20th May - The Light Fantastic

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by Supernorn, May 20, 2015.

1. Supernorn

Supernorn Starbound Artist and Parallax Pixel Pusher Chucklefish

mollygos submitted a new blog post:

20th May - The Light Fantastic

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2015
  2. Reko

Reko Void-Bound Voyager

Wow. Love it!
    Hope you don't stop there. The more designs the better.

3. River King

River King Big Damn Hero

Well that was much needed I really try not to use that many mods so this will definitely help out.

4. dropdead

dropdead Big Damn Hero

I like it! Doesn't even need to be quite as bright but it's about time to finally be able to walk underground without leaving hundreds and hundreds of torches. It's anoying to stop every 10 steps to put up one. I must have used thousands of torches in my time with the game... if tha's enough.

5. Lagoz

Lagoz Scruffy Nerf-Herder

cool :3

6. R_C_A^

R_C_A^ Pangalactic Porcupine

Nice little upgrade path you got going there :O

7. Sinister Stairs

Sinister Stairs Void-Bound Voyager

I may cry with joy

8. HoztileManikyn

HoztileManikyn Master Chief

This will definitely come in handy on moons, I can't even begin to tell you how many times i run out of torches trying to re-fuel my ship

9. Treldent-02

Treldent-02 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I see you're replying to the communities pleads, these look rather interesting.

10. Milonour

Milonour Void-Bound Voyager

I really like it, the oil lantern was so far pretty much the option for backpack slot, even in late game, which is kind of silly.

How about also adding searchlights that would be brighter but mostly illuminate in whichever direction your cursor is? Think an upgraded flashlight you wouldn't need to hold in your hand. It would be cool to have to pick one of the two - either a weaker spherical light (as you have shown) or a stronger pointed searchlight.

11. MrStrangerPL

MrStrangerPL Pangalactic Porcupine

Pure beauty! Now some seed deployer or other stuff, that can make us plant grass, and I'm a happy Avian.

Starcat5 likes this.
  12. devilanc

devilanc Title Not Found

Somehow, I just can't seem to get rid of the giant Q-tip image when I see that new back light :facepalm: ( I know that's silly).

Fluff, sid3aff3ct and Axe Garian like this.
  13. DragonsForce

DragonsForce Weight of the Sky

Such... beauty... Need... it...

Wow, this is so cool! The good old lanternstick was a great invention, but it was a bit weak. Now I will be truely enlightend!
    Sadly the look of those still doesn't fit me, but that's what capes are for :)

Starcat5 likes this.
  14. STCW262

STCW262 Heliosphere

So, now that thing finally has an upgrade that fits with the game´s overall sci-fi theme (The Lantern on a Stick looks really weird after the first 3 tiers or so). Good. Now all I hope is that there will be more useful backpack items.

CrystalCharlie and Axe Garian like this.
  15. DragonsForce

DragonsForce Weight of the Sky

I don't hope so... I would have to exchange them all the time :)

Axe Garian and sonofxavenger like this.
  16. BloodyRain2k

BloodyRain2k Pangalactic Porcupine

Nice, I'll definitely get a Halogen one, I prefer a warmer glow and I'm so used to the short sight range of the standard lantern that not having max range will still be good enough ^_^

17. Royal_Starlord

Royal_Starlord Big Damn Hero

Awesome. The regular lantern needed an upgrade. :3

Starcat5 likes this.
  18. Unclever title

Unclever title Cosmic Narwhal

Excellent! Now I won't have to rely on torches/cheaplights/firing off a plasma rifle every fifty feet.

Though I might still do that last one, just for the hell of it.

19. claudekennilol

claudekennilol Space Kumquat

20. dorn

dorn Scruffy Nerf-Herder

PLEASE make the high level versions Mags. They're those mini robots that float over your shoulder in Phantasy Star Online.