16th July - King of Pride Rock

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Jul 16, 2015.

1. user2345562

user2345562 Guest

I need to build a statue of the monkey from lion king holding Simba in that biome.

2. Wreth

Wreth Phantasmal Quasar

NAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANTS INGONYAMAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

3. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

Looks Great. - especially the part where the trees in FG and BG are starting to match up, giving it a more realistic presentation.
    Can't wait to see other worlds get the same type of treatment.

Man that Lion King Song

4. Quiqksilver

Quiqksilver Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Everything the light touches, is your kingdom.

What's that dark shadow over there???

That's where those heathen Florans live. You must never go there.

5. Wreth

Wreth Phantasmal Quasar

No, you ssshould come for dinner...

6. claudekennilol

claudekennilol Space Kumquat

I like it ^_^

7. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Here comes a lion, Father! Oh yes, it's a lion!

King Leonidas likes this.
  8. Greatblackshark

Greatblackshark Cosmic Narwhal

Can't wait till this game 'plays' as well as it looks.

presidenthobbes, The Squid and glirp like this.
  9. Retr0

Retr0 Pangalactic Porcupine

The background bushes are kind of repetitive. Other wise 10/10! :D

CrystalCharlie and Proxzki like this.
  10. Tyler Tenebrae

Tyler Tenebrae Pangalactic Porcupine

Not sure why, but that bird reminds me

Dragon-fan likes this.
  11. Beatrice

Beatrice Spaceman Spiff

I've missed the Savannah biome, and I'm really happy that it's back. Arid is not the same.

And as everyone knows, I like Lions to build some houses for them in Savannah biomes, instead of deserts.

[​IMG]

Savannah, welcome back! Eager to build there! :)

12. SPORES

SPORES Scruffy Nerf-Herder

AWESOME!!! Really awesome guys!! Give it more !! :geek:

13. Jafetgx

Jafetgx Phantasmal Quasar

Wow, it looks amazing! Modders'll have to work hard to make their custom biomes as beautiful as this one :nod:

14. Godbot

Godbot Big Damn Hero

That looks nice. Savannah biomes could probably use some more love. They hardly have anything in them right now; they're just dirt. I hope you add more stuff for them.

And now we all wait around for Varixai to post with the latest news.

Tsuruda and Varixai like this.
  15. MithranArkanere

MithranArkanere Space Kumquat

Looks hot.

DaedricShadow likes this.
  16. Crystan

Crystan Maverick Hunter

The whole thing looks western to me. I'd expect to encounter a barn with some crazy NPC inside, working on some "weather expereminets". Well, at least he got ice cubes.

jasonzoo123, Dragon-fan and Godbot like this.
  17. Arlei

Arlei Void-Bound Voyager

Love it! Maybe a new dirt texture? <3

18. Varixai

Varixai Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

Just a quick note, that was actually a minor mistake by @mollygos. The Biome being shown is the Arid planet. That's what they are working on right now. The Arid files in the assets are named Savannah, which is confusing to say the least. (they state in several places that the official name is Arid though, like it shows in ship navigation)

The Biome section on the wiki is due for a major overhaul, mostly because of several renaming cases like this one.

Also, there are many new things in that picture:
    • The bed, chair, and table are all of the new "Dusty" set
    • New "Wicker Support" block that you can see under the floors
    • New log door being used
    • The foreground trees and bushes are both new
    Ha, thanks. I have been insanely busy IRL the past 2 weeks so they have slowed down. I've also been waiting a little bit until I have stuff to show for many of the updates. For example, there have been 29 new critters added in the past 2 weeks, but it takes time to make the animations for them and put them on the wiki. (or even just to grab single pictures of them)

Side note: Many of the new critters are creepy skulls, because they are inspired by those cattle skuls from westerns. Except instead of cows they are skulls of the playable races..

I can try to edit this post with a bit of news though. I'm at work currently, which also inhibits my ability to post these, darn timezones and day job.. (Edit: News now added)
    • As mentioned above, at least 29 new critters have been added in the past 2 weeks. Almost 60 total now.
    • Chucklefish has opened up Interstellaria forum sections in preparation for the game's official release tomorrow.
    • @Ordona announced that we can now embed .webm and .gifv videos in forum posts. (possibly only for imgur links though)
    • Several new Challenge Rooms, as well as continued work on the underground mazes
    • They have finished with the Snow planet and Bioluminescence mini-biome. They made several new Ocean microdungeons, but now seem to have moved on to the Arid planet, as shown in this blog. The Starter planet is now Arid on the Nightly.
    • @Quiqksilver has posted his latest Nightly roundup video, as well as several awesome new builds on reddit.
    • There was also a really cool Crashed Pirate Ship build by Atlasfishard, with more details on his ILoveBacons server forum thread.
    • There have been various other small fixes on the Nightly build as well, including:
      • Challenge Rooms have had their loot set. It's not super unique (yet) but it is a lot better than 2 torches or nothing.
      • You now learn how to craft Ice Blocks when you pick them up the first time. (which was previously learned by picking up Ice, but then removed from that and not placed anywhere else)
      • ^ Both of those, and others, have come up on reddit and the forums recently. The devs definitely see these reminders and fix them when they can.
    • Chucklefish is still looking for a C++ game programmer in Europe/United Kingdom.
    • Curtis Schweitzer (Starbound's composer) just released a new album. (Not for Starbound, to be clear)
    • @Armagon posted a detailed write up of what he does at Chucklefish and how he makes sound effects for Starbound. (includes the music that the new Saloon Piano uses!)
    • @metadept posted a screenshot on twitter of a terrain generation experiment, shown below:
    metadept: "Experimenting with some very different terrain"
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 17, 2015
  19. Godbot

Godbot Big Damn Hero

Haha, that's all right. I don't need to get daily updates on the beta for any particular reason. I just like that you're always around as a reliable source of news from two devblog posts in the future.

jasonzoo123 likes this.