23rd July - In the Flesh

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Jul 23, 2015.

1. mollygos submitted a new blog post:

23rd July - In the Flesh

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

2. LizardPL

LizardPL Void-Bound Voyager

Wow! A whole planet made of flesh, not only a subbiome or minibiome :D
    I wonder if there will be blood (or plasma) instead of water :) and I wonder, what kind of weather can be observed on such type of planets

3. SleepySquidd

SleepySquidd Tragically Magic Hands

Can't wait to see the finished biome! :)

4. Drinian

Drinian Void-Bound Voyager

I'm pretty sure that wall had...teeth...this could lead to some interesting "living planet" sub biomes. Suddenly sarlacc mouth. =P

n1t3n likes this.
  5. BloodyFingers

BloodyFingers The End of Time

Well, you guys are certainly...
    [​IMG]
    Fleshing out that biome.

6. Unclever title

Unclever title Cosmic Narwhal

Hooray! My least favorite biome...... mergh.

But no seriously, good to know... that the other 3rd tier biomes are seeing progress.
    Honestly, the flesh biome is pretty much the only biome I tend to actively avoid, though I still do get a little creeped out by eyeball forests.
    Well, that and the tentacle biome, when it was still being generated.

That being said, I am glad both are included (or will eventually be) in the game. Exploring planets should involve the familiar, the foreign, and the bizarre, with both beauty and ugliness to be seen.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2015
    jasonzoo123 likes this.
  7. thakyZ

thakyZ Cosmic Narwhal

Ewwwwww.... But cool! :DD

8. Jareix Cryvix

Jareix Cryvix The Waste of Time

Anyone else think of terraria's crimsion? A brain boss would certainly match the theme of this biome. That, or a giant floating heart that shoots blood at you.

9. Doctor Devil

Doctor Devil Big Damn Hero

"According to our sources
    The street's the place to go
    Cause tonight for the first time (first time)
    Just about half past ten (half past ten)
    For the first time in history
    It's gonna start raining men"
    :iswydt:

10. djDarkX

djDarkX Master Chief

What I'd love to know is, when are these changes getting pushed to stable? @_@

I wanna play with them already! >.<

Doctor Devil likes this.
  11. Phantaeon

Phantaeon Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I guess we can now make our own Wall of Flesh.

I'll go now.

12. Crystan

Crystan Maverick Hunter

Even after almost 1 1/2 years, I still cant get over the flesh biome trees. :p

13. Greatblackshark

Greatblackshark Cosmic Narwhal

We must have blood rain now if it's not already added. Vampire's dream planet yeah! :nod:

Hatsya Souji, Dragon-fan and LOL BALL like this.
  14. Honey Wolf

Honey Wolf Star Wrangler

Are we going to be able to get that suit aswell?!!! That will be awesome!!! Im looking forward to those updates

15. DaedricShadow

DaedricShadow Pangalactic Porcupine

You can play everything that's shown in the dev blog by changing your beta branch for 'Starbound - Unstable' to the nightly branch in the Steam library. This won't affect your stable build, but you can still mess around with the new features that are being worked on if you just want to test them out and if you don't mind occasional bugs.

Back on-topic, I'm really loving these new weird biomes. I think what Starbound needs is to become even weirder and wackier with strange planets. Let's start with a giant tentacle monster, and we can work out the rest from there.

n1t3n likes this.
  16. Honey Wolf

Honey Wolf Star Wrangler

Ya, Are there going to be more missions? Cause once I reach the end to the game it kinda like just drops the ball, after gathering the best armor and weapons you're kinda just left there on your own walking on planets. I dont really build house and such on the planets but that might just be what Im missing but after that you dont really do anything unless you start a new character.

17. LizardPL

LizardPL Void-Bound Voyager

I think there is no one who has read this without music and rhythm in his/her mind :DD
    Hallelujah it's raining men :DD

18. Peelz

Peelz Giant Laser Beams

That suit is already available in stable. It's the hazmat set.

19. devilanc

devilanc Title Not Found

Yeah, me :rofl: At first, I didn't understood it was a song until I reached the end of the message. Whoopsie ^^

20. Caidoz

Caidoz Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Can't wait for more biomes in general. You guys should consider using the ones from Frackin' Universe since that more than doubles the amount of biomes in the game.

jasonzoo123 and Hatsya Souji like this.