1st June - Mysterious Eyepatch Man

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Jun 1, 2015.

1. Varixai

Varixai Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

No information yet on what function said thing-a-majig (aka Shipyard) may have?

As for other Nightly changes:
    • The Floran mission got new boss themed wall torches, however the boss is currently between development stages and cannot be killed (therefore you can't get past that room).
    • A Stepladder was added.
    • A ton of new Ancient Strip Lights have been added. They now go from 1 to 13. I'll be finding a way to display them all on 1 wiki page soon. (EDIT: I have added a navbox to the bottom of the strip light pages to help navigate them for now)
    • A cool new Ancient Chest was added as well. As were an Ancient Hatch and a small Ancient Console for wiring. (and a "normal" Ancient Door)
    • For the Hylotl mission, "Floor" and "Floop" signs were added. Also added to the Hylotl mission: A cool Blue Alert light and a Huge Tentacle Prop.
    As usual you can see the full list of new items on the wiki's nightly changelog and a detailed day to day nightly changelog at Kawa's site.

Some awesome things the new dungeon creator quiqksilver:
    • He posted a GIF of his latest Challenge Room, you can see it here.
    • He discusses and shows off all the latest nightly additions in this video.
    • He also posted a video of him creating a Challenge Room using the Starbound adapted Tiled program here.

Edit: Supernorn also said yesterday that the next stable update is likely a couple months away.

P.S. Love the old version of the Hylotl ship being torn apart on the right.
    Fun fact: The old Hylotl ship design was abandoned because it didn't look good scaled up for ship upgrades.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2015
  2. eeeeee! This is starting to look so good! I like that the eye-patch dude has some hanging lights that make him seem a little more exotically shady. Definitely the black market type. Black market space dealings -- one step closer to becoming a space outlaw #thedreamisreal

lvl1337n00b likes this.
  3. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

I don't trust that mechanic. Probably tell me I need to restablize by conductive thermocoils and lighten by dark matter when I just came for an oil change.

4. SupertankerZambda

SupertankerZambda Void-Bound Voyager

Just put a sign that says "I Sell Illegal Weapons" above him. That should complete the look.

King Leonidas and Mackinz like this.
  5. ScienceSlasher

ScienceSlasher Void-Bound Voyager

Well I think Penguin Pay has most defensively been busy for the last few days. there probably using all of the diamonds they've been earning by selling all of there Legal"CoughBlackMarketCough"Goods. I wish them the best of luck with the rest of there building plans and company extensions. Also am i just seeing things wrong or is patchy over there have a hook for a foot?

Viinkaran likes this.
  6. Katzeus

Katzeus Chucklefisherman Chucklefish

Nick Fury confirmed

[​IMG]

Pohany, tomatelopes, Mackinz and 3 others like this.
  7. HellArcher

HellArcher Void-Bound Voyager

Old Hylotl ship parts on the right...
    Looks nice, I'm definitely interested!

8. Viinkaran

Viinkaran Title Not Found

i dont know what it is but IT WILL BE AWESOME!

9. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

Noticed that too. Wonder why they used that instead of the current one.

Also, how does that crane turn? The lateral supports are connected to the vertical structure...

tomatelopes likes this.
  10. DaedricShadow

DaedricShadow Pangalactic Porcupine

Once again, you pull this information out of your pocket! Great job, you just won the change-notes-finding contest!

tomatelopes likes this.
  11. Viinkaran

Viinkaran Title Not Found

thats exactly what i was about to say...

12. HellArcher

HellArcher Void-Bound Voyager

Old design of Hylotl ship was junked and... well shipyard, right?

DragonsForce likes this.
  13. TheFudgement

TheFudgement Ketchup Robot

[​IMG]

Always trust a man who has mistaken a pirate hook for his peg-leg. Someone should give him a lesson in basic pirate prosthetics.

Also, the Penguins are a good workforce considering that they require smaller tools and machinery -> less materials.

14. Towerbooks3192

Towerbooks3192 Void-Bound Voyager

I must say I am getting super excited when the next update is gonna happen. Also I know this is not the place to ask but what is the difference between the stable and unstable minus the nightly?

15. Varixai

Varixai Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

Right this second there is no difference. Last I checked Unstable was actually slightly behind Stable.

Whenever the Nightly build gets pushed to Unstable then there will be a huge difference, but that is likely going to be more than a month from now.

16. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

http://chronicle.augusta.com/sites/default/files/imagecache/superphoto/11238855.jpg

Dont think that's a hook, but rather a sci-fi's version of a peg leg.

shannyxvx likes this.
  17. Towerbooks3192

Towerbooks3192 Void-Bound Voyager

Oh. Ok. Cheers! Might as well keep my sort of serious game on stable and my other adventures on stable then. The only thing that I wish exists in stable for the moment is the ability to sell but I guess I would have to wait. Might as well focus on exams now then.

18. Gefferson

Gefferson Orbital Explorer

Melee weapons, shields, NPC is, of course, cool. But I would in your place would make in game more interaction with the world (HANDS build wooden, stone buildings), various animations in the interaction with the levers, buttons and craft animation, you need to add a hunger and thirst to improve the game as a genre of survival. The only useful thing you are working on it over the combat system and the system of colonization. I understand that you spend a lot of energy and all that, but about the basic things you should not forget.
    p.s: by Gefferson with love:love:, I LOVE STARBOUND

tomatelopes likes this.
  19. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

Yay for progress! No yay for piracy! D:<

Gefferson and DaedricShadow like this.