4th June - Fröggs in Fezzes

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Jun 4, 2015.

1. mollygos submitted a new blog post:

4th June - Fröggs in Fezzes

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

Last edited: Jun 5, 2015
  2. Awesome! NPCs will act like they aren't totally indifferent to each other!

Also cool shop. I look forward to being a patron of Fro-kia.

3. Slapchop

Slapchop Poptop Tamer

Looks rad :nod: forever waiting for all of these things to be released in stable

Starbound updates.png

4. Jokie155

Jokie155 Void-Bound Voyager

Awesome, I sense some PC/NPC chatter interaction down the line! :D

5. NeuRazgriz

NeuRazgriz Subatomic Cosmonaut

go with the Unstable branch (not nightly,the unstable) (which anyway should be the Stable,it have updates,and it's less crashy\bugged than the nightly..)

6. Varixai

Varixai Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

Tons of other updates! Here's some notes about these:
    • All of this is on the Nightly only, it won't hit stable for over a month. (source)
    • All of the things mentioned below are in the process of being added to the wiki for you to see.
    • You'll find the links on the wiki's nightly changelog when they are added.
    • You can see code changes more directly at Kawa's nightly diff index.
    • See the admin commands wiki page if you need help with any of the spawn commands mentioned below.

Now for the good stuff:
    • New capturable pets! A pure white kitty named Floki (based on the @Necotho's adorable kitty!) and a pure white Bunny. /spawnmonster floki 6 (or bunny 6)
    • The Floran mission is now fixed on the Nightly. Nuru fights the last boss with you! (Though she has trouble finding the exit after the fight)
    • The Ark "Caretaker" has been added to the game as a "temporary prop" right now (can spawn with "ancientprop"). HOWEVER, they have started putting in Caretaker armor! (seen on me here) It is a bit more purple than the prop, and only the head piece is fully done (the chest only shows when falling or walking backwards and the legs only show in the tooltip). You can spawn them with /spawnitem caretakerhead, caretakerchest, and caretakerlegs
    • They have also added Ancient Wall Lights and Ancient Torches (ancientlight and ancienttorch to spawn)
    • NPCs got a pretty large balance pass, in general reducing their base HP and energy regen. This was likely done to bring them in line with the player's armor and weapon values, all of which have also been reduced the past few stable patches.
    • The refinery got an economy pass, lowering the amount you get from each ore. You can see the old prices here and the new prices here.
    • The outpost shipyard objects have been added to the game assets but not the outpost yet. Supernorn tweeted the final GIF of them together. (and an imgur alternative) You can spawn these items with /spawnitem shipyardwelding, shipyardcaptain, and shipyardjunk
    • 124 Tier 6 weapons got their crafting costs cut in half. (All 6 melee weapon types for all 6 melee races on all 3 crafting tables, plus 9 novakid guns and all 7 higher tier racial staffs)
    • ^ Note: I updated the wiki pages for all of those weapons, so all tier 6 weapon pages have half the cost listed than they really need on Stable. I put history notes at the bottom of every page like this, so on those pages you can see "Pleased Giraffe: Crafting cost changed from 16 to 8".
    • All the Tier 6 racial armor got the same treatment last night (half the crafting cost).. will change on the wiki at some point.
    • The Avian mission has continued to get work done to it, it's getting quite large.
    • Merchant dialogue has now been changed to reduce animosity between Florans and Hylotls, much like villagers were changed a couple days ago. (A move that has provoked some controversy)
    • ^ I have posted almost all of the dialogue changes here.
    • Rosiedeux issued a grave warning about the effects of Photoshop zoom on penguins.

Colony specific updates:
    • @tccoxon has continued his work on colonies, and is having fun while doing it.
    • He removed the placeholder tenants and seems to be working from the ground up adding the real tenants
    • Tenants were given their own drop pools for rent.
    • Merchants now have colony dialogue. (Villager colony dialogue was added on Tuesday)
    • I have added all of the above colony stuff to the new tenant wiki page, and will continue to do so as more things get added.

P.S. Here's a daisy chain link to my previous updates post on Tuesday. I'm not really sure how I started doing these, but I think they are useful and actually kind of fun.. maybe I'll give it a name and make it a thing? o.0 (with better formatting hopefully) Also, remember I edit my large posts a lot, sometimes adding awesome stuff like the flashlight link below.

Edit: Devs, I hope you end up giving Nuru's Spear its old attack, which I think was fantastic and fit her better as a Floran. (assuming you don't replace it with an all new one you're still cooking up)

Edit 2: GUN MOUNTED FLASHLIGHTS and proper muzzle flashes!

Last edited: Jun 4, 2015
  7. Orion_Pax

Orion_Pax Pangalactic Porcupine

Hooray! Furniture merchant!

PabloElPuas likes this.
  8. midga

midga Void-Bound Voyager

9. bonberjean

bonberjean Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I prefer to wait the stable, I'm very patient

10. DragonsForce

DragonsForce Weight of the Sky

This looks good! As far as I am concerned, the conversation can be implemented like this :) And the frog looks great; does he mean that I will finally be able to get my Hylotl furniture without cheating?

Relten likes this.
  11. Jareix Cryvix

Jareix Cryvix The Waste of Time

Ah... Mah... Gawd... That frögg... Is SOOOO ADORABLE!

willpill35 likes this.
  12. HellArcher

HellArcher Void-Bound Voyager

13. user2345562

user2345562 Guest

Best conversation ever :p

King Leonidas, Relten and Jbeetle like this.
  14. Relten

Relten The Waste of Time

It's nice to see that NPCs will have more life to them.

15. SmugFrog

SmugFrog Void-Bound Voyager

Frogs! Yay! I knew you wouldn't let me down Chucklefish.

Also, I hope the conversations are a little more seamless than the Elder Scrolls strange conversations. Then again that could be interesting if there's a lot of options for dialogue!

16. Jbeetle

Jbeetle Oxygen Tank

That NPC conversation is the best thing to come out of Starbound ever.

17. Tamorr

Tamorr Supernova

Yay! A furniture store... Wonder what types it will sell, and how they will go about that. Wonder if they could make it somewhat random if many are to be sold. I guess I'll see in the future.:)

Another distinguished gentleman being added.:D

18. MrChow

MrChow Pangalactic Porcupine

19. Darklight

Darklight Oxygen Tank

Not just that. MUZZLE FLASHES THAT LIGHT UP THE DARK! Horror maps HERE WE COME

20. DragonsForce

DragonsForce Weight of the Sky

willpill35 and PabloElPuas like this.