9th June - Leap attack!

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Jun 9, 2015.

1. mollygos submitted a new blog post:

9th June - Leap attack!

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

Lecic, Axe Garian, eksynn and 13 others like this.
  2. capizma

capizma Cosmic Narwhal

cool! this sounds awesome

Axe Garian likes this.
  3. BloodyFingers

BloodyFingers The End of Time

I'd like to see more kung fu moves.
    It makes sense, since there are Hylotl monks.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2015
  4. Dinoavatar

Dinoavatar Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'd like to see a shockwave attack

Axe Garian and Tamorr like this.
  5. Zach The Ripper

Zach The Ripper Void-Bound Voyager

Would love to see a charging spear attack that either gave a short invincibility frame or picked up enemies and pushed them back a short distance. Possibly stunning them if you managed to collide with terrain. Or like a spear flip, that allowed you to dodge attacks by pole vaulting. Wouldn't mind a ground slam shock wave for axes/hammers. A little sword beam with two handers could be cool, or an air slash. Maybe a short spinning animation that hit both sides of your player. Perhaps a bleeding strike from axes? Or an knockback attack. You could do rifle bashes with guns, pistol whips for stuns, ground shots that throw your character back for quick getaways with rockets or shotguns. You could allow shields to have a short lived effect if they perfect block, like a knockback parry or a fireblast or some such erupting from the shield. Hrrrm. Basically the possibilities are endless and there's a lot you could do.

Drawing inspiration from Smash Bros and LoL may be a good idea here to have a wide pool of effects/animations/uses for different weapons. Such as Link from the current iterations Smash Bros, he has insane zonal coverage with all of his wide sweeping sword strikes and ranged abilities. Possibly a flipping backstab for one handed daggers? Or a shield charge/bash for one handed shields. (Though I know this is unlikely due to already having the utility of being able to use an offhand.) Rambling aside, glad to see you guys taking this direction.

6. Llamaman333

Llamaman333 Tentacle Wrangler

I'd love to see a rocket launcher that's alternate ability is to hit the enemy with the blunt side of a gun, it would be so cool!

Revolt!, Learner, Krabbe and 5 others like this.
  7. Zach The Ripper

Zach The Ripper Void-Bound Voyager

Would be wicked to be able to use rocket launchers as psuedo maces at close range. Or vague, way too large polearms anyway. Hahaha.

Ebon_Wolf likes this.
  8. Llamaman333

Llamaman333 Tentacle Wrangler

TF2-Style Rocket Jumping? Maybe a little too crazy...

Learner, Axe Garian, Kripnok and 2 others like this.
  9. Phantaeon

Phantaeon Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Monster hunter's Blastblight. AKA explosions.

midga likes this.
  10. Relten

Relten The Waste of Time

Kung fury anyone?

neowiz73, julamad, Tamorr and 5 others like this.
  11. TheTrueArtisan

TheTrueArtisan Subatomic Cosmonaut

I'd like to see a sword/sword class that makes the alt-fire give a brief window to block the attack, dash behind them, and hit them for additional damage. Or a fencing style of sword whose main gimmick is that the main attack is actually two fast swings and the alt-fire is a dashing lunge forward.

12. shannyxvx

shannyxvx Space Spelunker

Elemental gauntlets, so I can feel like a wizard
    Also I hope the devs can change one of the many final tier Hylotl guns into a bow, to complete that futuristic samurai feel :D

Last edited: Jun 9, 2015
    illusionist462, Dragon-fan and 409 like this.
  13. NeuRazgriz

NeuRazgriz Subatomic Cosmonaut

My hype gauge is over the value!
    i can't wait for this
    [​IMG]
    Or the glow weapon (i already imagine minions like in Ratchet & clank) and the guns with the flashlight attached will be amazingly usefull!

14. RAINBOW GUN! Shoots rainbows and sparkles. Something like a beam weapon kinda gun would be fun.

riscles, julamad, Kripnok and 4 others like this.
  15. Drakarus

Drakarus Scruffy Nerf-Herder

This is the kind of combat variety that this game needs.
    I'd love to see an upward smash on some weapons that sends enemies flying. Another idea is returning thrown weapons, like a bladed boomerang. Rush attacks that send the player charging through enemies would be a cool one too.
    If these special attacks could be implemented in a similar way to the current weapon elemental effects, like poison and fire, that would be amazing.
    (Ever consider a weapon part salvaging mechanic? Like, allowing the player to disassemble random non-legendary weapons and build custom ones from the parts? There could be a new crafting station for this, the salvage table or something. :p )

16. ESquidHD

ESquidHD Void-Bound Voyager

I totally agree, a gun that fires a rainbow arc dealing Tiers 1-10 damage. EPIC!

17. BradleyUffner

BradleyUffner Void-Bound Voyager

I don't really know how I feel about a weapon adding a "movement-type" attack. I think that a player should be in control of the character instead of a specific weapon. The player should be able to do a jump attack with any weapon, the system applying extra damage if it detects a hit while in the downward part of the attack. I would be more ok with things like weapons providing a speed boost while equipped, or a jump bonus, but not all out taking control.

18. 409

409 Big Damn Hero

An energy weapon that does armor-ignoring damage with the alternate fire, but consumes huge amounts of energy.

A rocket launcher which can shoot laser-firing, floating drones with the alternate attack.

A sword with an engine or similar device in it that can perform a much more powerful attack at the expense of some self-damage.

A grenade launcher with those dumb spike balls that detonates them on right click.

Any weapon which shoots a solid beam.

A shattergun which instead of shooting a bunch of fragments on alternate fire, shoots out a huge chunk that functions like one of the boulders we've seen from the new boulder traps.

And while you're at all this, randomly generated staves with this level of variety, too.

19. Relten

Relten The Waste of Time

Isn't that basically the gnome gun?

TheEpicFox, Tuliup Man and Darklight like this.
  20. I_am_a_perso

I_am_a_perso Void-Bound Voyager

We need powerful weapons to send you flying backward, and weapons like flame-throwers to effect your movement while in the air!

Smileess, Kripnok and midga like this.