3rd August - Fairytale Cottage!

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Aug 3, 2015.

1. mollygos submitted a new blog post:

3rd August - Fairytale Cottage!

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

2. Treldent-02

Treldent-02 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Wow, didn't realise how soon it is until Wanderlust Adventures released!

And 'Fairytale' furniture? A fairy mini-biome, perhaps.

3. SleepySquidd

SleepySquidd Tragically Magic Hands

Can't wait to see this in-game!

Esylana likes this.
  4. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

@mollygos There are tons of questions for you regarding the Quest competition, all found in the related thread. Are you going to answer them?

5. Retr0

Retr0 Pangalactic Porcupine

I wonder where you could find these furniture in the game, hopefully a whole new biome. I am so hyped up for the next update! o(≧◇≦)o

6. Requiemsvoid

Requiemsvoid Void-Bound Voyager

August 14th contest?.... what contest? o_O

Raseri13 likes this.
  7. Hunter_J

Hunter_J Industrial Terraformer

Can wait to see those ingame... would prefere a propper way to make steel instead of Oil + Iron or even worse things (copper + iron)...

8. Doctor Devil

Doctor Devil Big Damn Hero

I like how you guys are like "we want more furniture sets that aren't biome specific", and the community is like "wow, nice set - in which biome can we find it?" :zzz:

I like the idea of various furniture sets that aren't tied up to anything - we got a lack of those in the current version. It would be really great if you guys could come up with something a bit more "current" tho. The Apex furniture is nice and all, but it's so "standard issue" :nod:

9. Yes! We need more furniture like this! Who doesn't love a canopy bed?

Esylana, shannyxvx and Dragon-fan like this.
  10. Ateerix

Ateerix Pangalactic Porcupine

I wish we could get more feature or news updates about things that don't make the game seem more and more like a 2D version of The Sims. =/

11. DragonsForce

DragonsForce Weight of the Sky

I see what you did there :D

I like the general idea of more furniture, but I don't think I would use this one (apart from the lamps maybe). That is not to say it should not be implemented, maybe even with a structure (mini fairy castle anyone?), to give us more stuff to find and collect.

12. shannyxvx

shannyxvx Space Spelunker

Love this set! The lanterns and bed are so pretty :D how about for a torch it is a little metal dragon with its head facing upward with a little flame? Or there could be floating candels :) ....just some ideas

And I love the idea that there are different furniture sets in game that are not biome or race related

Last edited: Aug 3, 2015
    Astrih Konnash likes this.
  13. General Nuclear

General Nuclear Supernova

sure got nothing againts it aslong as its no magic :up:

14. worenconverse

worenconverse Void-Bound Voyager

15. BradleyUffner

BradleyUffner Void-Bound Voyager

While art updates are nice and all, I'd really like to see more detail about some of the non-art related work that is going on.

General Nuclear likes this.
  16. Sick Sad World

Sick Sad World Subatomic Cosmonaut

Fairy cool, guys.

Fruiteyes, Esylana, The Squid and 2 others like this.
  17. TanzNukeTerror

TanzNukeTerror Ketchup Robot

I think they do art updates because code updates are "boring", and there's not a whole lot to /show/ in a code update. They're still working on the engine, and have new mechanics for a lot of stuff (projectiles, for example). They're going to convert dungeons from the old PNG format to a new, more friendly, less annoying format. There's a whole bunch going on in the background, but it's not all visual like art updates.

The Treasure Ship likes this.
  18. Phantaeon

Phantaeon Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Wait what contest?
    I demand to know because I'm good at pixel art 'n designign 'n stuff!

19. TanzNukeTerror

TanzNukeTerror Ketchup Robot

From July 30th's blog post:

20. swordmaster333

swordmaster333 Void-Bound Voyager

Can you make a poster for Starbound? Because I would buy it, even if it were only these concept sketches.

VxT0X1CxV likes this.