5th August - Island in the Sun

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Aug 5, 2015.

1. mollygos submitted a new blog post:

5th August - Island in the Sun

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

2. Kashmir

Kashmir Giant Laser Beams

I already have the hula girl, now I must have the hammock.
    I guess people don't realize you have a team. Some work on one thing while others work on other things. The little things just happen to get done first because they are a little easier to do. I understand and am willing to wait.

3. Peelz

Peelz Giant Laser Beams

Tiny hula dancer is tiny :D

4. Adivia

Adivia Scruffy Nerf-Herder

noice
    now i know what theme i'll build my base in ;)

jasonzoo123 and Harakhti like this.
  5. Nimja

Nimja Pangalactic Porcupine

Thank you Molly, as always for helping explain.

And the art looks awesome! Bamboohouse, here I come!

6. HimochiIsAwesome

HimochiIsAwesome Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Oh man those colours are nice :Q

shannyxvx likes this.
  7. Jareix Cryvix

Jareix Cryvix The Waste of Time

next core feature i hope to be worked on, reimplementing hunger and survival systems. but for now, i like what im seeing, and what im seeing is awesome!

SquarelyCircle, tomatelopes and Akre like this.
  8. jeet8

jeet8 Void-Bound Voyager

Molly you should do a backflip and yell parkour

9. SivCorp

SivCorp Parsec Taste Tester

Excellent art assets! A good build kit for future ocean surface habitats. Love it.

jasonzoo123 likes this.
  10. Jbeetle

Jbeetle Oxygen Tank

Did someone say "Inventory!?"

jasonzoo123 likes this.
  11. Doctor Devil

Doctor Devil Big Damn Hero

These tower structures would look great when encountered on ocean planets. Gotta admit - they do have an "islandish" look :)

jasonzoo123 and tomatelopes like this.
  12. DMPumuki

DMPumuki Void-Bound Voyager

I must agree with you mollygos, we won't understand half of what the programmers will say about what they were doing!

jasonzoo123, Jonesy and Skix like this.
  13. DragonsForce

DragonsForce Weight of the Sky

Damn, this set really does look cool... Me wants.

And of course, a lovley evening back to the CF team!

jasonzoo123 likes this.
  14. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Speak for yourself :)

Tamorr, Type1Ninja, Fli`c and 2 others like this.
  15. Katzeus

Katzeus Chucklefisherman Chucklefish

Wooo...island life :cool:

[​IMG]

16. greenman

greenman Spaceman Spiff

Noooooo we wanna hear about debugging

17. infernalbane

infernalbane Void-Bound Voyager

That would make a cool hunter's tower with poison, lava, or tar at the base of it and a little pool of healing water at the top :)

jasonzoo123 likes this.
  18. Adamiks

Adamiks Subatomic Cosmonaut

To be honest i don't care much about new furnaces. Why? Because you must collect all the things from the universe (or maybe from NPCs? I don't know i didn't played in Starbound much, because i get bored quickly, all game is reapeting over and over, when you saw one laboratory you saw all of them, when you killed one boss, you completed all the quests, when you get your first tier you get all the tiers etc....).... C'mon, who would travel to another planet to collect iron pipes or something like that? If most of these furnaces would be craftable this would be really cool, without this, building in Starbound is working like that - man see a cool wall -> man collect a cool wall -> man see a cool furnaces -> man collect cool furnaces -> man collect another cool wall -> man see-> man collect *after destroying like ten small buildings from one set* -> man build a new house. Wohoo!

Sorry to be rude if you guys get it like hating (it's criticism in my eyes, criticism is good if we're saying about creating games). I love Starbound but for me there is a lot of things to change and polish and these aren't new sets of furnaces, but the whole gameplay.

jasonzoo123 likes this.
  19. The T.C.

The T.C. Tentacle Wrangler

Finally, I can have a beach house. Though there's no real "coast" mini-biome and the Ocean Biomes don't have much diversity... Though I guess if I really want I could just build a volcano...

jasonzoo123 likes this.
  20. Svanire

Svanire Scruffy Nerf-Herder

@Adamiks I must admit, I really miss the survival element they had before, with the harsh winds at night forcing you to stay warm, and the constant fight against hunger. That's probably just me, though.

Personally, I would love it if they instead of having a 'building' tab and 'other' tab for inventory, they just have numbered tabs, and it keeps open the last one you had open when you closed the inventory window.