10th July - Here comes the sun!

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Jul 10, 2015.

1. mollygos submitted a new blog post:

10th July - Here comes the sun!

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

2. RainDreamer

RainDreamer Existential Complex

I thought a novakid would fit better as a light merchant, but then, a glowing blob person works too.

The colour theme of the furniture and the NPC seems contrasting...I thought everything would be orange.

Will there be clues in game for us to know which NPC like what furniture, or will we have to consult the wiki all the time?

Also: First! For the First time!

3. Akogishi

Akogishi Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I personally like the contrasting colors.

Milhafre and Dragon-fan like this.
  4. TheBigBlueSerpent

TheBigBlueSerpent Existential Complex

Cool~ A birthday dev update..! Looking good!
    I wan't that desk lamp.. o vo

5. Varixai

Varixai Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

There are not currently any plans to show that information ingame. Here is what the developer working on colonies said about it a month ago after I asked him on IRC whether we will be able to see the object tags used by the colony system on the ingame tooltips:

@tccoxon: "We're not planning for object tags to be visible. Most tags should be guessable from the appearance, race and origin of the object. We're aiming for a system where you don't ever *need* to have an npc of a particular type, but if you fill a house with sciencey stuff, you'll probably get a scientist. So there won't be a situation where you absolutely need N objects with an obscure tag and have to look it up on the wiki in order to progress through the game."

(I had mentioned that we are working to display the tags on the wiki.) (Which we still plan to do, for people like me who love to see the data behind the magic.)

You can actually see what the current tenants require on the Tenant wiki page. But we have not yet added the new colony tags on every game object. I recently listed all of the items that had the "commerce" and "cooking" tags though, if you want an idea of what objects get tagged what.

The picture is slightly incomplete. They actually redid the entire Bioluminescence mini-biome. See all the purple and white plants on the wiki page? All of those now have the same yellow as the set instead of white. That's what the NPC is wearing by the way, a redone Biolumin Set.

They also added a "piano party" NPC animation, where one NPC will play the saloon piano and others will gather around and dance to it. Other than that, it was mostly more work on Alpaca houses and Snow microdungeons.

EDIT: Quiqksilver just released a trailer for his made in Starbound horror film "Mutagen". (Now on the forums here)

Quiksilver also posted a GIF of the cool new status pod animations. Edit 2: And now a whole video of those and other recent updates.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2015
  6. Sadiesaur

Sadiesaur Void-Bound Voyager

If only I knew how to colonize!

jasonzoo123 and Wulfharth like this.
  7. bjorn0411

bjorn0411 Phantasmal Quasar

Well by going to the "Frögg furnishing" area of the outpost you can buy a deed, after that you have to make an area that is "sealed" aka has full walls and a backdrop, then add a door and a light, after that you can place the deed and a person will spawn, adding certain things such as maybe a few glitch related storage items, and maybe a cash register. Then a Glitch merchant will spawn.

More info on the specific villagers that can be spawned is found on the tenant Wiki page.

8. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

If only I could be so grossly incandescent.

9. Retr0

Retr0 Pangalactic Porcupine

We need more of these kinds of things, MOAR! :nod:

10. infernalbane

infernalbane Void-Bound Voyager

Can we get a tenant like that who can survive in lava? Makes me want to build a lava lamp home...

Also, can we give our tenants clothes to wear?

jasonzoo123 likes this.
  11. WingofTech

WingofTech Big Damn Hero

I'm liking the cheap flare prices. Who the heck is their manufacturer? :cautious:

12. ZephGrey

ZephGrey Pangalactic Porcupine

As do I. I wouldn't want to match my furniture. =/

Really excited for all this content though. My undersea base feels lonely.

13. Dragon-fan

Dragon-fan Void-Bound Voyager

A supply depot /warehouse manager npc that has a UI that can access all the chests in the room to speedup finding building materials/tools/furniture or have a list of what is in the chests/boxes in the room
    :geek::coffee:

Milhafre and tery215 like this.
  14. claudekennilol

claudekennilol Space Kumquat

So I definitely copied that huge area of whitespace into word and tried to change the font face/size just to see if there was a hidden message in it.

15. Eldren

Eldren Aquatic Astronaut

What I want to know is why this is so expensive.

16. Akogishi

Akogishi Scruffy Nerf-Herder

It depends on what the currency exchange is. What is 1 pixel worth in US Dollars or Euros?

jasonzoo123 likes this.
  17. glasspug

glasspug Phantasmal Quasar

Anyone else fine it weird that there is, a sun person in an ice house!

18. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

Opposites attract.

Sadiesaur, VxT0X1CxV and jasonzoo123 like this.
  19. RatixFarrence

RatixFarrence Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Praise the sun, I was waiting for that reference. Didn't take long. xD

20. Royal_Starlord

Royal_Starlord Big Damn Hero

So now I can own all the possible light creating furniture in the game? Sweet! :D

jasonzoo123 likes this.