6th August - Cabin in the Woods

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Aug 6, 2015.

1. mollygos submitted a new blog post:

6th August - Cabin in the Woods

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

2. TheTrueArtisan

TheTrueArtisan Subatomic Cosmonaut

I am going to love making one of these on a forest planet and just sitting quietly through the night.
    ...As my almost off-screen turrets blast monsters who would try to ruin the scenery by playing on my roof.

3. TanzNukeTerror

TanzNukeTerror Ketchup Robot

Bunk beds?! :D I wonder if multi-person furniture is a thing. :D

By placing background blocks and removing them, I believe you make the area excluded from the spawning mechanics.

Hatsya Souji likes this.
  4. HimochiIsAwesome

HimochiIsAwesome Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Can't wait for a slightly better inventory system! I hope there might be some way of grabbing just one of an item, since it gets kind of annoying if I want 5 iron from my hundred-large stack or something like that. :)

5. Varixai

Varixai Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

You can already do that, just right click the stack. Hold right click to keep picking up one at a time. (Edit: Okay that may be my terraria brain kicking in :lod:)

Other furniture sets added this week:
    • Astronaut
    • Farm (kitchen)
    • Sea (seashells)
    • Retro-Scifi

Last edited: Aug 6, 2015
  6. TanzNukeTerror

TanzNukeTerror Ketchup Robot

Just tried in Stable and Nightly. It cuts stacks in half, and holding right-click does nothing after you've got the half-stack on your cursor.

7. Biirdy Daysleeper

Biirdy Daysleeper Weight of the Sky

Great ! I hope there will be more "wrecked" furnitures too. ^^

8. Witness

Witness Giant Laser Beams

In all honesty, Molly, was there ever a time where you weren't excited when announcing some upcoming changes? :p
    Still, depending on what those changes will be, it may be something interesting - gonna wait and see.

9. DMPumuki

DMPumuki Void-Bound Voyager

That bed looks really cozy :D

10. Kashmir

Kashmir Giant Laser Beams

Haven't seen an old wood burning stove like that in over 30 years (used to have one as sole heat). I need one of those for my ship.

11. GenoMech

GenoMech Cosmic Narwhal

So with all these new types of furniture with wood and metals, are these ctaftable, do only buy them, or is it a combination of the two

12. SivCorp

SivCorp Parsec Taste Tester

Pot belly stove!!!!! Life is complete. You can release the game now... All is well in the world :)

Sorry, got a bit carried away.

jasonzoo123 likes this.
  13. Doctor Devil

Doctor Devil Big Damn Hero

I got a weird feeling I've seen this news title somewhere... nah, it's probably just my imagination :V

DragonsForce likes this.
  14. DragonsForce

DragonsForce Weight of the Sky

Something tells me that this is not the way you should install a wood burning stove (Especially not in a wooden house)... :p
    But that furniture looks cool, and I am exited for inventory improvements.

15. LunaCee

LunaCee Void-Bound Voyager

Well yeah, you'd be wanting some sort of stone or brick backing and pad for heat retention and radiation that also isn't as prone as super dry wood to catching flame at the most inopportune moment. Not to mention, where's the exhaust pipe leaving the building?

DragonsForce likes this.
  16. Varixai

Varixai Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

You can't craft them. They will all be sold at the outpost Frögg Furnishing store. The themed furniture sets rotate every 24 hours, so one day it might have the astronaut set and another day it might have this cabin set.

It was used 42 days ago: 25th June - Cabin in the Woods

shannyxvx and Sick Sad World like this.
  17. Kashmir

Kashmir Giant Laser Beams

Actually, the pipe goes through the house first to heat it. Honestly never paid much attention, just split logs to go inside. But if you can eat a carrot from an irradiated world and nothing happens, then this is good enough.

I'm wondering, if you put rainbow wood in it, does it shoot out rainbows?

Spritley Jack likes this.
  18. DJ_Skullcrshr___

DJ_Skullcrshr___ Void-Bound Voyager

I can't wait to use this in a village, I'm making one right now. probably bad... Euh. at lest it's fun to build.[DOUBLEPOST=1438881478][/DOUBLEPOST]Also when will be the next dev stream? It's really fun (in my opinion) to watch you guys play.

19. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

That blanket looks so warm and fluffy.

20. TobiasAmaranth

TobiasAmaranth Void-Bound Voyager

Inventory changes, huh?

I really hope that you guys implement a 'block catalog', or maybe even a furniture catalog as well. By this I mean do away with the archaic limited inventory system and let us get 9999 auto-stored of each block type and color. 999 of each furniture type. And have everything just be filed away on board the ship.

Because do you know what my least favorite part of Starbound has always been compared to games like Terraria? 50 different types of dirt and every single one of them being completely useless. Not only do I have to hassle with figuring out what item is what, I have to trash most of it! So really, inventory needs a major, MAJOR overhaul to even make the game feasible to play.

Curious what tomorrow will talk about. If it's nothing to do with managing the 50+ different types of dirt and stone, then it's not exciting to me. PLEASE!!!! Take a page from Guild Wars and HELP US to manage our ridiculously and pointlessly bloated inventory.