to see what you give us next!

17. Doctor Devil

Doctor Devil Big Damn Hero

Maybe the normal people need to have a clean inventory to get around, but the bright minds are able to control chaos!

JK, love the sorting ability <3

18. Caidoz

Caidoz Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Awesome news. I'm actually kind of curious as to why inventory sorting is only just now being implemented; was it a low priority, or was the coding really complicated?

19. Alzarath

Alzarath Void-Bound Voyager

Question is, does it automatically stack similar items? I didn't see any instances of it, but maybe I missed one.

20. RizzRustbolt

RizzRustbolt Existential Complex

Ah, the miracles of flatspace tech.

Need to carry around 1000 chairs and 1000 cubic meters of roiling lava?

Stick 'em in your flatspace storage.